City of Amnesia
May 18, 2024, 05:17:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Big O action figures (APRIL 2011 SRSLY)  (Read 34361 times)
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2011, 02:18:58 AM »

Megadeus... as in "Megadeus's Spoiler Clips" Megadeus???

Dude! Welcome back!  Grin It's evanASF27, now in moderator form.

Well now I have a third (or fourth) location to scout prices for the Max Factory figures.

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Megadeus

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2011, 11:31:08 AM »

Yeeeeeeeeap! It's me! Mr. "Spoiler" in the flesh. I bit more wise and a LOT older and more frail, BUT, my fingers can type!!!

Anyone else on here from the ol' PC?

[image/]https://picasaweb.google.com/102157803571346055421/MyDocuments?authkey=Gv1sRgCNKVzt6syaSpTQ#5622232641475167698[\image]
Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 06:31:23 PM »

Indeed! snakemarcato13 here, now Casval Daikun.

To my knowledge, at least 50% of those of us active are from the old PC...and moderators lol.

Welcome back!

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2011, 02:07:55 AM »

Yeeeeeeeeap! It's me! Mr. "Spoiler" in the flesh. I bit more wise and a LOT older and more frail, BUT, my fingers can type!!!

Anyone else on here from the ol' PC?

They said I died but that was just to console the public, in reality I've become something greater...darker..more spiteful and powerful..a being who

I forget where I was going with that, nah I used to post on pcf too yeah
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 02:28:48 PM »

Well it seems HLJ has put a hold on their orders for Big Duo and Big Fau. They must have reached their pre-order limit. I'm gonna have to order it from another site then... I was hoping to at least wait until August to place an order. That might not be an option now. Undecided

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2012, 12:10:53 PM »

After having the release being pushed back by 3 months, it seems the entirety of the Max Factory Big O line is on the shelves. Including my own.

I only purchased Big Fau, and I'm rather glad it was just the one. The thing is MASSIVE, and its box is huge. I can only imagine how wide the Max Factory Big Duo stands with its enormous engines. In height order from smallest to largest: Kotobukiya Mini-Figure "Big O" (3 1/16"), Bandai Anime Collector series "Big O" (7 1/2"), Soul of Chogokin GX-48 "Big O" (8 3/8"), and Max Factory "Big Fau" (12 1/4").

The only joints on the model (which is quite light) are at the neck, shoulder, and femur/hips. They're a basic swivel on one plane... for the cost of one Soul of Chogokin Big O, it's only "alright". From a distance (on display) it's a great thing for the Big O fan to show off. Close up (modeling) the details could be better and more of them. It's definitely a "for show" model rather than something the traditional model collector would want in this day-and-age.

Let's put it this way: while I'm not completely disappointed in the purchase, I will sell it in a heartbeat if Soul of Chogokin announces Duo/Fau for 2012/13. With that said, the Max Factory 2011 Big O model (which is fully posable, includes all his accessories, and is triple the cost at US$400+) must be absolutely brilliant. It's probably the closest thing to the toy the show was originally meant to sell (it's big enough) but that price tag is so prohibitive it's not even funny.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:12:34 PM by Professor Vogler » Logged

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2012, 03:54:29 AM »

Glad I decided to sign on today.

That Fau is quite impressive. Oh Gordon, must you always compensate?

It's interesting to see the details and decisions that went into each rendition of Big O. Sadly ironic how the tiny model has just about the same level of detail as the larger ones.

The GX-48 is quite a beauty. I enjoy the car-doors in the feet, and that sparkly luster is sexy. :3

Please provide a link if there are any pictures of this mythical Max Factory shiz you describe.

Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2012, 09:48:26 PM »

Many of the blogs that reviewed the Max "Gohkin" Big O have the same pictures, but here's HLJ's page for the item. http://www.hlj.com/product/MAX07007 (Not-)Surprisingly, it says it's already discontinued!! The thing was released only the past August.

The sad thing is that Soul of Chogokin released a very limited special accessory pack for the GX-48 a month or so after it debuted. For the price of the figure (at the time $140~) you got O-Thunder (arms & plasma attack rings), hip anchor + chains, and extra heads (including "maskless" archetype head). That quickly sold out (I kick myself every day that I didn't invest in it) and they are now retailing on Ebay from questionable sellers at $400+.

Without a doubt the Soul of Chogokin model is the superior model in my opinion. In size, features, and cost it just is THE one model the Big O collector should have. I would love a side-by-side review/comparison of the Max Factory and SoC models... but not for an extra 400 bucks.

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2012, 10:36:55 PM »

Big fau is huge.  Shocked im so getting the Big O model when I get a decent sized paycheck, which wont be long now I hope. Anyone else get both the figma Roger and Dorothy dolls btw? I did, well rogers in the mail but Dorothy got here.for Christmas. And I found out you have to exercise doll joints for figma dolls to be fully poseable. And found out the Dorothy doll has bloomers. All I can say to that is ... Why?

Shall I grant your wish?
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2012, 02:52:59 AM »

So if anyone wants me to do figma doll poses with Rigor and Dorothy say so and I'll post in the the fan works section.

Shall I grant your wish?
Wingnut

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2012, 08:05:35 AM »

Sure, why not?

The three most hated words in television: To Be Continued...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: