City of Amnesia
May 18, 2024, 07:55:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vera Ronstad = to smart , how does she know everything?  (Read 10032 times)
IslamISMONOTHEISM
I constantly will change my forum pics, and sig.

« on: November 28, 2010, 08:09:34 PM »

Seriously We really don't know alot about this Character.
    How does she KNOW Both WHERE THE LEVITHAN and Behemoth were.
 And Where did she find the parts for Big Fuo
       and what about the Hydra?
I have the feeling their is this evil organization of the outskirts of the wastelands
     in the show its called the "Union"
but exactly how many people are part of it?
 where do they house themselves?
 where do they get their materials and tools?
     who funds all of it?
 how are the funds obtained?
   and why are they the only groups in the wasteland?
could their be countless other "Unions"
 with different plans  ... out in the endless wastelands?

Am I not the Koolest?
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 08:29:17 PM »

Ok quick run through here;
Union = Canadians
Wasteland= Canada
Vera is Alex Rosewater's ex-female lover. Yeah I'm not kidding.
Angel is there kid.
Alex Rosewater funds the Union.
The Union lives in Paradigm under assumed names after being told by Gordon that they couldn't be citizens.
They also live in more hospitable parts of the waste, where there may be water and electric faculties.
They found the Behemoth, Lethi and Fau.
There are about 300 agents in the Union, as Angel in #240 and Alan in #230. Vera is #1.

Shall I grant your wish?
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 08:45:00 PM »

That's cool. All that from the guidebooks?

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 08:37:56 PM »

That and inference/ symbolism. Seriously, everything in Big O is only a bigger mystery if you don't pay attention. Most questions are answered for you if you just look.

Shall I grant your wish?
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 01:28:00 AM »

Yuko, you really shouldn't go posting your personal theories without stipulating they aren't supported by 'Word of God'.... people will get the wrong impression and become misinformed.

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 11:33:31 AM »

Most of what is posted isn't a personal theory.
Seriously. I have watched through this series probably more then 20 times. After a while you start noticing things in the background, or things that are only said in whispers.

Plus the guide book does hint at most of what is said. And it did say that the wastelands where Canada.

Shall I grant your wish?
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 04:01:56 PM »

Since you don't really know me, I wouldn't blame you for it, but I've been around here since Season 2's premier in 2003... I've watched the series a lot and had to memorize scenes for AMV creation. I'm fairly competent in my Big O knowledge.

Union = Canadians
Although this idea is funny as hell, I'm sure that the Union was made up of rejects from Gordon Rosewater's "Tomato Project". The hundreds of research subject later grew up and found common ground creating The Union. There isn't any mention of your idea in the series, and although there is no direct statement of my assessment of the Union's backstory in the series itself it has more supportive evidence in the conversations of Vera and Gordon.

Wasteland= Canada
...you mean the Wasteland that also includes Coney Island/Palisades Park, New Jersey, and everything that is not Paradigm City? If we are to believe Paradigm City is a version of NYC (although there is one port that looks like it's from San Francisco, if I recall) the "Wasteland" would be ridiculously farther North. It's a long flippin' drive from NYC to the Canadian border. Electric City might be Niagara Falls, which lends a bit of credence to your thought, but who's to say that they didn't build a damn across the Hudson?

Vera is Alex Rosewater's ex-female lover. Yeah I'm not kidding.
Angel is there kid.

...whaaaaaaaat? There are a few types of shipping I approve of, this is not one of them.

The Union lives in Paradigm under assumed names after being told by Gordon that they couldn't be citizens.
They also live in more hospitable parts of the waste, where there may be water and electric faculties.
They found the Behemoth, Lethi and Fau.
There are about 300 agents in the Union, as Angel in #240 and Alan in #230. Vera is #1.

As far as I can tell these are either true or can be reasonably held up with established canon and in-series exposition support. (Btw, "Lethi" for Leviathan... Really? Undecided )

I've been meaning to buy myself the art book / series guide but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get shipping to America from Amazon.jp sellers. Somewhere in the style guide it also mentions the show being set in 2099... and in discussion across the incarnation of Paradigm City Forums we haven't ever confirmed this to be true. If you could put up a scan of the portion of the style guide which references the relationships and wasteland information, maybe we can discuss further.

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 05:15:34 PM »

Lol. I wasn't shipping. That's what the creator of the show said in a Japanese only article, which I found by accident looking for fanart from Japanese artists. He also stated that the Wasteland was Canada/The upper half of New York, this is also in the guidebook. And only some of the Union members are failed tomatoes from what I understand. I think Alan is one actually, though that is pure speculation. However how else do you explain he physios, save a very bad childhood.
And yes Lethi. I have spelling problems and didn't feel like typing it out.

Also I've been around since the show was just coming to America. Maybe not on the forums, as I was 8 when it premiered on Toonami, but I loved it from the first few seconds. Though I can honestly say I have never tried to memorize it until recently. The only parts I have memorized are the funny conversations and insults. Like "Your sense of fashion reeks", and "Crow boy".

Also if you want the art book from amazon.jp you need to have a US account on Amazon. Next type in the Japanese name of Big O in amazon search. Buy art book from seller. Problem solved. This works for every time you need to buy from another country. Just type what you want in the language you want it in. I buy from Japan and China this way.
Also I think I've seen the art book on ebay for around $50. That's pretty good considering it's more on Amazon. Last time I looked anyway.

Shall I grant your wish?
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 06:04:37 PM »

If you still happen to have the link to that article it'd be much appreciated. I'll run it by a contact of mine.

(completely off topic at the mo)
I tried a while ago to buy Paradigm Noise (a novel about Big O with no English release) from Amazon.jp, and even got as far as filling out the order but then found out that no one ships to the US. So the problem is not so much the buying but actually receiving it. Both Paradigm Noise and what I believe is the style guide are still available from Amazon.jp for about 3602 Yen total (under $45 USD w/o shipping costs). I'd buy them in a heartbeat but the website seems to love not shipping outside of Japan.

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Tifaria
Your Friendly Neighborhood Cynic

Your friendly neighborhood cynic

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 07:52:34 AM »

I'm curious about all these things that only you seem to notice, Yuko.  Please give us some insight into all of these mysterious things in the background that the rest of us have missed, as well as this article that you found by accident.  Most of us have watched the series several times and discussed it to death, and I don't recall any of the things you mentioned ever being brought up. 
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 11:00:49 AM »

Most of us have watched the series several times and discussed it to death, and I don't recall any of the things you mentioned ever being brought up. 
Well, maybe ACT or Falcon7 brought something up... but I needed to use brain bleach afterward. Sad

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 08:00:42 PM »

I'll see if I can find the article again.

As to how I find the hidden meanings and all the other stuff, well, some of it I just noticed. I have no idea when I noticed it, but it was there. Like how you can tell Dorothy likes Roger. Even though every time she brings it up her circuits overload or she says shes joking. But you can tell she cares for him. If she didn't then I have no other explanation of how she puts up with his crap. Some of it you just need to watch for, and you'll see it.

Another thing that helped me see some stuff was watching it with friends. Hell my evil twin and I watched the entire fucking series together over a 2 month period. At this point I didn't have the guide and had no idea the union where Canadians. But while watching it with her she said "Those people have a Montreal accent". My response; "What?". "Yeah that crazy blond lady has a Montreal/french accent." That's how I figured out Vera was french. When my friend and I finished the series she asked why Canada was a wasteland and if that's what most Japanese people thought of it. I laughed at the time, but when I got the guide book it said the Wasteland really was Canada.

I've watched the series multiple times, and I usually watched it with friends. I've probably watched this series more time with friends then by myself. I have a friend who came over and brought her little brother with her. I was watching Act 1 again and told 'em to come up to my room and watch it with me. Dewey made the weirdest comment I ever thought I'd hear about the show, "Why is the giant male robot look like it's wearing a freaking skirt and the girl robot look like she has pants on?" Of course my friend and I couldn't stop laughing, but thanks to his weird comment I figured out that every robot, save Venus, looks like their wearing armor meant for the opposite gender. However, seeing as I might be wrong this is the first time I've mentioned it.

But yeah, watching with friends is most likely how I figured this stuff out.

Shall I grant your wish?
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 09:39:47 PM »

I always assumed the union was the remnants of the european union. I remember thinking the cyrillic satillite red herring that pops up was confirmation of this (I was expecting it to turn out that they were all survivors of some third world war between various regional powers, hence the flashbacks to armies of big o's wandering around)

In retrospect I now realize thats..basically the backstory of the fallout franchise, sort of, kind of, but in my defense I played A LOT of fallout 2 so it probably got stuck in my head
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 09:44:03 PM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
Mike
soap

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 08:55:26 AM »

I always assumed the union was the remnants of the european union. I remember thinking the cyrillic satillite red herring that pops up was confirmation of this (I was expecting it to turn out that they were all survivors of some third world war between various regional powers, hence the flashbacks to armies of big o's wandering around)

In retrospect I now realize thats..basically the backstory of the fallout franchise, sort of, kind of, but in my defense I played A LOT of fallout 2 so it probably got stuck in my head
That was the vibe I got too. I think a lot of people did, because that is a logical conclusion one could come to after watching most of the series before it all gets weird in the last episode.
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 11:58:21 AM »

Yeah at that point I was like "Oh. Apparently I accidentally put more thought into this theory than the writer did into the actual show."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: