City of Amnesia
May 17, 2024, 07:00:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MY WEBSITE!  (Read 8862 times)
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« on: November 08, 2010, 05:35:47 PM »

Boom.

It's very simple, but it gets the job done. Soon, I shall begin applying to animation studios.

I have a question for all of you. My gf, who constructed the page, says the page loads for her as one long, vertical column. This is wrong. For me, it loads in two columns, which is correct. How does it load for you? I'm going to call the host tomorrow, but I want extra voices.

Also, would you change any wordings in the Bio, Profile or Captions? I'll be grateful for your input no matter what.

Ace of Spades
"Gigolo Joe" (ref: Pimp Char)
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 10:10:15 PM »

Needs moar Frankenhooker.

Who's afraid of The Big Bad Wolf?
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 10:17:55 PM »

Take your 80's b-movie references elsewhere.

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 02:16:12 PM »

Places I called/sent e-mails:

Augenblick Studios (Superjail!, Ugly Americans)
World Leaders Entertainment (Venture Bros.)
Frederator Studios (Adventure Time, Fairly Odd Parents, Life as a Teenage Robot)
Animation Collective
Inky Dinky Animation

It's less daunting when you actually do it. I forgot that the people on the other end of the line are probably a lot like me.

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 10:11:45 AM »

Augenblick got back to me IMMEDIATELY. That's cool, 'cuz the person I talked to on the phone sounded super-nice.

I've got an interview with them on Thursday! Yet it is too soon to truly celebrate. The test has not yet begun. The test... to act natural!

Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 11:16:19 PM »

But Dan...

Acting natural doesn't get the creative anywhere.

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 02:28:55 AM »

lol. Wise words. But natural by whose standards? Maybe my natural is entirely kooky.

It's deep. Deeper than a black hole. Deep like a Davey Jones' snoring. Deep as my nostrils, even.

Wazpy

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 12:20:43 PM »

The images loaded very slowly for me the first time I opened them. Clear your cache and see if you have the same problem. The filesize might be too large.

Also, here's my website. It's a hunk of garbage next to yours, but I just needed to put my stuff up.
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 02:34:02 PM »

Thanks for the compliment.

Mm, yeah they do load slowly. You should see some other art students' sites, though. They're far worse than mine. Load times in excess of two minutes!

Thanks for pointing it up, though. Maybe in the future I will add something to distract people while it loads. Like spinny lines or dots that resemble a clock.

You website is nice enough, though. It's clean and simple. I would say the biggest and easiest thing you could do to improve it, without adding any more code, would simply be to choose a different color scheme. Yours is functional, which is nice, but on the other hand it's rather ugly. It reminds me of the 90's. I will look up a color scheme guide and post it.

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 06:55:37 AM »

Well I gots me the internship. But it's only one day a week and they don't hire anybody from their internships until after a year of interning. Still, I'm sure as hell willing to do that in order to work at Augenblick. No word from the other studios yet.

Augenblick's studio is so atmospheric. It looks like a bar from 1875 or something, it's all dark and smoky. Not like there's any smoke in it, but it's all warm, dark, decadent and cushy.

Here is a nifty little site, useful for picking color schemes for a website, or anything else, really.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 06:57:24 AM by R. Daniel 01 » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: