City of Amnesia
May 21, 2024, 11:34:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who does Roger love?
Obviously, it's Dorothy. - 19 (82.6%)
No, It's Angel. - 4 (17.4%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: The Big O Romance Speculation Thread! Oh Snap!  (Read 40658 times)
Xel
High Prosecutor

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2007, 01:09:02 PM »

Man, forget you all. I vote for Angel/Dorothy. :<

Never mention this again. It is too good. We're but moths to the TOWERING INFERNO that is this pairing.

Vera/Angel would be acceptable as well, but I get the sense that I'm alone in this.

The Baker St. Irregular
ROCK. ROBOT ROCK.

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2007, 05:50:45 PM »

Angel only got 4 votes!  This is blasphemy! This is madness! *Is a Angel fan* The girl need some love.  Though many of you see Dorothy is perfect for Roger I rather see more R/A I'm sure thing would have work out if they more free time.  Who knows what they talk about in ep 7 behind our backs?

I agree with you, too, man. I can't begin to tell you how bad I felt for Angel in the second season. She had to deal with some serious shit (what with ending up as the Director and all), so losing the man of her dreams to a robit must've been a blow. Even though she accepted it, I doubt any girl would be so carefree after letting Roger Smith pass by.

Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2007, 06:25:24 PM »

I keep on forgetting that Angel is the more practical choice for Roger, to an extent. Hmm... This is why no one should ever create a robot that looks like a person!

Ninomiya sucks at dancing, but everything else is perfect...... Cheesy
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2007, 09:12:20 PM »

Man, forget you all. I vote for Angel/Dorothy. :<

Never mention this again. It is too good. We're but moths to the TOWERING INFERNO that is this pairing.

Vera/Angel would be acceptable as well, but I get the sense that I'm alone in this.

Yeah, it doesn't fly so well. They had a very shallow relationship in the show, so the emotional groundwork isn't laid. On top of that, their aesthetic is conventional blond beauty, so nothing exotic pops out at my eye, or into my imagination.

I'd definitely be intrigued if you wrote a fic, which described all the experiences the women have shared in the past. You wouldn't even need to mention much about a physical aspect before my imagination would take over.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 09:14:11 PM by R. Daniel Olk 01 » Logged

Dark-O

Dark-O

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2007, 09:27:59 PM »

Back a while ago at SBO a certain question me about if I accept Roger and Angel together.  Why not Roger and Dorothy?  Then throws me a curve ball of Hediki and Chi from Chobits.  A series I was watching at Zola's which I found to be a ok anime I watch.  The whole human and persocom relationship was both good and bad but Chi with Hediki seem to be right for me.  Though is a difference that Chi is like a child and cute to watch compare to Dorothy who seems to be cold at times.

"Good guys still wear black"
Xel
High Prosecutor

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2007, 01:48:34 PM »

Yeah, it doesn't fly so well. They had a very shallow relationship in the show, so the emotional groundwork isn't laid. On top of that, their aesthetic is conventional blond beauty, so nothing exotic pops out at my eye, or into my imagination.

I'd definitely be intrigued if you wrote a fic, which described all the experiences the women have shared in the past. You wouldn't even need to mention much about a physical aspect before my imagination would take over.

Pffft, I'm not suggesting it be CREDIBLE. ;O That takes all the fun out of it. Besides, it's hardly necessary for two characters to have a deep preexisting relationship for something to... happen.

In terms of building upon aspects already present, however, that does leave me still feeling extremely fond of both Alex/Alan and Vera/Alan. Mrf.

...Of course, I feel that I should clarify at this point, it's true that the relationships I describe more often than not have nothing to do with romance. At least not in a conventional sense, anyway. :3

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2007, 05:49:27 PM »

Pffft, I'm not suggesting it be CREDIBLE. ;O That takes all the fun out of it. Besides, it's hardly necessary for two characters to have a deep preexisting relationship for something to... happen.

No doubt in my mind about that. I mean it like this:

Two blonds? One with an affinity for the whip? You gotta use a little more imagination to hold my interest. Way too perfect, unless you flesh it out some.

...Of course, I feel that I should clarify at this point, it's true that the relationships I describe more often than not have nothing to do with romance. At least not in a conventional sense, anyway. :3

Roll Eyes Tongue
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 06:03:01 PM by R. Daniel Olk 01 » Logged

Xel
High Prosecutor

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2007, 11:42:52 PM »

Two blonds? One with an affinity for the whip? You gotta use a little more imagination to hold my interest. Way too perfect, unless you flesh it out some.

Well, there is the creepy mommy aspect of it...

The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2007, 12:05:33 AM »

Did it ever occur to anyone that the last scene of the show suggests that in the next iteration, Dorothy and Angel will be lovers before Roger meets them? (It is an anime, after all.)

While I agree with R. Daniel that Angel/Dorothy would be smoking hot, and while I could let my imagine run wild about what Angel's and Dorothy's conversation at Roger's really meant (after Roger rescues Dorothy from Alan). That whole "you don't like me/but I like you" thing... Oh, I better stop... This is just plain wrong...but thanks Xel. My boring day is now interesting. Smiley

Sorry, but although Angel and Dorothy share one frame at the end, they look like strangers waiting for a bus rather than a couple. The body language just isn't right... Sorry, Anebo, I know you wanted this to work out...

Dark-O/Baker: I feel bad for Angel, too. But then again, Dorothy's situation isn't great either. I used to compare Dorothy to Edward Scissorhands, but unlike Edward, she is "finished". Dr. Waynewright/Mr. Soldano, did the best they could. It's like an old computer game I remember, where if you died, the game attempted to "put you back together", but hinted that it couldn't restore you 100%.

That's R. Dorothy's situation - the late Dorothy Wayneright's memories, a "reset" personality (which is also a limited personality - the best her technology can provide), and a body that mostly resembles the human Dorothy (once again, as far her technology can provide), but with amazing strength and agility. She needs Roger to help her become less concerned with what's "missing" and just live. He's already dealing with "missing" memories.

I was rooting for Angel/Dastun big time, since Dan's first love interest died in Winter Night Phantom. Plus he had a conversation with her when he retrieved her gun. This would have only smoldered at first, but I'm thinking it would
have gotten real serious after that.

Yeah Angel/Vera wouldn't have worked because of the mom/child relationship... Ick...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 12:07:51 AM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
S.D.

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2007, 01:20:18 AM »

I stand by what I said earlier, which is that, thematically, Dorothy has been played up to be Roger's soul mate. And much more so than Angel. Roger ending up with Angel would contradict the most pivotal plot-moving/character-developing devices in the first season, which is Roger's relationship with Dorothy. This is fleshed out far more often than his relationship with Angel. Although the second season tries to develop Roger's relationship with Angel (and his chemistry with Dorothy simmers down a bit in some respects), even this seems to ultimately suggest Dorothy is the favorite for Roger's affections.

I don't think Roger bought the flowers for Angel. That idea doesn't make much sense, given how Angel was on the run and Roger was aware of this fact. It doesn't strike me as realistic Roger would go to the trouble of hunting Angel down just to give her a bouquet (not his style). It is much more commons ensical to assume they were meant for Dorothy. Maybe he got them because Dorothy almost getting hacked into little pieces by Alan Gabriel made him a little emotional for a day or two.

Heck, even Norman was trying to drive Dorothy and Roger together somewhat in the first season. The butler, for god's sake. I don't think this and other events aside can be contradicted by sending Roger and Angel off to the wedding altar.

All praise the WILL TO JOY! Existence is the WILL TO JOY . . . and nothing else! Whether it is the impulse toward life or the impulse toward death, or if one is happy or miserable . . . it makes no difference! It is the WILL TO JOY all the same.
Tifaria
Your Friendly Neighborhood Cynic

Your friendly neighborhood cynic

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2007, 08:34:25 AM »

Have I mentioned that I'm glad Big Finale is playing Vera in the RP?   Tongue 

I stand by what I said earlier, which is that, thematically, Dorothy has been played up to be Roger's soul mate. And much more so than Angel. Roger ending up with Angel would contradict the most pivotal plot-moving/character-developing devices in the first season, which is Roger's relationship with Dorothy. This is fleshed out far more often than his relationship with Angel. Although the second season tries to develop Roger's relationship with Angel (and his chemistry with Dorothy simmers down a bit in some respects), even this seems to ultimately suggest Dorothy is the favorite for Roger's affections.

I don't think Roger bought the flowers for Angel. That idea doesn't make much sense, given how Angel was on the run and Roger was aware of this fact. It doesn't strike me as realistic Roger would go to the trouble of hunting Angel down just to give her a bouquet (not his style). It is much more commons ensical to assume they were meant for Dorothy. Maybe he got them because Dorothy almost getting hacked into little pieces by Alan Gabriel made him a little emotional for a day or two.

Heck, even Norman was trying to drive Dorothy and Roger together somewhat in the first season. The butler, for god's sake. I don't think this and other events aside can be contradicted by sending Roger and Angel off to the wedding altar.

Ugh, I strongly dislike the phrase "soul mate".  To me that phrase is what's wrong with a lot of relationships today, but that's a rant for another day. 

Anyway.  I don't see why Roger would dump Angel the way he did and then run off to buy flowers for Dorothy.  Those flowers resembled Angel's bluebell, although were not exactly the same.  Why buy them for Dorothy?  Dorothy knows nothing of bluebells.  Besides, he had a rather guilty look on his face when Angel ran off.  He doesn't seem like the type to hurt a woman and not make it right again, even if that woman is not the one for him.  His sense of honor is too high.   

Besides, he DOES hunt Angel down after that, although the flowers never get to her.  When Dorothy relays Angel's message to Roger, he decides that the only thing to do is hear it from Angel herself.  He even says in his monologue that he is always chasing after people who have left, or something to that effect. 

I stand by the theory that Norman tried to shove them together because he knew Big-O needed an android.  I'm sure he noticed their attraction, but from a practical standpoint, they needed her anyway.  Roger and Dorothy's feelings for each other were a bonus. 

I'm not saying Roger and Angel will ever run off and get married.  Angel doesn't seem like the marrying type anyway.  What I am saying is that Angel is a big part of his life whether anyone likes it or not. 

I was rooting for Angel/Dastun big time, since Dan's first love interest died in Winter Night Phantom. Plus he had a conversation with her when he retrieved her gun. This would have only smoldered at first, but I'm thinking it would
have gotten real serious after that.

Angel/Dastun seems completely one-sided to me.  Dastun's obviously attracted to her-- he keeps going over her file and asking if she's been caught-- but I wonder if it's just because Angel vaguely resembles Sybil Rowan.  I can't see Angel being attracted to Dastun.  He's too old and gruff for her.  She wants the dashing knight in shining armor type a la Roger Smith. 
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2007, 02:00:58 PM »

Alright, now we got something goin' on here.

Wow, I think Tifaria has it down.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 02:04:33 PM by R. Daniel Olk 01 » Logged

Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2007, 03:57:37 AM »

what if roger went for vera.... or dastun.................................

Ninomiya sucks at dancing, but everything else is perfect...... Cheesy
Xel
High Prosecutor

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2007, 07:13:06 PM »

Roger/Dastun is actually reasonably popular on the Japanese end of the fandom. I think it's cute, in a very... manly way.

The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2007, 10:29:40 PM »

I actually thought that Angel's and Dastun's hatred for Paradigm Corp. would drive them together, especially after Dastun's resignation from the force. What's more interesting, the way Dastun resigned in disgust seems to parallel the way Roger resigned. (Oh, now I've got the Roger/Dastun fans all hot and bothered... Back! Back! Down!)

Roger/Dastun is actually reasonably popular on the Japanese end of the fandom. I think it's cute, in a very... manly way.

Vera/Roger would be all a ruse. Vera would manipulate (no pun intended) Roger to get the memories or Paradigm information she needed, and then take him out...and I don't mean on a date! Shocked After all, he's just another "Paradigm Dog" to her, and she's packing heat... Besides, him dating Angel's "mom" would ruin any chances of a Roger/Angel relationship blooming.

Roger/Dastun would certainly give new meaning to the term "good cop/bad cop"... Grin
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 10:32:08 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: