City of Amnesia
May 16, 2024, 11:24:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: PCF: Shattered Memories  (Read 29782 times)
Mike
soap

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 03:56:48 PM »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's about right.
I remember all of a sudden they were like "yeah we're married now."

And then there were all those people who couldn't accept the fact that a tv show with moderately successful ratings wasn't picked up for a 3rd season after the 2nd season devolved into a big pile of wtf.
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 08:46:09 PM »

Yeah, I even remember Tony's farewell message more or less being, "I'm to Mature for this forum so, lolz smell ya later."

« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 09:51:53 PM by Graham Aker » Logged

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2010, 09:13:58 PM »

Yeah, I even remember Tony's farewell message more or less being, "I'm to Mature of this forum so, lolz smell ya later."

whoa ok.
I wish the would redo the second season. they where going to get a thrid season, but 3 episodes before it ended the funders where like "yeah. no, we don't want this anymore." and they where like "omg one whole seasons worth into 3 episodes.... LET'S DO THIS!!!!"
and that's how Big O ended...

Shall I grant your wish?
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2010, 09:52:44 PM »

Yeah, I even remember Tony's farewell message more or less being, "I'm to Mature of this forum so, lolz smell ya later."

whoa ok.
I wish the would redo the second season. they where going to get a thrid season, but 3 episodes before it ended the funders where like "yeah. no, we don't want this anymore." and they where like "omg one whole seasons worth into 3 episodes.... LET'S DO THIS!!!!"

Actually, redoing the second season isn't a bad idea.

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 01:39:53 PM »

whoa ok.
If they do redo the second season they should give Roger his sense of humor back, he lost it in the second season.
Actually, redoing the second season isn't a bad idea.

Shall I grant your wish?
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2010, 06:52:35 PM »

Yeah, I even remember Tony's farewell message more or less being, "I'm to Mature for this forum so, lolz smell ya later."

Thats ringing a bell, yeah. People gradually went from the obligatory congradulations to "Wait...theres a COUPLE OF THINGS weird about this.." then to some outright questions, and then he went "UH GROW UP I HAVE TO..UH...BYE"

Redo? How...wait, same writer or different one?

If it's the same guy (cannot remember his name, Chiaki...Yu..Ya....something with a Y) then hell just give him the third season he supposedly had 'planned out'.

A totally different writer would probably just defeat the point...then again I remember we pretty recently had it out with me criticizing a hell of a lot of stuff from season 2 so maybe somebody else wouldn't be a half-bad idea.

Not that it'd ever happen anyway. But if such a thing did occur, they'd have to keep that sorta retro-future '40s/batman:the animated series look to the show though because I'll be honest that was always my favorite part of it.

Even now, for all I may retroactively nitpick or find fault with the plot. It had a really nice look to it.

And then there were all those people who couldn't accept the fact that a tv show with moderately successful ratings wasn't picked up for a 3rd season after the 2nd season devolved into a big pile of wtf.

Ever wonder how many hungry people those tomatoes that got mailed down to Atlanta could maybe have fed?

(Or did that ever even end up happening..how the hell did they plan the tomatoes to show up and NOT be smashed or rotted or..yeah by the time they shipped their mass quantity of symbolic produce to cartoon network, they'd just see a bunch of boxes filled with compost and go "Hahaha what.". I'm almost surprised this never got a derisive bump on there, since their bumps seem to love prodding the animu fan contingent.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 07:00:35 PM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
Mike
soap

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2010, 08:46:15 PM »

Ever wonder how many hungry people those tomatoes that got mailed down to Atlanta could maybe have fed?

(Or did that ever even end up happening..how the hell did they plan the tomatoes to show up and NOT be smashed or rotted or..yeah by the time they shipped their mass quantity of symbolic produce to cartoon network, they'd just see a bunch of boxes filled with compost and go "Hahaha what.". I'm almost surprised this never got a derisive bump on there, since their bumps seem to love prodding the animu fan contingent.)
If they actually did that, mailing tomatoes to Cartoon Network...it's like one level away from full-on, restraining order stalker.
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2010, 09:50:56 PM »

No, it never happened. Zola managed to accumulate ~$200 from the plan, though. She might still be holding the money, or it might have been transformed into reading light and shower water.

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2010, 02:14:12 PM »

it would just be a lot easier if someone went down to Atalanta, bought a few tomatoes and then went into the office of mike lazo and threw the tomatoes at him and called him an anime hater.
shortly followed by that person being thrown out of the building and getting arrested.

Honestly just go steal the 7' tall Big O in the building. No one there would miss it.

Shall I grant your wish?
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2010, 05:07:44 AM »

Nah I just wanna ask why Tim & Eric get three shows, but 12 oz mouse got canned

I mean, that got one webisode of a third season so there was probably a plan, unlike batma-I mean big o

(Seriously I just would like to know why "lol it looks like public access, like its on vhs" warrants continual funding. We get it, weird sounds and editing to make it look crummy, HAHAHAHAHAH-Hipsters are gonna destroy western civilization, I'm serious.)
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 01:13:51 PM »

For one, it's super cheap to produce (if they even pay those costs), especially compared to an animated show like The Big O. Plus, the ratings are probably comparable.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2010, 03:39:59 PM »

I would love to see what the ratings for Tim and Eric and it's various spin offs manage to draw, even on AS, I've hardly ever seen it make top 3, if at all.

EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2010, 03:26:12 PM »

They usually air a bump (black cards with white text) with the previous weeks top three shows. I can't say I remember ever seeing a Tim & Eric show making the list, but it's probably more about ratings per cost, rather than just ratings, but I don't work in television, so I could be completely off.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2010, 09:49:37 PM »

I would love to see what the ratings for Tim and Eric and it's various spin offs manage to draw, even on AS, I've hardly ever seen it make top 3, if at all.
Well AS has been known to "alter" their ratings, and in fact did so when Turner wanted to buy Code Geass and air it on AS. Turner did their own private investigation of the Anime ratings on AS, after they [AS] said it wasn't worth the ratings, and told them "You're putting this on the air".

So if people want to believe the Family Guy ratings and such that are publicly airing on AS bumpers... that's their own fault.

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2010, 12:54:54 PM »

They usually air a bump (black cards with white text) with the previous weeks top three shows. I can't say I remember ever seeing a Tim & Eric show making the list, but it's probably more about ratings per cost, rather than just ratings, but I don't work in television, so I could be completely off.
For Saturday, I typically see...what the hell do I see...Bleach...I don't even know what's on on Saturday anymore. Bebop's probably on there.

Family Guy and King of the Hill are always on there...
But I've never heard anyone say (and mean it) that they like Tim & Eric.

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: