City of Amnesia
May 18, 2024, 09:00:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiger and Bunny  (Read 19492 times)
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 09:41:28 PM »

Do we have to pay to stream?
No, the episodes are available on Hulu and VizAnime.com. I don't think having a Hulu Plus account gets you any added benefits.

Haven't yet watched episode 21, since Hulu's captions were fucked until sometime last night, and that kinda sapped all my motivation to catch up legally.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 12:01:19 PM »

Welp I'm only on episode 19. And I'm going to finish up till 21 today while at school. Aw college, learning at my own pace and free internet. What more do I need besides food?

I've been using hulu, but I was wondering about viz streaming. Sometimes with anime live streaming you have to pay $.99 to watch something.

Shall I grant your wish?
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 08:58:14 PM »

And bump.
I've been meaning to put what I think will happen in episode 23 for a week, but I've been too busy.

so in spoilers I'll tell you, if i could find the fucking spoiler button.

But I think I know what is going to happen, it's not too hard to figure out if you watch a ton of crime detective shows.

Shall I grant your wish?
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 03:27:06 PM »

It's amazingly well written. I mean, going into Ep 22, people were asking "what's Kotetsu gonna do?! What's his plan??" .... and well... typical Kotetsu. But even the little things like having him call out Antonio after all is said and done, that's great writing. I can't wait for ep 23 to come out today. So many theories as to how he's gonna get Barnaby back on his side, only one way to find out! Grin

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 07:26:08 PM »

I just wanted to post where I think a few of the characters base designs come from.
We all know about Cis, but what about bunny? Or blue rose or everyone else.

So I'm going to post some the characters and where I think some of them are from

First up bunny. Bunny base design Kinda reminds me of the Law Hero from Shin Megami Tensei. It's rather undeniable that bunny's base design come from him. As to the blonde hair and green eyes, no idea.

Blue rose reminds me of the typical Japanese super star. Like Hatsune Miku, but with super powers.

As I run across more characters that look similar I'll post. But I saw law hero about a week ago and couldn't deny they look alike. As you know the Japanese show love for other shows, games, what have you, by putting motifs in what they make.

Shall I grant your wish?
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 02:47:03 AM »

I don't think Barnaby has anything to do with Shin Megami Tensei. If anything he seems similar in design to the cool/troubled-past Gundam pilots like Lockon Stratos, or more likely just the perception of a very sure of himself Japanese young adult typically portrayed in Anime. I swear his costume design at the very least isn't awfully original, so pinpointing it as based on something seems irrelevant.

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 07:53:25 PM »

Did you read the law hero's profile? He was being used by god as a way to erase evil. While Barnaby wasn't being used by god, he was being used by someone with huge influence to destroy evil, or at least Marverks enemies. The similarity's are too many just to be coincidence. Law Hero also complains about being connected to chaos hero and the protagonist.

It's true the design isn't original, not by any means. But I think it's kinda funny how Keichi Sato borrows from his previous works or his favorite tv shows and video games.

Ya ever wondered why Roger looked like Bruce Wayne? It had more to do then just the Batman animators working on Big O.

Shall I grant your wish?
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 05:10:46 AM »

Tiger and Bunny is officially getting a dub. Viz mentioned that the dub is now is pre-production and Sunrise is involved in some capacity, so here's hoping for NYAV West. God, I'm so freakin' happy this isn't a Funi dub, because their work the last few years has been pretty weak with a few exceptions.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-10-16/tiger-and-bunny-tv-anime-to-get-english-dub

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 09:53:47 PM »

Heard about that. You can also know get your T and B swag on. Shirts, jackets, key chains and earrings have been released for the series.

Also if you want to wait till that stuff makes it to America you'll have to go to hot topic. They now have the rights to distribute t and b stuff.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 01:37:21 PM »

Tiger and Bunny is officially getting a dub. Viz mentioned that the dub is now is pre-production and Sunrise is involved in some capacity, so here's hoping for NYAV West.
Not surprised this is happening only that it took them so long to announce it. Seriously, show probably has the most mainstream appeal of any anime from that past couple seasons.

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 02:06:04 PM »

Tiger and Bunny is officially getting a dub. Viz mentioned that the dub is now is pre-production and Sunrise is involved in some capacity, so here's hoping for NYAV West.
Not surprised this is happening only that it took them so long to announce it. Seriously, show probably has the most mainstream appeal of any anime from that past couple seasons.

Indeed. I'm really hoping it takes off over here and can get some mainstream appeal. The U.S hasn't had a huge mainstream show since what, Bebop maybe a few of the shonen jump shows and a few more.

EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 07:16:28 PM »

Indeed. I'm really hoping it takes off over here and can get some mainstream appeal. The U.S hasn't had a huge mainstream show since what, Bebop maybe a few of the shonen jump shows and a few more.

I think Black Lagoon could have had a shot, if it weren't for Geneon's departure, but Bebop is probably the latest example.

Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2011, 02:33:33 PM »

So not only is T&B getting a dub at some point (Star Driver is only getting a DVD release in America, no dub?!) but it's also getting TWO MOVIES IN 2012.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-11-13/tiger-and-bunny-anime-gets-2-films-starting-in-2012

And the fandom rejoiced!

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2011, 10:27:58 PM »

Sweet. But doesn't it seem a bit early for a movie? Or will this just make the T&B show more popular?

I hope they start the second season before they make a movie. It would give more background for the movie to build on.

Shall I grant your wish?
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 10:40:21 PM »

So I heard the dub might be released by April this year. Looking forward to it. I just hope they dont make Kotetsu or Bunny to whiny. Or make them sound like kids... Anyone else think viz is way off the make labeling this a 6-12 your old boys show for American release when its a teen boys show in japan?

Shall I grant your wish?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: