City of Amnesia
May 18, 2024, 09:23:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: New Big O action figures (APRIL 2011 SRSLY)  (Read 34364 times)
The Ghost Of Ember
In ur maze, killin' ur pac-man

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 01:13:51 PM »

Hobbylink japan has a slightly better deal , but isn't allowing preorders yet.

Also: not sure how shipping stacks up between the two.

Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 04:42:12 PM »

on a side note.... "It will feature slide action Strike Piles on both arms to recreate its Sudden Impact move". Strike Piles = Pistons?

Personally, I'm looking here. I think it's one of the better prices out there.

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 01:05:08 AM »

A dramatic BUMP of this thread is needed if only to bring the glorious news to the table once again... again.

The Soul of Chougokin Big O model was a smashing success and reportedly sold out *everywhere*. There was a follow up expansion pack for the SoC Big O which featured O-Thunder arms/beams, hip anchor chains, alternate heads (1 re-sized and 1 w/o armor), and a mini Griffon car. That expansion pack is also sold out everywhere except for various Hong Kong "businesses" on eBay.

The SoC Big O sold for around $150 for the main figure which came with stand, working arm pistons (spring loaded/actuated), positionable hands and head, and missile party accessory. The limited edition expansion pack was about the same price. All parts are highly durable, joints have a superior degree of travel/motion compared to previous Big O models and the detail of the cockpit is exquisite.

~~~~~~

On the heels of the Soul of Chougokin release (roughly 2 years after the fact) MAX FACTORY apparently is finally pretty damn sure ALMOST 100% GOING TO HAPPEN release their Big O figure APRIL OF 2011. The model as shown by R.Smith on PCF back in 2005 and the front page of this very thread, is solid die-cast with embossed iron surface (as in it has the pitted cast-iron look Big O's plate armor should have) at an impressive 30cm and nearly 2 1/3 lbs. Reportedly being released with hip anchor chains and a mini Griffon car in the same box, it has shoulder cannons (but no missile party?) and working arm pistons similar to the SoC model. The price tag for the MAX Factory Big O is a whooping $460 not including shipping! OUCH!

There are two major "flaws" with the MAX Factory model that can be noticed before its official release. As noted before they haven't fixed the disproportionate end caps on the tops of the arm pistons making them look off-model. The second flaw is the sheer height of the finished model. The SoC Big O is the tallest Big O model on my shelf at 20.5 cm in height, which would mean the MAX Factory Big O will tower above every previous incarnation of the Big at nearly a foot in height. So posing this model next to already the only Big Duo model so far is impossible.

The only Big Duo... so far... and that's gonna change!

That's right! BIG DUO AND BIG FAU are also on the release schedule from MAX Factory as new images have cropped up of production models of Duo/Fau that weren't circulating in 2005/08. Along side this historical release of a truly accurate Big Duo and first-of-its-kind Big Fau, there will be a Figma model of R. Dorothy released as well. Pictures featuring a 2011 release date beside Duo and Fau bring hope that the fandom may finally have a presence in the mecha figure market. Will the difference in size, the never produced mechas (or limited in Duo's case), and "already in box" accessories make customers buy the MAX Factory figures despite being at triple the price of the Soul of Chougokin model? Or will the fandom have to wait for Bandai's SoC line to produce another Big O series mecha figure at a reasonable price?

Related Links:
http://www.hlj.com/product/MAX07007
http://www.figure.fm/post/en/23518/Max+Factory+BIG+FAU+BIG+DUO+figma+Dorothy.html
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 01:18:41 AM by Professor Vogler » Logged

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
paul1290

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 03:22:47 PM »

Is it just me or does it look like it has a bit of a smirk on its face?

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 08:03:42 PM »

nope. your right. it's smirking.
And hi, long time no see.

Shall I grant your wish?
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 07:17:50 PM »

And bumps.

Figma, who ever the hell they are, is releasing a Dorothy action figure with a base and a mop. She's movable too.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 09:29:31 PM »

The SoC Big O is the tallest Big O model on my shelf at 20.5 cm in height, which would mean the MAX Factory Big O will tower above every previous incarnation of the Big at nearly a foot in height.

Doesn't [adult swim] have a huge Big O statue in their lobby? So, "[almost] every previous incarnation."

I had the Chougokin pre-ordered. Really wish I hadn't had a cash flow issue right around then.

Yuko: Figmas are all about the doll joints.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 07:49:38 PM »

With regards to the big o statue in williams street's offices I know they've shown pictures of it, it makes sense they'd have one considering oh right they're why season 2 existed

...Damn I'm having flashbacks to the old forum again. All explaining/defending williams street. I feel like I should get a custom rank referring to this..or alternatively, adult swim should hire me as a consultant (hey remember when the internet was screaming at you for that gag about mis-airing stripes? I went to bat for you. You responded by canning 12 oz mouse and giving tim and eric money. YOU OWE ME..also for getting family guy back on the air, but you owe the country reparations there)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 07:55:58 PM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2011, 11:50:54 PM »

Small progress report. I believe Big O is already out, and the Dorothy Figma has gone on sale.

http://tomopop.com/max-factory-s-big-fau-now-open-for-pre-order-18283.phtml

Big Fau is slated for July. Big Duo I think is June? I can't recall ATM, I will update this post later with more reliable information. Either way both Duo and Fau seem to be solid cast figures. No joints or posing with these two... and for the outlandish price that Max Factory wants to sell them for, I don't know if anyone can afford them.

Fun Fact: At Tekkoshocon a few weeks ago I discovered why Max Factory has been able to have a Big O line of action figures on hiatus for so long without giving up the license. It seems according to Episode 1 + 2's credits that Max Factory is the company that made the concept models for the animators back in 1999. Did not realize the connection until then.

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 10:52:08 PM »

would buy them all if not for the fact that it would take every penny in my bank account plus selling blood plasma, organs to get them.

wheres the Dorothy figure at?

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2011, 12:04:56 PM »

Dorothy won't be out until June/July.

Here's a couple links.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2011, 05:15:14 PM »

Ill buy that. But not till the end of the month. Don't get paid till then.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 01:31:36 PM »

I'm happy with my "vintage" "Big O Mini Figure Set A" w/the Griffon, Dorothy-1, Norman and Dorothy (on the same base), and Big O. It was something like 6 bucks at a comic shop, and I thought "What? No love for Big O?!?", and opened my wallet. "Big O Mini Figure Set B" is out there, and was around 10 at one time, but got rare & pricey quick. It has "Attack Mode" Big O (looks like 1/3 into "Final Stage" tranformation), Big Duo (Non-Inferno), Schwarzwald, and Roger Smith.

They're 3", articulation is nill, but they're still so cool. I've kept "Set A" in box since looking for "Set B" (Not to worry, I eventually let my characters out to play... Grin)

I just can't justify buying SoC stuff, and I justify lots of purchases. I once bought the original Transformer Jetfire (a mostly-metal SDF Macross Valkyrie), but that was $20 (store closing), and I haven't bought anything that big since (even my Transformer Devastator knock-off is shorter, and all-plastic). I have some plastic glue/paint models of a Valkyrie (better-than-Jetfire articulation!), Mospeada Cyclone & Alpha (released as new versions of Gobots Cy-Kill and Leader-1), and the small lion combiner Voltron - all shorter than Jetfire. Even if you totalled all the money spent on everything here, it's still probably not even close to SoC money. However, as it stands, I could probably (and really should) create awesome robot fight scenes.
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2011, 10:17:16 PM »

I agree with you that the mini sets are awesome for such a (by comparison) simple plastic figure set. The Soul of Chougokin model... I'm not sure if it's still in production. But that price is NOTHING compared to the MaxFactory Big O price. Both my purchase of the SoC Big O and (if I had actually bought it) the expansion pack would have fit inside the Max Factory price with about another $100 to spare.

The only thing I'm considering right now is the Big Fau model. If I'm substantially pleased with it I may bleed myself and spend the money on Duo and (maaayyybbeee) Big O. For me, it's about having a complete set and supporting the franchise.... having Big Fau just makes it more awesome.

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Megadeus

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2011, 01:57:11 AM »

Has anyone seen these yet?

They are here: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=2030&category=5677

And yes, it's Megadeus from the Paradigm City forums if anyone remembers me. Shocked

[image/]https://picasaweb.google.com/102157803571346055421/MyDocuments?authkey=Gv1sRgCNKVzt6syaSpTQ#5622232641475167698[\image]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: