City of Amnesia
May 17, 2024, 04:06:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 54
  Print  
Author Topic: That Film You Bootlegged Recently, What Is It?  (Read 173618 times)
Randolf
I Am Not Alone

Live life.

« Reply #675 on: August 14, 2010, 07:23:19 PM »

By the end of Trinity Blood, Gunslinger was perhaps the only cool thing left. Because the final fight sucked so damn hard.

If they had given Gunslinger more scenes and character development-- and improved his aim-- he could have been the best thing on the show. Of course, this did not happen, and thusly are we inundated with numerous episodes of bizarre and halfhearted fail.

Godspeed, Tres-shimpu-sama. Long may you "pojitibu".

Sharp: If you read the official article, the Pope was 18. Which is somehow even funnier.

And episode 7: "Never Land" was so fucked up I fell out of my chair. So awesome.

Recently viewed: First episode of Ergo Proxy.

...someone will tell me who originally compared this to Big O, because I am going to tie them up and apply ludicrous amounts of fuzzy blue eyeliner to their hapless countenance.

This, however, has no bearing on my plans to continue watching the show later tonight.

edit: watched two more eps of EP. My brain feels like its roiling in a bed of barbed wire and industrial-strength glue. If I marinate in acetylene and light myself on fire, it still won't purge me of what I've seen. I must have more.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 09:35:44 PM by Randolf » Logged
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #676 on: August 15, 2010, 02:54:03 PM »

Dinner for Smucks (Hilarious)
The Other Guys (Funny, but Ferrell once again as lovable Ass hole wears thin fast)

Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #677 on: August 16, 2010, 02:26:10 PM »

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

I thought it was a pretty good movie. It was a bit video gamey, but that was part of the appeal to it. And there were Zelda noises. Also, any movie that puts the Universal music in 8-bit has to be at least decent.

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Randolf
I Am Not Alone

Live life.

« Reply #678 on: August 17, 2010, 04:42:51 PM »

Flashdance.

...okay, maybe I didn't actually watch it. But a certain fan of it in my vicinity watches it loudly enough that I feel like I did.
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #679 on: August 17, 2010, 06:40:35 PM »

The Roast of David Hasselhoff.

These comedy central roasts just plain suck, but this was easily the worst yet. It also didn't help that the Roast Master was unfunny shit head Seth MacFarland.

Randolf
I Am Not Alone

Live life.

« Reply #680 on: August 18, 2010, 06:48:40 AM »

Seth MacFarland.

...why would you do this to yourself?

Just... why, man?!
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #681 on: August 18, 2010, 09:36:47 AM »

Seth MacFarland.

Just... why, man?!

lol I'm a sucker for pain and boy was it painful.

EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #682 on: August 18, 2010, 10:27:42 PM »

I also saw this, but didn't think it was great. After reading the first two volumes of the comic, I don't really think I liked the actors they cast in the two lead roles for those characters. I think Scott should have been much goofier than awkward, as Cera so often acts.

Wiki: Trinity Blood
I never really got around to reading any of the novels myself.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Ace of Spades
"Gigolo Joe" (ref: Pimp Char)
Global Moderator

« Reply #683 on: August 19, 2010, 01:36:58 AM »

Just bootlegged Megas XLR, yeah I know it's not a movie but it's a classic.

Who's afraid of The Big Bad Wolf?
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #684 on: August 19, 2010, 04:54:57 AM »

Seth MacFarland.

Just... why, man?!

Seth Macfarlene getting paid to rib a '80s hack....

Western civilizations done. I wish everybody could go into a bunker..but nobodys got that money.

When the hipsters come for me howling "DUUUDE DO YOU REMEMBER (horseshit '80s or '90s thing)" optimallly I'll detonate some incendiary device that kills me and lights them aflame.

(If they bite you, you suddenly like michael cera movies)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 04:59:15 AM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #685 on: August 20, 2010, 09:56:33 PM »

I also saw this, but didn't think it was great. After reading the first two volumes of the comic, I don't really think I liked the actors they cast in the two lead roles for those characters. I think Scott should have been much goofier than awkward, as Cera so often acts.

Wiki: Trinity Blood
I never really got around to reading any of the novels myself.
And see, I have not read the Scott Pilgrim comics.

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Tifaria
Your Friendly Neighborhood Cynic

Your friendly neighborhood cynic

« Reply #686 on: August 21, 2010, 12:01:12 AM »

I greatly enjoyed Scott Pilgrim.  I don't understand the backlash against it or why everyone is associating it with hipsters, but maybe I'm misunderstanding what exactly a hipster is?  Whatever.  It was a fun movie, and I only read the comic in conjunction with seeing the movie, so I didn't really have any preconceived ideas about how well the actors fit the roles.  I thought the visuals were creative, the soundtrack was fun, and overall it was a really enjoyable movie watching experience for me.  I intend to see it again. 
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #687 on: August 21, 2010, 02:30:43 AM »

Scott Pilgrim V.S The World.

Pretty much a meh-a-thon. I mean I'm a video game nerd and I like anime but this movie didn't impress me much. It was just goofy and wacky anime and video game references one after another. And honestly, I'm glad it's bombing.

Edit: lol thanks for catching my goof Rand.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 05:20:51 AM by Graham Aker » Logged

Randolf
I Am Not Alone

Live life.

« Reply #688 on: August 21, 2010, 04:19:14 AM »

Scott Pilgrim V.S The Word.
Pilgrim are coming. Hide the religious bookses ohnoes.

I think the biggest fail of this film is the hackneyed attempt by westerners to capitalize on the success of Japanese cultural flair. Oh, sure. Now, if one simply likes anime and video games, and wishes to make public of this-- even in a movie!-- that's just fine. There's no problem with that.

But monkey see, monkey do. Monkey can't help himself. Monkey has issues. Monkey has pathological need to rip off what monkey see so monkey can do it too, only in a cruder and rather pathetic watered-down interpretation which passes for an equal of the original only to the feeblest of monkey minds.

Monkey must pay for his sins. Monkey must die.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 04:21:07 AM by Randolf » Logged
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #689 on: August 21, 2010, 09:28:19 AM »

And see, I have not read the Scott Pilgrim comics.

I hadn't read them myself, until after watching the film. There's a scene in the comic where Scott wins a fight with friendship, literally.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 54
  Print  

Jump to: