City of Amnesia
May 17, 2024, 06:35:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54
  Print  
Author Topic: That Film You Bootlegged Recently, What Is It?  (Read 173625 times)
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #705 on: October 26, 2010, 10:24:11 AM »

Jackass 3D
Evil Dead: The Musical

Both in the same day, both hilarious. EDTM was particularly awesome (okay, so not an actual movie).

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #706 on: October 26, 2010, 09:31:24 PM »

So I've been watching the code geass series, S1, and I'm finally at the point of saying WTF just happened!?

Seriously, this started out great and then turned into a war, must end all previous holds on humanity, anime series. Where is this going? I only have 2 episodes left, but I'm still lost.

Shall I grant your wish?
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #707 on: October 28, 2010, 05:18:36 PM »

So I've been watching the code geass series, S1, and I'm finally at the point of saying WTF just happened!?

Seriously, this started out great and then turned into a war, must end all previous holds on humanity, anime series. Where is this going? I only have 2 episodes left, but I'm still lost.

Isn't this the show where theres a bunch of product placement for Pizza Hut
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #708 on: October 28, 2010, 07:40:15 PM »

Isn't this the show where theres a bunch of product placement for Pizza Hut
Yup. The Japanese version was sponsored by Pizza Hut. But they refused to sponsor the English version.

Shall I grant your wish?
Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #709 on: November 03, 2010, 08:15:20 PM »

Watchmen. No, not for the first time, but I just bought it because I've been reading it.

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #710 on: November 04, 2010, 12:57:35 PM »

This was more of a trade: Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 1 (for Looney Tunes Spotlight Vol. 2...).

I also have a 3GP and WMV of "Falling Hare" from YouTube. (I got a legit copy, too.) Good thing, because it wasn't in the Golden Collection until Vol. 3, and not Spotlight Collection until Vol.7... It's the gremlin one... Nuff said...

Just watched: Batman: The Animated Series

Awesome cartoon... Sure the HARDAC arc was pure nightmare fuel for kiddies, but I'm still questioning why they replaced it with their tamer Batman & Robin
series. I mean it's FOX - aren't they supposed to be bolder than other networks (Married with Children, 24, X-Files, Family Guy, The Simpsons, In Living Color, MADtv)?!? WB's "The Batman" (rerunning on Boomerang) comes close to "Animated", but I still prefer the no-excuses approach of "Animated".

Six consecutive episodes of Big O: The Abridged Series.

I hate myself so much right now.

Seriously. Olympian fail.

Actually, I'm intrigued. I may have to check this out... I've seen a really bad fandub Transformers Beast Wars Neo (Optimus Primal's voice actor meerly made his voice deeper, and talked into his closed hands), so I might be able to tolerate an abridged Big O.

...of course you realize, this   means   war!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 12:59:16 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #711 on: November 22, 2010, 07:16:13 PM »

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows in IMAX

Much better film than I expected.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Char Aznable
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #712 on: November 22, 2010, 11:49:23 PM »

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows in IMAX

Much better film than I expected.
Eh. Saw it opening night. Wasn't bad, but it was lacking. The second half should be much much better.

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #713 on: November 28, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »

Harry Potter and the deathly Hallows.

Douby: I didn't mean to kill. Douby never kills. Maybe mame or seriously injure, but never kill.

Favorite quote from the movie.

Shall I grant your wish?
Char Aznable
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #714 on: November 30, 2010, 12:15:44 AM »

*look up. see Dobby unscrewing chandelier* lmao!

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #715 on: November 30, 2010, 11:49:48 AM »

*look up. see Dobby unscrewing chandelier* lmao!

Why did it take them so freaking long to notice he was there?! But yeah, that was one of the best scenes in the movie.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #716 on: December 01, 2010, 04:23:12 PM »

Our last NetFlix Disc was "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" live-action movie. Figures, the last one would be scratched badly... So, onto the Internet... It was a little grainy, but intelligible enough to "get" everything. Awesome movie. I mean the animated version was cool, too, but seeing everything "fleshed out" (though alot is CGI) was awesome to see.

Update 12/13/2010: I would've had a new post for the Game On! thread, but my DS went dead. (Darnit!) So, it went on the charger, I got on the laptop, found a bootleg, and now I can post here...  Smiley I watched the first 5 episodes of Transformers Prime (Darkness Rising, Parts 1-5)... Y'know, I agreed with one of the commenters - in some aspects, it's better than the films. The Peter Culllen/Frank Welker exchanges were awesome! Oh, and Steven Blum voices Starscream... Also, Ernie Hudson & Markie Post voice characters...

Update 12/16/2010: Wow... It's quiet here... Oh well... Tuesday, I put on Real Genius (actually legit, $5 bin - not to brag or anything) for me and Mrs. N. She was napping, and I thought I'd play a funny movie on the laptop. Not really her cup of tea, though, but I figured why waste an opportunity, and watched the rest. Good movie. Preceeded Revenge of the Nerds, but seems less "dated", more satirical, and more low key. So it's cooler and funnier in my opinion.

Mitch: What are you doing?
Chris Knight: Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Jordan: Are you going to take me home to meet your parents?
Mitch: No.
Jordan: Why? Are you ashamed of me?                                              
Mitch: No, them.
Jordan: Oh.

Last night, I stopped over a buddy's house to watch the original TRON (may be bootleg - he has many in his collection). I'll be checking out the new TRON flick on Saturday...

Update 12/20/2010: TRON Legacy was awesome. Good story, good characters, a few homages to the old film, and a mostly unpredictable plot. Plus, enough Daft Punk to clog an I/O channel (is Baker St. Irregular still checking in?). 3-D... Nah! Saw it 2-D, and it still rocked...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:26:20 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Char Aznable
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #717 on: December 22, 2010, 01:16:42 AM »

I too bought Real Genius for $5. Watch it all the time. Can pull many quotes from it.

Just got home from the new TRON movie. Saw it in 3D IMAX, which was a little dizzying at first. But the movie...it made me happy...and then there was Daft Punk...but...there are still notes left untouched...like TRON changing colors in the end...and other stuff I'll not mention right now...oh, and Olivia Wilde looking all nice and sexy in her skin tight outfit...

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #718 on: December 22, 2010, 03:00:10 AM »

So what I gather from that is the movie sucked, but the effects were good.

So pretty much, Avatar, except with Olivia Wilde in tight clothing instead of weird blue cat-people.
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #719 on: December 22, 2010, 09:30:43 AM »

So what I gather from that is the movie sucked, but the effects were good.

No, actually it didn't suck at all.  Just some loose ends...The special effects were cool, but downplayed. The only effect I didn't like was the dust clouds...Will say more later. Yeah, I wondered about TRON, too, but I think the color change is significant. Dillinger's son is also tough to figure out, but I suspect the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. There are many ways to interpret the ending. As far as music, there are like 20+ tracks on the soundtrack, intercut between symphony and Daft Punk, so you avoid DP's sometimes sonic monotony. I have to stress, there's really alot of unpredictability, and alot of stuff they didn't do the easy way.

So pretty much, Avatar, except with Olivia Wilde in tight clothing instead of weird blue cat-people.

Nah, more like part Terminator/part Escape to Witch Mountain/part Short Circuit/part Mummy and Mummy Returns, with a dash of The Matrix, a dash of Wargames (or an Asimov work), and a pinch of Hackers. You write "Olivia Wilde in tight clothing" as if it's an everyday occurrence for you. Is it an everyday occurence? If so, good job, man. Otherwise, please, more emphasis, man!  Cool If you're talking "Avatar" as in "The Last Airbender", there was genocide similar to that. However, neither Quorra or Sam are THE savior of TRON's world. There is no Kwisats Haderach here and no Chosen One. Even "the creator" of this world finds something surprising. There are no easy winners in a fight, and no grand battles. Cameron's "Avatar" was overhyped, and pretty much a sci-fi/mystical "Dances with Wolves". This movie was nothing like that...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:22:57 AM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54
  Print  

Jump to: