City of Amnesia
May 17, 2024, 06:35:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 54
  Print  
Author Topic: That Film You Bootlegged Recently, What Is It?  (Read 173625 times)
Mike
soap

« Reply #720 on: December 22, 2010, 04:59:53 PM »

I finally saw Inception, and holy crap, that movie kicked ass. My brother saw it in theaters, and thought it was overhyped crap. I strongly disagree with his assessment.
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #721 on: December 22, 2010, 05:41:46 PM »

Brrrmmm
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #722 on: December 22, 2010, 06:02:03 PM »

Imma see that Inception shit around New Years. Even without hearing all the praise: the premise, the writer/directors, and the little flashes I've seen in the trailers just make it an auto-win. A Flawless Victory, if you will.

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #723 on: December 23, 2010, 01:46:29 PM »

Narnia. I took my mom to the new Narnia film on the 20 for her B-day. Good film. But they makers invariably did screw up some stuff. They always do.

Shall I grant your wish?
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #724 on: December 26, 2010, 09:41:46 PM »

Anybody seen Natural Born Killers?

A script that Tarantino sold to Oliver Stone, from before Tarantino had earned enough reputation and money to do as he pleased. It's a terrifically violent, highly stylized, and high-concept social commentary movie that I'm sure most of the guys here would both love and understand. From 1993, around the time of the OJ trial.

Star Actors: Robert Downey Junior, Tommy Lee Jones, Rodney Dangerfield, to name a few.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 09:51:31 PM by R. Daniel 01 » Logged

The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #725 on: December 26, 2010, 10:56:05 PM »

I was sort of on the fence about Natural Born Killers...and that's after seeing Point Break (most of it), Oceans 11, and all the Robocop movies (even direct-to-video ones).

We took a chance on Little Fockers last Thursday, and turned out to be cool.
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #726 on: December 28, 2010, 03:04:54 PM »

I saw DUNE! Yes the sci-fi master piece everyone raves about. I must say I am a bit disappointed though. The way everyone talked about it I thought it would have a lot more action to it.

Also going to watch Back to the Future for the first time tonight with my mom. Apparently my mom is a sci-fi junkie like me.

Shall I grant your wish?
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #727 on: December 28, 2010, 08:49:14 PM »

Call of Cthulhu.

A silent film that looks like its from the '30s, but was released in 2005. It's available on hulu and is really good

Also the production teams apparently making another one, but made to resemble something from the '40s or '50s (or the titles on the trailer all looked like they'd be of that era)
Randolf
I Am Not Alone

Live life.

« Reply #728 on: December 28, 2010, 09:23:37 PM »

Call of Cthulhu.

A silent film that looks like its from the '30s, but was released in 2005. It's available on hulu and is really good

Also the production teams apparently making another one, but made to resemble something from the '40s or '50s (or the titles on the trailer all looked like they'd be of that era)
Holy hell, Sharp, is this for real? Because if it is, it'll finally give me a reason to go back to Hulu again.

I haven't watched anything on there since I finished Ergo Proxy, and that was like, months ago. Should probably go see a few eps of the old Outer Limits while I'm at it.
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #729 on: December 29, 2010, 11:39:44 AM »

Call of Cthulhu.

Holy hell, Sharp, is this for real? Because if it is, it'll finally give me a reason to go back to Hulu again.

I haven't watched anything on there since I finished Ergo Proxy, and that was like, months ago. Should probably go see a few eps of the old Outer Limits while I'm at it.

I may have to check out Call of Cthulhu... Wait, both this movie and Ergo Proxy are on Hulu?!? I may go check out some Ergo Proxy as well... Do they have old Twilight Zone as well as old Outer Limits?

I was bored, and couldn't think of anything to watch, so I Youtubed the "Bit" bit from the original TRON. Funny, very Disney-like scene...

Yuko, just wondering if you meant sci-fi masterpiece, as in your opinion (of course, several of us share that opinion...), or Sci-Fi masterpiece, as in the Sci-Fi Channel Miniseries "Dune". If you meant the miniseries, then yeah, it didn't really have alot of action. To see an "action" version of Dune (albeit less accurate, due to the weirding modules and other liberties taken with the story...) I would say see the 1984 film. Action, with FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper, Sting, and Captain Picard. How about that?
Randolf
I Am Not Alone

Live life.

« Reply #730 on: December 29, 2010, 01:10:03 PM »

As far as I know, the old Twilight Zone should be on there as well; I'm just about certain I saw it while I was browsing the old sci-fi listings, though I didn't watch any (yet). They've also got the new Outer Limits, though I can't say I'm a fan, personally (haven't really given it much of a chance, looked okayish from the one ep or so I saw a few years back).

And yeah, for what it's worth, they've got Ergo Proxy. Trinity Blood, too, which I've since seen all the way through. I think you'll need to register an account first, then both anime have a mature filter on them for guests (having an account let's you change that).
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #731 on: December 31, 2010, 01:52:20 AM »

Holy hell, Sharp, is this for real?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/195976/the-call-of-cthulhu

If it isn't, then I'm having some powerful and fun hallucinations.
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #732 on: December 31, 2010, 02:29:04 PM »

Watched Back to the future 2. Pretty good. But I have a hard time believing that Michel J Fox turned into a TV show host as an adult. Watching this movie series you'd think he'd do more movies in the Sci-Fi area.

Shall I grant your wish?
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #733 on: January 01, 2011, 02:29:30 AM »

Watching this movie series you'd think he'd do more movies in the Sci-Fi area.

Parkinsons disease is a bitch
Randolf
I Am Not Alone

Live life.

« Reply #734 on: January 01, 2011, 02:51:47 AM »

Yeah, but he got better, though.

I think, maybe I'm misremembering. I thought he had some brain surgery or therapy or something and started to get over it. Anyway, he's old now, and everyone remembers McFly so well I doubt he could do anything at his age without everybody comparing him to that role.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 54
  Print  

Jump to: