City of Amnesia
May 17, 2024, 05:45:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54
  Print  
Author Topic: That Film You Bootlegged Recently, What Is It?  (Read 173623 times)
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #750 on: June 06, 2011, 08:52:09 AM »

Inception.

Yeah I'm late, but going to see movies is expensive. So I just rent for free from the library.

Cool. Yeah, I agree they're expensive. We won $9 bucks in M&M movie cash (three of four tries), so that helped a little.

We finally rented Grownups over Memorial Day weekend. I tried to also rent The Last Airbender, but all the DVD's were out, and I can't yet rent Blu-Rays. Grownups was an OK film. All the characters were interesting, and it had a good story. We also used $6 M&M bucks to see the Hangover Pt.2. Eh, it had some funny stuff, but I think it was a little over the top this time. I mostly remember the shocking scenes over the funny ones.

I watched AI: Artificial Intelligence (is there an echo in here?) online this Thursday night. OK, why did they describe this as a fairy tale? Maybe it was partly-based on a fairy tale, but I found it to be a long, pretty, but sad film. Also, the ending was OK, but not so "happily ever after"... Fortunately, I then went on a late night field trip the next night to see the new X-Men movie. Supposedly, there are 2 inconsistencies, but I'll need to review the 3 old ones to recognize them. At least it cheered me up from AI.
Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #751 on: June 06, 2011, 05:15:31 PM »

Fast Five.

Not a bad movie. And it has Han. Apparently, Tokyo Drift comes after Fast Five sequentially.

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #752 on: June 07, 2011, 12:02:23 PM »

I watched AI: Artificial Intelligence (is there an echo in here?) online this Thursday night. OK, why did they describe this as a fairy tale? Maybe it was partly-based on a fairy tale, but I found it to be a long, pretty, but sad film. Also, the ending was OK, but not so "happily ever after"...

Traditional fairy tales aren't the happy stories we have now-a-days. I think the grandmother is eaten (not swallowed), and Red Riding Hood killed in the original version of "Little Red Riding Hood."

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #753 on: June 07, 2011, 04:32:06 PM »

Yeah most of them seemingly were "Whats a good way to make a cautionary fable for children? Tell them they'll get brutally slain by a woodland beast if they get out of line."
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #754 on: June 07, 2011, 10:36:56 PM »

Fast Five.

Not a bad movie. And it has Han. Apparently, Tokyo Drift comes after Fast Five sequentially.

Yeah, my brother-in-law was trying to explain the movie order, too. Not like it really matters, I've only seen the first so far.

Traditional fairy tales aren't the happy stories we have now-a-days. I think the grandmother is eaten (not swallowed), and Red Riding Hood killed in the original version of "Little Red Riding Hood."

If I recall correctly, yeah, the woodsman is the only survivor, but he still kills the wolf.

Yeah most of them seemingly were "Whats a good way to make a cautionary fable for children? Tell them they'll get brutally slain by a woodland beast if they get out of line."

Granted, they were the original "urban legends", but I don't expect average people to know that. Therefore, when a movie is hyped to the mainstream as AI was, I would assume they were talking about the "happy ending fairy tales" from most people's childhood. I guess as a cautionary story to the audience though ("what we shouldn't do..."), it works.
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #755 on: June 08, 2011, 07:25:36 PM »

THOR. Like two weeks ago. But still fun.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #756 on: June 17, 2011, 02:33:41 PM »

This ring of mine glows with an AWESOME POWER! Oh wait...that's not the oath...

Yes, I saw it... Green Lantern! However, not until after seeing Bridesmaids (OK movie) with Mrs. Negotiator... Kind of a strange 2-movie marathon after mid-day doctor appointments which ran over. However, Mrs. N and I had planned our movie date before I heard about the free screening passes.

Yeah, GL was free, and Bridesmaids was discounted, which was good anyhow, but especially good since I needed to buy dinner in the theater. Looking online, Bridemaids was showing 2:55 PM (which we missed) & 5:10 PM at the nearest theater. Being 2 hrs, it looked like I would miss GL, since one doesn't usually get into a free 7:30 PM showing by entering the line at 7:10 PM. Then we got there early...and there was a 4:25 PM showing?!? Awesome! I still barely found a seat at 6:25 PM (we wisely drove separately, so she could go home - she isn't really a GL fan). I saw it though, and they had it in 3-D, which...was...OK, it worked for this one.

Hey, I almost forgot - last Sunday my niece wanted to see Star Wars: A New Hope, so my brother-in-law (not her dad, her uncle) brought it. She behaved the whole visit, and got a SW figure from my sister and BoL (her aunt and uncle). However, she needed to brush her teeth, so I promised a suprise if she did. It was - The Millenium Falcon. My BoL knew about my miniature Falcon,  but not about the large, figure-holding one. She brushed her teeth, then both neice and uncle were utterly floored... Fun time...
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #757 on: June 17, 2011, 05:44:50 PM »

Your niece is pretty young isn't she?

going to watch Matirx Reloaded tonite. I know I'm years behind, but I'm better then my sister. She thought there where 7 Matrix movies...... IDK how she manages that.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #758 on: June 19, 2011, 12:16:19 AM »

going to watch Matirx Reloaded tonite. I know I'm years behind, but I'm better then my sister. She thought there where 7 Matrix movies...... IDK how she manages that.

Maybe she was thinking of The Animatrix? Maybe?

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #759 on: June 20, 2011, 11:41:56 AM »

I don't know. Isn't the animatrix more of a sequel or off shot to the series?

Watched Falling skies last night. It's a new sci-fi show about aliens invading and only taking the kids captive. Love it.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #760 on: June 20, 2011, 03:22:52 PM »

I think only one of the stories was directly related to the events of the films, and the two-part "Second Renaissance" gave some backstory about the war between man and machine. They're all shorts, though...

Ace of Spades
"Gigolo Joe" (ref: Pimp Char)
Global Moderator

« Reply #761 on: June 20, 2011, 11:03:10 PM »

Wizards

Who's afraid of The Big Bad Wolf?
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #762 on: June 25, 2011, 02:47:25 PM »

X-Men first class. I loved it. And my mom had free tickets, and she liked it. My mom didn't think she would like a comic book turned into a movie. She thought it would be too cartoony. But she liked it. So I've convinced her to go to the eventual squeal.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #763 on: June 29, 2011, 10:57:55 PM »

Yesterday at 9PM, I went on my next movie "field trip"...to see Transformer's: Dark of the Moon. Sadly, only 6 of us could make it to this showing. Yes...I did like it. No, I won't talk about it...yet...  Cool Have a good night guys...
Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #764 on: July 20, 2011, 05:19:41 PM »

New Transformers movie. It has Leonard Nimoy. This made me happy.
Harry Potter. Not bad. The book epilogue was unnecessary and...only done okay.
Tron. The original.
Tron Legacy.

I got both Tron movies for my birthday...which is tomorrow, but my grandmother is going out of town, so I got my present from her yesterday.

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54
  Print  

Jump to: