City of Amnesia
May 17, 2024, 06:35:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54
  Print  
Author Topic: That Film You Bootlegged Recently, What Is It?  (Read 173625 times)
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #765 on: July 20, 2011, 06:54:22 PM »

Nice.
Saw Harry potter as well. Why did they split the book into two movies if they where just going to mess it up anyway?

Shall I grant your wish?
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #766 on: August 14, 2011, 02:14:10 PM »

Captain America.

Good times, good times. Probably the best super hero movie thus far. Plus it also has this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE1YL0WVh1Y&feature=related

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #767 on: August 15, 2011, 11:41:08 AM »

Was it really good? Marvel movies tend to be, but since Disney bought them out I'm a little suspicious.

Anyway Princess Bride. I kept hearing people make references to it and it seems to be a meme, so I watched it. It's actually kinda good considering it was made in the 80's and not all the linear.

Shall I grant your wish?
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #768 on: August 15, 2011, 02:42:27 PM »

Was it really good? Marvel movies tend to be, but since Disney bought them out I'm a little suspicious.

Anyway Princess Bride. I kept hearing people make references to it and it seems to be a meme, so I watched it. It's actually kinda good considering it was made in the 80's and not all the linear.

Yeah. Was very enjoyable. Plus it had a trailer for The Avengers, so that was also pretty awesome.

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #769 on: August 16, 2011, 05:47:38 PM »

ohh. Must go see then.

As of now though I am watching more Tiger and Bunny. Finally on episode 16. 15 is sad. Why?, just why?

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #770 on: August 16, 2011, 06:48:28 PM »

30:Minutes or Less

It amused me for about an hour and a half, which is all I expected.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #771 on: August 18, 2011, 01:28:57 AM »

Yeah. Was very enjoyable. Plus it had a trailer for The Avengers, so that was also pretty awesome.

Yeah but avengers is being written/directed by joss whedon, and everytime he botches a movie he just accuses people of screwing with his "vision" when he's probably just not that good anyway

Trust me if it turns out bad, within 3 days he'll be all over the intertubes screaming "THE STUDIO MESSED WITH IT, I'M STILL GOOD"
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 01:30:52 AM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #772 on: August 24, 2011, 09:36:50 AM »

New Transformers movie. It has Leonard Nimoy. This made me happy.
Harry Potter. Not bad. The book epilogue was unnecessary and...only done okay.
Tron. The original.
Tron Legacy.

I got both Tron movies for my birthday...which is tomorrow, but my grandmother is going out of town, so I got my present from her yesterday.

Yeah, I liked the Leonard Nimoy's character, as well as Alan Tudyk's character. I also liked the plot twists in this one...

Yeah, I had a couple gift cards to burn, so I got both TRON movies, too. I was surprised to not find much promotional stuff in the cases. When I bought the "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace" VHS boxed set, many moons ago, I got a booklet full of all kinds of coupons, a concept art book, and some framed movie cells. Maybe it's just because they were DVD's instead of Blu-Rays?

A couple weekends ago, I saw a good chunk of the 1st half of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but it was during a family visit, and majority rules, so Harry wasn't on for long.

I'm 2 movies behind on my Avengers, since they came out one after the other (although I'm current on my DC, since seeing Green Lantern). Maybe I'll find Thor at the 2nd-run cinema near my house?

"My name is Inigo Montoya...You killed my father...Prepare to die..." Yeah, it's pretty much a meme. I just re-saw Real Genius on TV at a friends house (only PG, so not butchered for TV). I think it's also a meme.

In other news, I can't seem to locate my copy of Star Trek: Nemesis. My sister and my brother in law are itching to tell me about it. I saw ST: Insurrection a while ago, and thought it was just OK. ST: First Contact was better, though. I looked for Nemesis online, but no dice. I'll see if it's still rented...
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #773 on: August 26, 2011, 05:36:11 PM »

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Bit disappointing; guess I shouldn't have gone in expecting Pan's Labyrinth-level.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #774 on: September 13, 2011, 08:46:04 AM »

Back on August 29th (sorry I don't write more often), we saw "The Help" (Ticket discount? All right!). Unfortunately, I forgot, with school in, and Mrs. Negotiator having to get up at 5:00 AM, and that usually makes her fall sleepy by about 9:00-10:00 PM most nights. So it was with the evening of the 29th... D'oh! Sad So, we went and saw on Labor Day again. I didn't mind, though. It's not too girly, and except for the parts that make you sad or angry, there was some humorous stuff. Being an almost Anthropology minor (one college class short...I had to settle for Comp. Sci. major/Math minor), I also liked that the book was from the point of view of the help, and that the writer was going to be objective about what was discussed in the book. After all, one key to being a good anthropologist is not being ethnocentric.

We also got some free Blockbuster kiosk codes from some Boston Market dinners, so I rented X-Men Origins: Wolverine. (Around here, purchases after 5 PM earn codes. Yesterday, we almost earned another, but unfortunately, our order was rung up at 4:55 PM. Those are the breaks, I guess...)
Anyhow, it was a cool movie, and Ryan Reynolds' character was awesome. Though the movie took a strange turn near the end, and even though there is glaring inconsistency with X-Men: First Class, I liked it alot. We also rented Letters To Juliet for free. Italy and Amanda Seyfried? OK, I'll check it out.  Smiley Really though, it's cool, and since I'm Italian, I enjoyed seeing Italy, even if it's only on film.

Although it isn't really a film, per se, I did see LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace over at my brother-in-law's house, and it was cool.

Finally, I located a copy of Star Trek: Nemesis...at the local library. OK, so it's full screen instead of wide screen - I saw alot of full screen movie before I saw wide screen ones. In fact, I saw alot of VHS & movie-channel free promo movies before DVD's (mostly full screen  Grin), and I'll probably have watched several DVD's before I watch Blu-Ray's.
Wingnut

« Reply #775 on: September 13, 2011, 09:20:45 AM »

First Contact is no doubt the best of the Next Gen Trek films, and some would say the best movie of the franchise. I have to agree with them.

The three most hated words in television: To Be Continued...
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #776 on: September 14, 2011, 07:13:21 PM »

I think I've seen first contact before. Is that the one where they meet the borg?

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #777 on: September 21, 2011, 01:48:01 AM »

Sorry to post this so early in the morning, and a week late, but my free time has really been limited over the last month. Plus, I find that a good nap after work helps me to keep things in balance...at least that's what I keep telling myself... I finally watched Nemesis last week. It took two nights, since I started watching it so late first night.

First Contact is no doubt the best of the Next Gen Trek films, and some would say the best movie of the franchise. I have to agree with them.

After now seeing Nemesis, and now having seen every Star Trek film made so far, I would have to agree. However, this was still a good film. Unfortunately, my previous search for an online stream of it presented one spoiler to me (sort of, I had scene vague references to it elsewhere...), but it was still very entertaining. I kind of wish some of the deleted scenes had been kept, but I enjoyed what was there. Good characters and story...

I think I've seen first contact before. Is that the one where they meet the borg?

Yes, and Zefram Cochrane, the inventor of warp drive technology, as well! Actually, it's the first time they've "met" them in a movie. they've "met" the Borg before, but, next to Picard's "Locutus" experience, this film was another poignant encounter with the Borg. Fans, Trekkies and mainstream, talk about First Contact in The Next Generation the same way they talk about The Wrath of Khan in the original cast films...

Apparently, it was a good time to see this film, as it was announced very recently about J.J. Abrams signing on for the next Star Trek sequel. Best guess is it will be released sometime in Summer 2013. Yeah, that long... I guess I'll have enough time to review the other movies. Oh well, off to bed...
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #778 on: September 21, 2011, 06:21:37 PM »

He signed for it last year. It's tentative title is "Wrath of Klingons". Supposed to come out Q2 next year I think.

I saw life, because no one would pirate that shiz.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #779 on: October 06, 2011, 04:15:40 PM »

Star Trek 2 must have been delayed because, according to Abrams on Sept. 15, this year, it's only moving ahead now. There has been some speculation about whether the upcoming GIJoe sequel will steal Star Trek's release date of Q2 next year, forcing it to come out in 2013? No, I hope not. Hopefully, this is just some grumpy fan rumors...

OK, I think it was a couple weekends ago (I probably blocked out the date, due to trauma) we rented "Land of the Lost". Y'know, we both gave it an honest chance - the previews looked OK, with Will Ferrell acting silly, but no more silly than usual. We even gave it the benefit of the doubt, and watched it all the way through. The only pros I remember is Enik now actually speaks, and the dinosaurs look more realistic - thanks to CGI and "Holly" was also cool. Other than that, I couldn't find anything else to like here. Sorry...

OK, around a week ago, our video store sent us a free rental coupon, since we haven't visited in a while. Our neighbor also got one, and was about to throw it out, but then gave it to my wife. So with "our" coupon, we rented Just Go With It, with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston pretending to be married. OK, I think a couple gags missed the mark, but for the most part OK. Now I've got until Oct. 7th to rent something on the "neighbor's" coupon, and I'm opting for "Thor", if I can find it.

Hey, free movies, it's like legal bootlegging...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 04:20:25 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54
  Print  

Jump to: