City of Amnesia
May 17, 2024, 07:00:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 54
  Print  
Author Topic: That Film You Bootlegged Recently, What Is It?  (Read 173630 times)
D
as Satan

« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2007, 02:56:24 PM »

I saw...I estimate 1/4 of A Hard Day's Night before the overwhelming fatigue I had forced me to retire.

He's very clean.

Citizen Nine
The Hustlin' Neo-Realist

« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2007, 05:10:15 PM »

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)
Peace.

All this guerrilla warfare in Arabia is cutting into my drinking...
:: Cuaron, Coppola, Hitchcock, Kazan, Kubrick, Kurosawa, Lean, Scorsese, Welles, Wilder ::
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2007, 09:12:15 PM »

The Kingdom(2007)
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2007, 09:46:10 PM »

The Kingdom(2007)

Ooh, how was that?

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2007, 11:52:42 PM »

To be entirely clear, I really had no idea just what in the hell to expect when I first heard about this movie. I couldn't tell if it was supposed to by syriana 2 or miami vice with saudis.

What I suppose I mean, is this movie could have gone horribly wrong very easily. It easily could have just degenerated into a string of gunfights loosely connected by platitudes about "the real price of oil", or it could have gone the opposite route and become dour looking people in dimly lit rooms bickering with one another about the same subject.

Instead, the oil aspect is just covered in the opening and provides context. The remainder of the movie is basically a straightforward, well written thriller. The more action centric scenes are logical and don't just suddenly leap out of nowhere while adding nothing.

Acting wise it's pretty much what you'd expect. Jamie Foxx is good, Jennifer Garner should never have made it past that ABC show where she wore various wigs. Jeremy Piven plays the exact same character he's played in everything he's ever been in. The remainder of the cast is good, particularly the Saudi equivalent of and ad hoc "partner" to Jamie Foxx's character.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 12:39:11 AM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
The Baker St. Irregular
ROCK. ROBOT ROCK.

« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2007, 09:52:30 PM »

Wes Anderson - Hotel Chevalier

I want to see The Darjeeling Limited...  Tongue

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2007, 10:08:18 PM »

What I suppose I mean, is this movie could have gone horribly wrong very easily. It easily could have just degenerated into a string of gunfights loosely connected by platitudes about "the real price of oil", or it could have gone the opposite route and become dour looking people in dimly lit rooms bickering with one another about the same subject.

Instead, the oil aspect is just covered in the opening and provides context. The remainder of the movie is basically a straightforward, well written thriller. The more action centric scenes are logical and don't just suddenly leap out of nowhere while adding nothing.

Cool! Sounds like a watch.

Yeah, something about Garner is obnoxious. Her lips and eyes are too big for the rest of her face. That and the fact that she always plays a superheroine or tough girl, as opposed to a regular person.

Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2007, 11:16:13 PM »

I finally watched the day after tomorrow, on t.v. Honeslty, who watches the extras on these dvds? Huh

Ninomiya sucks at dancing, but everything else is perfect...... Cheesy
Citizen Nine
The Hustlin' Neo-Realist

« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2007, 12:12:15 PM »

The funny thing is everyone on the Internet is watching or has watched that by now.

lolnatalieportman'sbareass

Also, it was alright and I'm not that big on Anderson myself.

Jennifer Garner should never have made it past that ABC show where she wore various wigs.
Somethin' so lol. So The Kingdom is alright, Sharpie? Yeah from what I heard, its suppose to be a straight up action piece reflecting our times but not to pound the message over the head with an "important message".

Have you heard about George Clooney's Michael Clayton by any chance? And I really want to watch the new Jesse James picture.

Honeslty, who watches the extras on these dvds? Huh
Um... I do. I'm actually surprised as how many people don't watch the extras. You get another point of view of the movie from those who actually made it, what the movie means in its actual terms and how some of the shots and production was actually made.

"Honeslty", I can't watch a DVD without watching the special features.

lolfuturebestdirector

And surprisingly, I haven't watched any pictures lately. >_<
Peace.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 12:14:32 PM by Citizen Nine » Logged

:: Cuaron, Coppola, Hitchcock, Kazan, Kubrick, Kurosawa, Lean, Scorsese, Welles, Wilder ::
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2007, 10:40:57 PM »

Have you heard about George Clooney's Michael Clayton by any chance?

I've seen the trailer yeah

Honeslty, who watches the extras on these dvds?

Who watches "the day after tomorrow" is my question.

(I made it up to the part with the CGI wolves,and decided that I'd pretty much seen as much as was necessary)
The Baker St. Irregular
ROCK. ROBOT ROCK.

« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2007, 10:56:35 PM »

The funny thing is everyone on the Internet is watching or has watched that by now.

lolnatalieportman'sbareass

Also, it was alright and I'm not that big on Anderson myself.

He's weeeeeiiiiiiirrrrrrrd, to say the least.  Tongue

P.S. - Hi, Nine! Miss me much?

Citizen Nine
The Hustlin' Neo-Realist

« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2007, 09:35:50 AM »

Honeslty, who watches the extras on these dvds?

Who watches "the day after tomorrow" is my question.

(I made it up to the part with the CGI wolves,and decided that I'd pretty much seen as much as was necessary)
This is the underlying question, yes. You didn't miss much after that Sharpie, but the wolves... that was pretty bad yeah.

And you and your trailers, but Clooney's getting some damn good reviews and it plays a part of 1970's paranoia, which you and I know like the back of each other's hand... because its the same hand and all.

...lolsameperson.
Peace.

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2007, 04:51:18 PM »

Yeah the more I hear about it, it actually dosen't sound bad.

The trailers though, all they are is "SHADY CRAP INVOLVING A LEGAL FIRM, ALSO A CAR EXPLODING". Which I thought was the plot to the firm, except I forget if a car blew up in that.
DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2007, 02:44:25 AM »

I watched the recent animated feature from Lionsgate, Doctor Strange. While it wasn't exactly bad, it wasn't great. If I had to score it, I'd give it a 75%, maybe a little higher. Not excessive suck, but the movie was too slow for a animated movie based off a comic book, and having almost all the summarized action take place in the last ten minutes was not cool.
War.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2007, 06:42:31 PM »

the extras on the dvd riun somethings for me...

I'm going to binge on rated R movies when i turn 17. any recomendations?(sp?)

Ninomiya sucks at dancing, but everything else is perfect...... Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 54
  Print  

Jump to: