City of Amnesia
May 17, 2024, 05:36:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 54
  Print  
Author Topic: That Film You Bootlegged Recently, What Is It?  (Read 173621 times)
Mike
soap

« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2008, 12:49:40 AM »

Cloverfield was pwn to the power of awesome.
But everyone else in the theater was saying "that was bullshit"
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2008, 12:06:37 AM »

Cloverfield was pwn to the power of awesome.

I must see this movie, which I plan on doing soon I hope.

I watched the Japanese version of the ring, and I must say, the US really needs to stop making remakes, the originals are just as bad, yeah, I said it.

Hobo
The Pan

Peter Banning

« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2008, 02:28:53 AM »

Cloverfield was indeed awesome.

The stuff after the credits, not so much.

Have to fight.
Have to fly.

Have to crow.
Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2008, 02:51:19 PM »

honestly, how were you guys dragged into seeing that? you have absolutley no idea what is going on!!!!

i watched disturbia again last night. cracked up again.... not a scary movie. wasn't it supposed to be?

the cat returns is a really old movie. and has been on dvd for ever... they showed it at a film festival? =/
sorry, i'm questioning the film festival, not you Burt...

Ninomiya sucks at dancing, but everything else is perfect...... Cheesy
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2008, 05:55:01 PM »

I think Disney released "The Cat Returns" to DVD for R1 sometime last year.

And I don't believe the "Cloverfield was good" remarks. >_>

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Xel
High Prosecutor

« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2008, 01:36:26 AM »

I saw Cloverfield tonight. It's pretty darn good. However, I am apparently one of the unfortunate few who Cannot ____ing Handle prolonged disorienting visual stimuli. I've been on the verge of throwing up since I got out. Four hours ago. I got a headache early on, then got a little dizzy, then my stomach started to hurt a bit, and then I started BURPING and I was like, "oh. oh no." Aaaand then I started to taste bile. But I said to myself, "look, I am NOT going to be that person who throws up in this theater." So I didn't. Still, not fun. Not fun at all.

Still, though... it kind of added to the experience...

[EDIT:] Whaaaat, there's a naughtyword filter now? Since when? D: Was that really always there? OBJECTION!

DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2008, 02:15:40 AM »

Yeah, there's a mother____ing 'naughty word' filter. Goddamn pieces of ____ who can't handle a ____ing few bad words.
War.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
Mike
soap

« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2008, 11:48:56 AM »

wait, I know that I've said shit without it being bleeped.

Anyway, yeah I got a little nauseous from Cloverfield, too. Which was really weird because that's never happened to me from a movie before.

NOT THAT BIG OF A SPOILER ALERT

-----------------------------

-----------------------------

there was one thing that bothered me about it, and you'd probably have to live in/near NYC to even notice it:
When they're all on the roof, looking at the omgwtf happened, the view makes it seem like the party was in Brooklyn, it was a nice panoramic shot of lower Manhattan. But when they get outside, they're in the middle of lower Manhattan. That bugged me a little.
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2008, 12:47:34 PM »

Forget ya Cloverfields. You need to visit The Orphanage.

It's really well directed, with some crushing irony, and damn, damn it's scary. Like "staying up in bed for an extra hour, talking about the movie because you're both freaked" scary. With this, Shyamalan doesn't even compare to Del Toro.

I haven't seen Pan's Labyrinth, but according to my gf, The Orphanage was even better than that.

Hobo
The Pan

Peter Banning

« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2008, 11:59:39 PM »

Got back from a campus showing of "We Own the Night".

As per tradition, it was an early take or something, so it was too tall, cutting off almost all subtitles for the Russian throughout, and boom mics were prevalent.  Also, it didn't have the opening credits.   Things that JMU's theater does oddly aside, quality movie, sad, emotional, and though the protagonist does some really stupid stuff near the end, still fairly easy to suspend the disbelief.

Have to fight.
Have to fly.

Have to crow.
Mike
soap

« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2008, 03:42:10 PM »

Shoot 'Em Up was just about the most implausible movie I've ever seen.
But it still kicked ass.
Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2008, 08:08:19 PM »

R. Daniel, do you live near palm springs?

I was re-watching the da vinci code with my dad, and i realized thar my hair is the same as Sophie's...

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2008, 01:57:22 AM »

R. Daniel, do you live near palm springs?

I was re-watching the da vinci code with my dad, and i realized thar my hair is the same as Sophie's...

hahaha, nah couldn't be further from the truth. I'll send a PM, though you can learn my location by finding a certain thread in the forum.

I felt that The Da Vinci Code was a book with interesting substance but poor style, and the movie was the same.

Just finished watching the 1957 classic, The Seventh Seal. Pretty profound. Pretty damn good. It's definitely going in my collection.

Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2008, 07:02:03 PM »

oh, i got the pm, but i had no i dea what you were talking about... there was recently a very big-to-do film fest in palm springs that had the orphanage as a major go-see

if you think about it, the davinci code actually makes no sense... I am a catholic, and have never felt that they tried to take away christs humanity. the only thing that did make sense was that jesus was a jew, which makes it reasonable that he should have married. I need a jewish person to explain that more thoroughly to me, however...

i saw mean girls on tv.
L O L

6moondance
Project Members

« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2008, 02:29:34 PM »

I went to see Young Frankenstein last Saturday!!!  Truly excellent.    Even though I knew all of the punchlines, I still laughed my head off.  Roger Bart (Carmen Ghia in The Producers) was a little weak as Dr. Frankenstein, but Andrea Martin was great as Frau Blucher and Megan Mullally, who played Elizabeth was amazing.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 54
  Print  

Jump to: