City of Amnesia
May 17, 2024, 04:35:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 54
  Print  
Author Topic: That Film You Bootlegged Recently, What Is It?  (Read 173619 times)
Zaune

« Reply #210 on: May 22, 2008, 06:24:42 AM »

Doomsday was... Well, imagine the kind of lame cyberpunk-lite that children's television companies fell in love with in the 1980s given a film treatment by the kind of director who thinks that exaggerated, not very convincing death and mutilation scenes are a bigger selling point than plot and character development. I want that two hours of my life back.
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2008, 04:31:16 PM »

The first live-action Death Note movie last night; 'twas awesome in a cheesy sorta way.

Except for Ryuk, who was simply awesome.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Zaune

« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2008, 02:03:18 PM »

Well, I've now seen Iron Man, and was just a little disappointed; I can see they were trying to paint Tony Stark as a complex and flawed character, maybe even the world's first high-functioning autistic superhero, but he actually just came across as a self-centred jerk for most of the picture.
Big Money
Supergreen

« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2008, 02:18:26 PM »

he actually just came across as a self-centred jerk for most of the picture.

I thought that was the point, yeah.

What's wrong with you? What you screamin' for?
BZZZZ!
Hobo
The Pan

Peter Banning

« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2008, 04:09:28 PM »

he actually just came across as a self-centred jerk for most of the picture.

Yeah.

He's also a drunk playboy.

Which is why people love him.

Have to fight.
Have to fly.

Have to crow.
Zaune

« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2008, 07:16:04 PM »

*shrug* Maybe it's just me, then, but he just grated on my nerves almost the whole way through the film. Ah, well, I'm sure the ever-present threat of Col. Fury's boot up his arse will let some of the air out of Stark's ego in time for the Avengers film.
Big Money
Supergreen

« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2008, 07:48:39 PM »

*shrug* Maybe it's just me, then, but he just grated on my nerves almost the whole way through the film. Ah, well, I'm sure the ever-present threat of Col. Fury's boot up his arse will let some of the air out of Stark's ego in time for the Avengers film.

Maybe, but probably not in time for Iron Man II.

BZZZZ!
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2008, 10:56:49 PM »

Iron Man definitely was good, and same goes for Crystal Skull.

Quote from: Big Money
Indiana Jones was straight retarded.

What? There were some far-fetched stunts... and it was predictable, but it was fun, Indiana Jones style adventure.

I want Irina Spalko, the antagonist. If only I had a mustache, and was named Stalin...

Speed Racer was a long, boring disappointment.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 01:12:39 PM by Jean-Luc Picard » Logged

Big Money
Supergreen

« Reply #218 on: May 24, 2008, 12:24:28 AM »

Iron Man definitely was good, and same goes for Crystal Skull.

Quote from: Big Money
Indiana Jones was straight retarded.

What? There were some far-fetched stunts... and it was predictable, but it was fun, Indiana Jones style adventure.

I want Irina Spalko, the antagonist. If only I had a mustache, and was named Stalin...

Speed Racer was a long, boring disappointment.

It... I don't even know what I watched, really. I got the same feeling during Spider Man 3, I looked back and forth to the people I was with, and we were all "Are we asleep? Hallucinating? What's going on?"

Spoilers follow, don't know how to do the code on this board/don't think it exists/

I mean I know its stupid to complain about plot in an Indiana Jones movie (... from the snobby critic perspective anyway, but certainly not the internal-logic perspective), but there was just no development here, I didn't hate the villain at all (right, I know, nobody hates Darth Vader, but you know he's the bad guy. The only reason this chick was that bad guy was because she was communist, which... yeah, ok, I get that. But she didn't do anything to make me feel like she needed to explode. Those aliens, by the way, were total jerks). There was the lack of a concrete finale, too. Sure we got the race through the jungle, but that's the sequence before the finale, not the finale. They get to the city and nothing of consequence happens (weren't even any booby traps! How can there not be booby traps in an indiana jones movie!) and then Mac is all "in case you didn't watch the Mummy, this is what happens to Benny" and the communists are all "look! Aliens! Lets... wait nothing really happens in this scene!"

Also, no apparent significance to anything that was happening. Sure she was all "we can use this to mind control stuff! Really! No we totally can!" but it was clear that was not what would happen in any capacity. It just... was sort of stupid.

What I'm trying to say here is that the movie was a disappointment to me for entirely the wrong reasons. I had no problem with Ford, who I was afraid would be old and vacant, or Shia Lewhatsits, because he's kind of a punk, and was in a remake of Rear Window. I had no problem with the monkey vines or the nuke or anything else like that. The problem was that the whole crystal skull thing, the way it was worked into the story, hell even what it was was just plain stupid.

Also Speed Racer was an amazing film.

BZZZZ!
DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #219 on: May 24, 2008, 01:13:44 PM »

You're telling me Indiana Jones 'straight up retarded', but Speed Racer was an amazing film, and somehow you still hate the Super Mario Brothers movie (which, by the way, is incredibly awesome)?
Make it so.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
Hobo
The Pan

Peter Banning

« Reply #220 on: May 24, 2008, 03:27:58 PM »

I disagree with most of what Money said.

Have to fight.
Have to fly.

Have to crow.
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #221 on: May 24, 2008, 05:40:26 PM »

Finally saw Speed Racer.

Way to go Wachowski Brothers, you further prove my point that you can't make movies.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 05:51:29 PM by Gaddes » Logged

neoncoyote
The Fashionista

« Reply #222 on: May 24, 2008, 07:07:08 PM »

I just watched Raising Helen with my parents.
I can't wait until I live in New York.

❝Men have been taught that it is a virtue to stand together. But the creator is the man who stands alone.❞
Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #223 on: May 25, 2008, 06:35:44 PM »

Has anybody seen prince Caspian? Ok, i am a total fanastical nerd, and a teenaged girl (which is totally relevant if you look and the male cast!) but i haven't seen it yet, and so for i have definitely been dissuaded from wanting to see either jones or racer, not that i wanted to watch racer anyway... Don't you feel sad that you wasted about two and a half hours of your life there?...

Ninomiya sucks at dancing, but everything else is perfect...... Cheesy
DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #224 on: May 25, 2008, 06:59:11 PM »

I watched Superman: Doomsday. It was very win.
Make it so.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 54
  Print  

Jump to: