City of Amnesia
May 17, 2024, 04:06:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54
  Print  
Author Topic: That Film You Bootlegged Recently, What Is It?  (Read 173618 times)
Wazpy

« Reply #480 on: February 23, 2009, 10:53:51 AM »

I missed most of Alien vs Hunter because of Street Fighter, but I saw parts of it and it looked like it was trying to be a B-movie, which I don't like. The funniest part about those movies is watching the director fail at making a competent film, but if he's specifically instructing the actors to deliver their lines like morons, he's defeating the purpose.

Also, just before we forget Splinter forever, I just wanted to point out that a man got his arm cut off and was still in good enough shape to repeatedly fire a pump action shotgun with his remaining arm while standing up about 20 minutes later.
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #481 on: February 23, 2009, 03:32:12 PM »

Jericho

Sci-fi was showing a mini marathon, it was really good.

a man got his arm cut off and was still in good enough shape to repeatedly fire a pump action shotgun with his remaining arm while standing up about 20 minutes later.

No doubt, that was mega bad ass.

The funniest part about those movies is watching the director fail at making a competent film

lol no kidding. The movie jumped around a lot, and honestly, I think they where trying to hard to make it bad. I don't know, maybe my t.v picture setting was messed up but I swear the movie had a yellow tint in the beginning and blue towards the end.

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #482 on: February 24, 2009, 04:03:59 PM »

First half-hour of Street Fighter II. Or whatever the official title is.

Ken is extremely gay. His talk about giving flowers to ladies is just a cover.

I'm glad they call it Shadowlaw and not Shadowloo as I often see it spelled.

Chun Li was well-designed. Whenever I read her character description and it mentions her as an undercover investigator, I have to wonder... how? Who would go into an investigation wearing enormous spiked bracelets and a flashy, revealing qipao? Yeah. The Chun Li in the first half hour of the movie, that I could get behind.

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #483 on: March 02, 2009, 07:02:45 PM »

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li.

Fail movie is mail. Seriously, Vega is never going to be portrayed properly. In the first one, he was friggin' Native America, and in this one he is a *Mestizo (played by Taboo from the Black Eyed Peas) or, hell maybe he is suppose to be Asian in this one. Vega is a Spaniard (Caucasian), maybe one day he will be a proper actor casting.

* Look it up if you want to know what it means.

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #484 on: March 15, 2009, 09:52:31 AM »

Safe to talk about Watchmen yet?

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #485 on: March 15, 2009, 01:19:54 PM »

Taken

I'm glad Mike Mentioned this...was made of awesome.

EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #486 on: March 16, 2009, 09:59:55 PM »

Taken

I'm glad Mike Mentioned this...was made of awesome.

Very much so, yes.

Race to Witch Mountain; not great, but there wasn't much else playing that I haven't seen.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #487 on: March 16, 2009, 11:49:32 PM »

Race to Witch Mountain? I must be in some kind of vacuum. Somebody must think it would in poor taste to talk about Watchmen, or else everyone here is such a purist that they decided not to see it.

Hobo
The Pan

Peter Banning

« Reply #488 on: March 17, 2009, 12:25:53 PM »

I forget to post in this thread when I see movies.

I saw Watchmen twice last week, noticed things the second time that made me very happy, as a fan of the book.

Have to fight.
Have to fly.

Have to crow.
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #489 on: March 31, 2009, 12:07:34 PM »

I saw Watchmen twice last week, noticed things the second time that made me very happy, as a fan of the book.

Huh. I thought it was "meh." What are you talking about with the book-savvy details?

>---------------<

I watched a 5-hour playthrough of MGS, over the past couple days. I've only ever gotten halfway through the game, many years ago. Very frustrating game!

A very pleasing story. Impressive engine, too, considering the year it was made.

And yep, MGS counts as a movie in my book.

Hobo
The Pan

Peter Banning

« Reply #490 on: March 31, 2009, 05:38:59 PM »

Only detail I remember being giddy about is the inclusion of the homosexual couple in the Dan and Laurie dinner scene that are possibly Captain Metropolis and Hooded Justice.

Have to fight.
Have to fly.

Have to crow.
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #491 on: March 31, 2009, 06:30:19 PM »

Only detail I remember being giddy about is the inclusion of the homosexual couple in the Dan and Laurie dinner scene that are possibly Captain Metropolis and Hooded Justice.

Couldn't be them. Metropolis died in a car accident a couple years beforehand.

Eh, overall I think it failed to reproduce a couple dramatic moments from the book. Like the "you quit" line in the beginning--the guitar plucks immediately afterwards were soap-opera melodrama cheese. Then, the changes and additions made to the ending scenes kind of flubbed the impact there.

Instead they blasted ten seconds of music at the beginning of every new scene in an attempt to speed-cook the drama.

Yeah. Not bad, but meh.

Hobo
The Pan

Peter Banning

« Reply #492 on: March 31, 2009, 08:17:56 PM »

Couldn't be them. Metropolis died in a car accident a couple years beforehand.

There is a lot of theory about Captain Metropolis not being that body, since it had been decapitated and therefore unidentifiable.  It stems from the likely relationship between Captain Metropolis and Hooded Justice, and hinges that the body presumed to be Muller's not being Hooded Justice, either through them being different people or the body simply not being Muller.  The Captain's old flame convincing him to stage his death so they can live happily ever after.  Their bow-ties looking like domino masks supports the theory, with a weaker bit of evidence being how Moore doesn't leave things unfinished or unturned.  An example of such being that the script for the first panel of Last Laugh was a page long, single-spaced.

Instead they blasted ten seconds of music at the beginning of every new scene in an attempt to speed-cook the drama.

Most of the music was stuff Moore quoted at the end of that particular chapter, so it made me nerd-joy a bit.

Have to fight.
Have to fly.

Have to crow.
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #493 on: April 15, 2009, 10:35:32 PM »

I just watched through the "Lupin the 3rd VS Detective Conan" television special (it counts as a movie >.>... )

All I have to say is...

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #494 on: April 18, 2009, 01:10:45 AM »

I love how you guys are all : I saw this guy in the movie / no he died/ no he didn'tmaybe cuz his head was gone ...
yeah... I've never read nor seen watchmen, so I will take myself out of this loop.

I saw the latest animated teenaged mutant ninja turtles movie yesterday. my brother put it on, and i didn't feel like moving. I must say, it was predictable, what with the stone guys turning on the guy who wanted to stop being immortal, and the monsters getting all crazy, but then the Foot clan teemed up with the turtles, and leo was kidnapped and raph had to save him cuz it was totallyhisfaultthestupidturtlewithaninferioritycomplex. it killed the time i was supposed to be using on an essay... >.>

Ninomiya sucks at dancing, but everything else is perfect...... Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54
  Print  

Jump to: