City of Amnesia
May 17, 2024, 04:35:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 54
  Print  
Author Topic: That Film You Bootlegged Recently, What Is It?  (Read 173619 times)
Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #570 on: November 27, 2009, 06:14:54 PM »

That is so wrong on so many levels.

Aaand...watched Advent Children...for the millionth time...

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #571 on: December 01, 2009, 06:27:39 PM »

My friends and I went to watch New Moon, dressed up in full Harry Potter garb, shouting random catch-phrases. Me and another dude trolled the  theatre, running around the hallway on brooms, drumming up the crowd. Oddly enough, security didn't even confiscate our brooms. We also shouted incongruous HP prhases during "tense" moments of the movie. High fives and love all around.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 06:29:18 PM by R. Daniel 01 » Logged

Char Aznable
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #572 on: December 04, 2009, 12:13:28 AM »

That alone almost makes me want to go see it...Just so I can steal your idea, give you credit for it, and enjoy myself at a movie I don't think I could possibly enjoy.

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #573 on: December 05, 2009, 06:40:39 PM »

The men who stare at goats is pretty lol
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #574 on: December 12, 2009, 10:34:26 PM »

Extract

Not a bad movie, but not great either.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #575 on: December 19, 2009, 11:32:17 PM »

And enjoy myself at a movie I don't think I could possibly enjoy.

See, that's the thing. Even with all our shenanigans*, it was still only just worth it.

* Our shenanigans, along with the gay black man who kept shouting raunchy comments whenever Werewolf boy ripped off his shirt.

Char Aznable
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #576 on: December 21, 2009, 07:47:17 AM »

And enjoy myself at a movie I don't think I could possibly enjoy.

See, that's the thing. Even with all our shenanigans*, it was still only just worth it.

* Our shenanigans, along with the gay black man who kept shouting raunchy comments whenever Werewolf boy ripped off his shirt.
`Tis why I haven't.
Also, nice.

In other news, Avatar in 3D. Actually, I thought it was a good movie. Good story and blah blah..Though, it was very predictable with how movies these days go. Put that aside and you have a rather good movie, full of almost nude female types.

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #577 on: January 01, 2010, 08:01:07 PM »

In other news, Avatar in 3D. Actually, I thought it was a good movie. Good story and blah blah..Though, it was very predictable with how movies these days go. Put that aside and you have a rather good movie, full of almost nude female types.

I fuckin missed out on the 3D Imax experience, but I could imagine how epic it must have looked.

Story was predictable but well executed, I thought. Gorgeous to look at. The movie was like Deviantart on a good day, come to life.

Okay Char, I noticed two plot holes. Tell me if they bother you:

1) When Sully first got separated from the science team. Don't they have tracking devices? Why don't expensive Avatar bodies have those attached?

2) When the heroes were making their escape in the gunship. I would assume that the main human base, a military base, would have some kind of anti-aircraft system, which would have shot them down.

Char Aznable
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #578 on: January 03, 2010, 04:38:43 AM »

#1. Oh yeah. I was wondering about that myself. Or why it seemed to take so long for them to go "Where's the Avatar?" They were freaking out saying he'd die, but if they were that worried, they would've just yanked him.

#2. You'd think, especially considering the air squadron of birds that they had to fight against anyway.

I'd like to make a note that Sigourney Weaver looked damn good as an avatar.

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #579 on: January 03, 2010, 12:38:23 PM »

I'd like to make a note that Sigourney Weaver looked damn good as an avatar.

Haha, she was the best character in the whole movie! And hell yeah she did. She looked like a friendly teddy bear, and I wanted to squeeze her.

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #580 on: January 04, 2010, 05:10:59 PM »

It was ok. Certainly the SPX where amazing, but I hate global warming propaganda forced down my throat. Oh yeah, it's there alright.

EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #581 on: January 09, 2010, 05:04:46 PM »

Day of the Dead

Pretty awesome Romero flick.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #582 on: January 10, 2010, 01:38:01 AM »

Up in the Air

Really good I might add. Clooney was excellent.

Hobo
The Pan

Peter Banning

« Reply #583 on: January 10, 2010, 01:39:04 AM »

Black Dynamite.

A blackspoitation flick from the 70's, but it came out last year.

Have to fight.
Have to fly.

Have to crow.
Wazpy

« Reply #584 on: January 11, 2010, 12:41:25 PM »

I saw Avatar yesterday. It was one of the worst movies I've seen in my life. That's what happens when thousands of talented artists are forced to work for an uncreative writer/director. The guys in charge just had no self control. It was like "This will be the biggest scene!... but make this next scene even more impressive!!! No... MORE IMPRESSIVE!!!! MAKE EVERYTHING GLOW ALL THE TIME!!!!"  It's not the effects I had a problem with (I do 3D modeling and rigging myself), but it was used so irresponsibly. I felt like I was watching a one-billion dollar Geocities page. Also... the story sucked. Story is more important than effects. It's what gives them their zing.

I saw Daybreakers too. That movie I liked. It was like a high budget SciFi original. Total B-movie.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 54
  Print  

Jump to: