City of Amnesia
May 17, 2024, 05:36:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A total thread for all things Dragon Ball  (Read 7078 times)
The Ghost Of Ember
In ur maze, killin' ur pac-man

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 11:44:14 PM »

Ah Dragon Ball Z. What happened to us? We were so happy together once.

We first met on an international channel, many years before I knew what anime was (though I had watched if through most of my youth), I was a blushing young manchild, you, an anime in it's prime. You showed me the power of Freeza, and even though I couldn't understand a word you uttered at the time, I was enraptured.

Then we drifted apart. It was a happy leaving, we both had to move on to other things, me to my burgeoning passion for computers, you with your desire to learn English and make it big in Hollywood.

When next we met, I barely recognized you. Twisted under the thumb of your new masters, you had changed. It was if you had been sent to some other dimension. A dimension of editing for a younger age group than you were intended for. But there was still some of the anime I had loved before in the twisted soul you had become, so our liaison continued once more.

It was not to be, and the final strike was after the climax of our relationship, when we walked once more through the familiar ground of Freeza. After this, it was as if you lost your self, and continued with halfhearted storylines. There were moments when you seemed as if you would come back to what you once were, but the horrors inflicted on you by the forced continuing by Japanese editors in your past, and the butchering by their American counterparts where too much. You fell into darkness, and there was nothing I could do anymore. I had to leave you.

But I did not forget, and for a time, I did not forgive. Bitterness is natural in a failed relationship such as ours. And at times I lashed out in anger. As time passed, however, I heard tales, that you had freed yourself from your American editors. Even as I tried to scowl and say I didn't care, inside I smiled.

Even now we sometimes meet, in the dark alleys of midnight showings. I watch you stand there in embarrassed silence, beautiful, terrible, flawed, perfect. Usually we just walk away, not speaking of things long buried. But sometimes, as we shuffle pass in shameful silence, and I hear you walk away, I turn, I shout. "I always loved you!"

But it is to late.

You are already gone.

Also: You clearly never knew how much shit blowing up the moon would actually cause. Human life surviving such a cataclysm = unlikely.

DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 11:59:48 PM »

Quote from: 17
Ah Dragon Ball Z. What happened to us? We were so happy together once.

We first met on an international channel, many years before I knew what anime was (though I had watched if through most of my youth), I was a blushing young manchild, you, an anime in it's prime. You showed me the power of Freeza, and even though I couldn't understand a word you uttered at the time, I was enraptured.

Then we drifted apart. It was a happy leaving, we both had to move on to other things, me to my burgeoning passion for computers, you with your desire to learn English and make it big in Hollywood.

When next we met, I barely recognized you. Twisted under the thumb of your new masters, you had changed. It was if you had been sent to some other dimension. A dimension of editing for a younger age group than you were intended for. But there was still some of the anime I had loved before in the twisted soul you had become, so our liaison continued once more.

It was not to be, and the final strike was after the climax of our relationship, when we walked once more through the familiar ground of Freeza. After this, it was as if you lost your self, and continued with halfhearted storylines. There were moments when you seemed as if you would come back to what you once were, but the horrors inflicted on you by the forced continuing by Japanese editors in your past, and the butchering by their American counterparts where too much. You fell into darkness, and there was nothing I could do anymore. I had to leave you.

But I did not forget, and for a time, I did not forgive. Bitterness is natural in a failed relationship such as ours. And at times I lashed out in anger. As time passed, however, I heard tales, that you had freed yourself from your American editors. Even as I tried to scowl and say I didn't care, inside I smiled.

Even now we sometimes meet, in the dark alleys of midnight showings. I watch you stand there in embarrassed silence, beautiful, terrible, flawed, perfect. Usually we just walk away, not speaking of things long buried. But sometimes, as we shuffle pass in shameful silence, and I hear you walk away, I turn, I shout. "I always loved you!"

But it is to late.

You are already gone.

Also: You clearly never knew how much shit blowing up the moon would actually cause. Human life surviving such a cataclysm = unlikely.

Wow. What a twisted story of gain and loss. You make me weep.

And YOSH, I know about the moon thing. It's scifi fantasy, deal. Apparently the moon is unimportant in the Dragon Ball world.
War.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 08:49:35 AM »

I still need to review the Tree of Might. Let me watch it real fast, and I shall do so.
War.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: