City of Amnesia
May 17, 2024, 03:45:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Centimeters per Second  (Read 3660 times)
seraphjei
Bravo!

« on: August 10, 2007, 09:24:09 PM »

5 Centimeters per Second is the most recent movie done by genius director Makoto Shinkai. The film was finished on January 22nd, 2007. The first part of the film was debuted on Yahoo! Japan as streaming video to Yahoo! Premium members from 16 February to 19 February, 2007. On March 3, 2007, the full length featured film had its theatrical premiere at Cinema Rise in Shibuya, Tokyo. The film consists of three segments: Okasho, Cosmonaut, and Byosoku 5 Centimeters, totaling about an hour of runtime. Shinkai has been called the new Miyazaki in several reviews including Anime Advocates and ActiveAnime, though he disagrees with this comparison, stating that "it is an overestimation". Now keep in mind that no one I can think of has EVER been compared to Miyazaki. NO one.

I will say this much. The art, is the best I have ever seen in anime. Most of it is computer generated but it is ultra stylish and it is so well done you can't help but watch it the first time through just for the beautiful landscapes.

Here are some screens for those who are curious about what the art looks like.

The first part is up on sites like Veoh, I have the full movie at about 300 megabytes. If anyone wants it, feel free to PM me and i'll be happy to give you a megaupload link. I won't post the link because I don't want it to conflict with any concerns the admin might have.

Story line wise the movie is about a long distance relationship.

Aeternum vale
My Girl
Galatea
The Ultimate

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 02:54:08 AM »

if this by the same dude that did voices from a distant star? cus that was a good lil feature, i cried when i saw that.

seraphjei
Bravo!

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 03:12:47 AM »

Yes it is, same guy who also did "Place Promised in our Early Days."

Aeternum vale
My Girl
Galatea
The Ultimate

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 03:20:44 AM »

i haven't watche that one yet but i really really want to! I'll also be one the look out for 5cm/sec (chances are i'll get tired of wating and download both)

Citizen Nine
The Hustlin' Neo-Realist

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 09:47:07 AM »

With all that information, I like how you didn't detail what the thing was actually about. That's pretty crafty actually.

Also, and just from those pictures, the quality of the art and cinematography look damn impressive. Wouldn't mind seeing it actually.
Peace.

All this guerrilla warfare in Arabia is cutting into my drinking...
:: Cuaron, Coppola, Hitchcock, Kazan, Kubrick, Kurosawa, Lean, Scorsese, Welles, Wilder ::
Pygmalion

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 07:54:54 PM »

Wow, that's gorgeous. I will have to seek this and his other works out. Personally, I think Satoshi Kon or Brad Bird have some claim to ability to satisfy a Miyazaki fan as well.
Galatea
The Ultimate

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 08:17:54 PM »

YOu should both should also watch "Voices from a distant star" it made me cry but it's so good. It even has a bit of mecha in it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: