City of Amnesia
May 18, 2024, 09:14:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So this doesn't quite add up.  (Read 3832 times)
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« on: January 15, 2010, 10:33:37 PM »

Bear with me, for this may take a bit to fully explain.

So while browsing the old pcf I clicked on Timothy Wanyewright's profile. I then spied that he is 72 years old. While initially this may seem like no big deal I did a little calculating, he would have been around 32 years old when the event happened. Ok so what, big deal, he was a 32 year old man.
This is where it gets confusing, as this pertains to his daughter Dorothy. Had Dorothy been born pre-event Wanyewright would have been in his early teens, making Dorothy, for the original intention of the word, a Basterd (spelled wrong on purpose). So what does this mean? Well that I think Dorothy was born after the event. Within the first year after the event to be precise. For those who say "wait wouldn't her eyes be black?", well actually no. In episode nine a man born 40 years ago had blue eyes, and after the first year or so after the event peoples eyes went black, possibly because there was little to no sun.
Also it is never stated how Dorothy dies, just that after her death Dr. Wanyewright is grief stricken.

Ok so go ahead and laugh, but it does make sense.

Shall I grant your wish?
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 02:29:14 AM »

I've nearly always thought the original human Dorothy was born after The Event, and grew up and died before the series began.  A lot happened in forty years... domes were built, anti-government rallies, getting use to attacks from giant robots... My guess is that Dorothy died either from illness (I think Dorothy may have been frail), or possibly got wrapped up in an event which caused her death. The time of this death probably 15 years to a decade before Episode 1. Plenty of time for a scientist to dig up enough Memories to build a replacement android daughter.

Now here's the big question... what do we make of the Dorothy we see in Act14? If we are to believe what Roger tells us, these are Memories of the city before The Event. If Dorothy died during The Event, how did Wayneright know? Did Dorothy end up being a daughter by proxy like Mr. Wise's son from "Beck Comes Back"?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 02:33:03 AM by Professor Vogler » Logged

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 02:22:08 PM »

Well the reset theory comes to mind. Or the Angel is the director theory. Both deal with pre-event paradigm city, they just differ in how the event came to happen.
On to the father/daughter thing.
I however believe that they are blood related, as in Act 14 (ever notice how the episodes are called Acts? Like part of a play?) we see a younger Dr. Waynewright. When you look at the younger Dr. Waynewright and then at Dorothy you can see similarities in their faces. Both have the same facial structure, no other character in Big O shares a similar facial structure.

Now mind you their faces are not exactly alike, but they are exceedingly similar.

And I thought Mr. Wise's son was actually blood related?  Huh Did I miss something?

Shall I grant your wish?
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 04:12:40 AM »

a Basterd

That was a good movie
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 08:18:05 PM »

what? off topic a bit aren't we sharpshooter.

Shall I grant your wish?
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 01:51:03 AM »

what? off topic a bit aren't we sharpshooter.

I've been on pcf since before this current forum, and the only people who call me out just yell "troll". You made a joke with my name

You seem fun

I was referencing http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361748/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 02:07:47 AM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 02:06:39 AM »

You use your presence on an interweb forum as if it were special... this is odd.

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 05:15:31 AM »

You use your presence on an interweb forum as if it were special... this is odd.

I could make it weirder. Probably.

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 12:22:47 PM »

ah I see. I thought you where referencing the anime Bastard! that explains why I was confused.

Shall I grant your wish?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: