City of Amnesia
May 05, 2024, 03:28:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: Books you've read lately. (No snappy title)  (Read 46951 times)
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2012, 05:36:45 PM »

I started a book about Microsoft C#, but didn't do any programming examples yet (I have the limited "learning" version of the Microsoft C# compiler downloaded).

If comic books count, I read all of "Transformers: Defiance" on the flight up to my in-laws for Christmas, and then a little of "Transformers: Alliance" after. I'm trying to "fill in" details not covered in the movies. I think they could have included more "canon" material, without diminishing it's "mainstream" popularity.

It's been a while since I read some Asimov. It was mostly the short stories: The Last Question, The Feeling of Power, The Ugly Little Boy, etc... I enjoyed the films "Bicentennial Man" and "I Robot" (even though Asimov disapproved of the "I Robot" screenplay). I've seen "AI" recently, and found something Asimovesque about the film, even though I didn't totally enjoy it.

Unfortunately, a lot of my private reading has taken a back seat to my reading of C++ books (including cplusplus.com) and technical manuals for the new development projects at work. Hey, it's just like college again! But seriously, I do still enjoy reading for fun...
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2012, 01:04:07 PM »

Tried reading the Scott Pilgrim books. WTF happened? I was reading it and it went from ok I'm following to what am I readin in about 10 minutes.

I'm going to try and finish The Robots of Dawn by Issac Asimov. I love his work, and could I afford it I would buy the Robot detective novels omnibus.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2012, 08:04:53 PM »

I think I used to visit cplusplus.com. Haven't had much use for it as of late, since I don't do as much programming lately.

I think I actually preferred the Pilgrim comics to the movie (mostly because of Micheal Cera). Most people I've talked to agree that the ending is better in the source material.

Recently finished the Mardock Scramble novels. I've got a couple things waiting on my Nook, but schoolwork keeps me from starting anything new. I've been hoping The Hunger Games would show up for $0.99, but with the film already premiered, I doubt that'll happen now.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: