City of Amnesia
April 15, 2024, 11:45:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: star trek in big o?(not kidding)  (Read 6361 times)
shadowdorothy

« on: September 02, 2007, 02:21:45 PM »

ok so any1 here but me realize that there are a butt load of referances to star trek in big o?
like the space ship part that fell looks like the enterprises warp engine. and weirder still, i was watching star trek last night and  realized something very funny. that roger could be spocks love child, don't laugh cuz i'm not kidding.
notice the similarites between them
1 pointy ears
2 both try to think logicly
3 both try to ignore emotion
4 both love some1 and can't be with them

ok now laugh but after watching the st movie i realized that mabye the dudes at bandai like star trek. its just a thought.

Gummi

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 05:29:14 PM »

Well...hehe...that's a really interesting comparision. Now that I think of it, the traits you've listed do sound like Roger to me (especially the "both love someone they can't be with)  Wink )  There is a possibility that Spock could've influenced the creators sub-conciously, but who knows? A lot of ingredients go into making character. Although I heard somewhere that Roger was influenced by Bruce Wayne/ Batman.
shadowdorothy

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 08:36:10 PM »

yea he his but he sure doesn't act a lot like him. cept for the cool car and gadgets and some sidekicks they're nothing alike. so you see wat i mean by roger could be spocks love kid. lol.

paul1290

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 04:37:30 PM »

Now that I think about it, Roger really does act a lot like Spock sometimes. Considering how much I used to like Star Trek I'm surprised that I didn't notice it until now.

Hobo
The Pan

Peter Banning

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 04:58:31 PM »

Roger is quite a bit like Bats.  Both utilize technology to bring justice.  Batman abhors the use of guns in general, Roger doesn't carry one.  Both are orphans.  Both have more money than they know what to do with.  Roger is a ladies man, Bruce Wayne is too.  Both have a person who has both been ally and opponent who's a female (Angel/Catwoman).  Strict moral codes.

I can't say I noticed the pointy ears on Roger, other bits apply, however.

Have to fight.
Have to fly.

Have to crow.
6moondance
Project Members

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 08:13:04 PM »

Roger may have pointy ears like Spock, but he acts more like Capt'n Kirk especially when coming on to a beautiful woman.  
shadowdorothy

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 07:45:20 PM »

remeber spocks only half hume, rogers full. so they act alike but are not the same.

Big Duo Enthusiest
Big Duo, Big Duo Kaizer Duo Trinity-not bigo.d.f.

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 10:30:32 PM »

Well, they both are in the realm of sci-fi so it is to be espected.

making a new one
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 04:14:16 AM »

Hmm, I can't say I see the connection between Roger and Spock.

Are you talking about the piece of debris that was being called an angel? Now that you mention it, I suppose it did have a bit of resemblance to a warp nacelle, but I doubt that's of any real significance.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
S.D.

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 08:03:35 PM »

Roger and Spock are both science-fiction heroes, but they are deriative from entirely different archetypes (Roger is more in keeping with film noir anyway). Their are substantial differences in their personalities that no one has addressed.

Spock's an intellect-driven character who ignores all emotion; Roger just doesn't like feeling 'absurd' emotions like fear or trembling. He is never shown as adverse to other kinds of emotion; not even once; only fear. Spock is very different from Roger in that regard. I'm not sure why any of you believe that their approach to emotions is similar.

Accordingly, their disposition and orientations differ; Roger is happy when Dorothy starts becoming more expressive upon adopting Perro, for example, so he tries to let her keep the cat. Spock probably wouldn't do that. So, their cognitive style is quite different and correspondingly, so is their behavior.

Spock is more of a 'scholar type' than Roger. Roger is more of a detective.

They are both logical? I guess so, but Spock is more 'religious' and consistant about it than Roger. This makes all of his interactions with characters quite different from Roger's interactions with characters. Everyone is aware Spock is logical and unemotional, whereas almost nobody comments on these qualities in Roger's case; they all treat him as though he were as emotional as the rest of them, which he is. Roger has no problem with laughter, anger, sarcasm, or other emotions and expressions. Just fear and trembling.

All praise the WILL TO JOY! Existence is the WILL TO JOY . . . and nothing else! Whether it is the impulse toward life or the impulse toward death, or if one is happy or miserable . . . it makes no difference! It is the WILL TO JOY all the same.
shadowdorothy

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 10:30:03 PM »

finally figured out who scotty would be. Norman, humor me here.

Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 11:12:08 PM »

Star Trek =/= Big O =/= Star Trek

Sorry but this theory fails fundementally.

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Xel
High Prosecutor

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 05:33:52 PM »

Star Trek =/= Big O =/= Star Trek

Sorry but this theory fails fundementally.

I'm sort of wondering how it even counts as a theory. More an... observation, yes?

6moondance
Project Members

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 09:47:22 PM »

Star Trek is an adventure story that uses science fiction as its medium.

Big O is a mystery story with science fiction elements.
shadowdorothy

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 09:03:31 PM »

Star Trek has mystery in it. and big o has scifi, murder and a little romance.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: