City of Amnesia
April 30, 2024, 08:06:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Roger a Coordinator?  (Read 13079 times)
shadowdorothy

« on: November 18, 2007, 12:02:12 PM »

So for anyone who watched gundam seed you might have heard of a coordinator. A coordinator is a person geneticly enhanced before birth to be able to pilot a gundam at max output.

So heres the thing. In Big O Roger is the only reall pilot of the megadui, so could he be a coordinator? It does seem possible because coordinators only tend to remember their moms.

Mike
soap

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:54:49 PM »

First of all: gundam SEED was terrible.
Second of all...it is possible that he was genetically messed-around with. He's the only person Big O really reponds to, and he does have visions of those little kids with barcodes.
Jixie
chewy

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 03:58:19 PM »

No no no... Roger is a negotiator.

Now, to be fair, while the universal laws of Gundam have absolutely no relevance with Big O, there is something here to consider. The Megadei seem very specific in who they choose to allow to pilot them. They judge the person piloting (or attempting to do such) and react accordingly.

This procedure does seem to be directly tied in to what memories the pilot has, who's role they are playing. Since we don't really know if the people in Paradigm City are clones or virtual or just people with implanted memories or what, I can't really say how much of this has to do with genetic predisposition. But it is possible. If Roger Smith is not just the memories placed into a child who will grow into the role of Roger Smith, but is manufactured to be the same person genetically, in addition to those memories, then it's possible that he was also designed in such a way to be the Dominus for Big O, and that goes beyond memories as well.

Since Roger's flashbacks of previous incarnations all look alike (in addition to the stage set and/or vision of figurative Roger Smith robot factory line), I'm inclined to think that he was the same person... genetically... each time. Assuming they're physical people within the context of the show. Alex Rosewater seemed to think there are certain characteristics required to be a Dominus, so why can't those characteristics be added or enhanced?

(Then again, it's a good idea to take much of what Alex says with a grain of salt. Undecided)

~J
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 09:50:32 PM »

This thread seems to be rather random. Not sure what SEED has to do with Big O as genetic engineering is a pretty common theme in anime.

The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 10:47:57 PM »

Now, to be fair, while the universal laws of Gundam have absolutely no relevance with Big O, there is something here to consider. The Megadei seem very specific in who they choose to allow to pilot them. They judge the person piloting (or attempting to do such) and react accordingly.

I agree with Jixie. He isn't enhanced, but merely copied. After all, what would Paradigm City ever do without it's top negotiator? Huh

Maybe he has exceptional reflexes, but I think that's just natural ability. Also, as Jixie stated, there is no need to tailor Roger for Big O. Big O just chose the most appropriate dominus and as luck would have it, Roger was a perfect match. So the real genetic work went into making sure that Roger was always 100% Roger, if not at least 99.999%.  Cool

.The Final Negotiator.  Huh
Then again, how could you tell?
shadowdorothy

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 03:47:03 PM »

It's odd that jixie mention role playing as a key factor. Most coordinators are clones of humans sence past. And Big O is from the makers of gundam so theres the tie in.

Mike
soap

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 07:04:57 PM »

It's odd that jixie mention role playing as a key factor. Most coordinators are clones of humans sence past. And Big O is from the makers of gundam so theres the tie in.
Eh...it's not really by the same people. It's by the same company, but directed and written and designed by completely different people.
DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 09:21:22 PM »

I fail to see any connection but the giant robots.
War.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
Hobo
The Pan

Peter Banning

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 10:33:31 PM »

Giant Robots, war, and gratuitous explosions.

I've never seen Seed, I'm just assuming that since it's Gundam, things explode lots.

Have to fight.
Have to fly.

Have to crow.
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 07:45:04 AM »

Giant Robots, war, and gratuitous explosions.

I've never seen Seed, I'm just assuming that since it's Gundam, things explode lots.

Just as Big O and Gundam imply giant robots, war should always imply gratuitous, and even spectacular, explosions...

Mike
soap

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 09:57:46 AM »

Yeah, that was one department where SEED was not lacking. Lots of crap got blow'd up.
shadowdorothy

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 10:54:13 AM »

lol. nother tie in is that the main gundam artist helped design big o robots and characters for the anime and manga.

Anebo

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 02:03:33 PM »

This procedure does seem to be directly tied in to what memories the pilot has, who's role they are playing. Since we don't really know if the people in Paradigm City are clones or virtual or just people with implanted memories or what, I can't really say how much of this has to do with genetic predisposition. But it is possible. If Roger Smith is not just the memories placed into a child who will grow into the role of Roger Smith, but is manufactured to be the same person genetically, in addition to those memories, then it's possible that he was also designed in such a way to be the Dominus for Big O, and that goes beyond memories as well.

Since Roger's flashbacks of previous incarnations all look alike (in addition to the stage set and/or vision of figurative Roger Smith robot factory line), I'm inclined to think that he was the same person... genetically... each time. Assuming they're physical people within the context of the show. Alex Rosewater seemed to think there are certain characteristics required to be a Dominus, so why can't those characteristics be added or enhanced?

(Then again, it's a good idea to take much of what Alex says with a grain of salt. Undecided)

~J

What makes you think that was figurative? As far as the continuity of the show goes, Roger Smith is a robot. Big O was a robot. It doesn't take much to infer that everyone in Paradigm city was a robot, without knowing it. As far as the continuity of the show goes.

But what is more interesting is the symbolic value of that element of the show. Does it perhaps mean that the phyiscal body is something foreign to our true nature as human beings?

Roger can operate Big O because he is not guilty. So far as I know, only one man in history is singled out as being not guilty in contrast with the guilty hordes of mankind. In philsosophical discussion that same man is usually called a mediator, which is a synonym for negotiator. He also died with his arms outstretched to his sides, jsut like Roger (asuming what ever happens at the reset is the end of one existence and the beginning of another). Do you think maybe Roger is supposed to be a symbol for that man, or to play a role analagous to his?

Helena Constantine
Mike
soap

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 04:17:54 PM »

You mean Jesus? It's okay to say Jesus.
Anebo

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 04:32:24 PM »

You mean Jesus? It's okay to say Jesus.

So you think so too?

Helena Constantine
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print