City of Amnesia
April 19, 2024, 01:50:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sound of Music (what are you listening to?)  (Read 133019 times)
Ace of Spades
"Gigolo Joe" (ref: Pimp Char)
Global Moderator

« Reply #615 on: July 29, 2011, 11:40:43 PM »

Boards of Canada - Hey Saturday Sun

Who's afraid of The Big Bad Wolf?
Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #616 on: July 31, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »

Is it a pr0n grove band?
No. They are...awesomeness.

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #617 on: August 02, 2011, 05:46:58 PM »

ok then.

Courtyard apocalypse from the harry potter 7.2 soundtrack. Good song, makes me think of my childhood ending though.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #618 on: August 26, 2011, 12:06:08 PM »

Is it a pr0n grove band?
No. They are...awesomeness.

Yeah, they re-did Blue Monday... I always wondered what the E7 "Blue Monday" sequence would look like if they replaced Joy Division's Blue "...Monday" with Orgy's? Also, "Stiches" is a good song... Plus some of them joined Chester Bennington of LP to make Dead By Sunrise. "Crawl Back In" is an awesome tune, but kind of sounds like an alternate version of "Smells like Teen Spirit"...

To this I humbly add -
Matthew Sweet - 100% Fun... Yes, it was... (When You Walk Out, Super Baby, Sick of Myself, etc.)

Def Leppard - Vault. "Pour Some Sugar On Me" reminds me of a day I scored some cool points in school... A "rocker student" always sung the the first verse in Spanish I class, but I didn't get the reference until my younger sister found it on MTV (back when they actually played videos.) Then, the next time I was in school...

Rocker Student: Love me like a bomb / Baby c'mon get it on...
Me: Hey! That's Def Leppard!
Rocker Student: Yeah...

I think the next thing I said was something like "they're cool" or something, and it turned into a whole conversation with him and his buddy. I wasn't used to being accepted into any groups. It was around the late 80's, well before "alternative", "goth", or "grunge" culture... You were either popular culture, or a nerd, and I wholy embraced my "nerdism", but I did like my metal... I still do...

edge of glory by lady gaga. Apparently she can make normal music too.

Kind of an 80's vibe, so I sort of dig it... Her song & "Last Friday Night" from Katy Perry brought back the saxophone solo, so both songs are cool with me...although Foreigner's "Urgent" still had an awesome rock saxophone solo...

I think I'll go back and listen to more 60-ish grunge blues from Mr. Sweet... Excuse me...
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #619 on: September 14, 2011, 07:10:49 PM »

Breaking Benjamin's Dance with the Devil. The funny part is you can actually dance to this song, and I don't mean those crappy dirty dances kids do these days. I mean a real slow dance, or a mildly fast tango.

They just had an album release called "The best of BB", when did they need a "the best of.." album? Aren't they still making music?

Shall I grant your wish?
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #620 on: September 16, 2011, 04:03:56 AM »

Samael - In The Deeps

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #621 on: September 24, 2011, 09:20:29 PM »

Listening to Breaking Benjamin again. Dear Agony album, and it can actually make me cry.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #622 on: September 25, 2011, 12:51:20 AM »

They just had an album release called "The best of BB", when did they need a "the best of.." album? Aren't they still making music?

Hello again, I survived another week. Apparently, according to Wikipedia, as of August 2011, two members of the band have been fired, and "Benjamin" is suing them for $250K, and rights to the "Breaking Benjamin" name. He promised, too, that as soon as the lawsuit is done, "Breaking Benjamin" will return...

I humbly submit: ...Powerman 5000 (...yes Powerman 5000...) - Whip It  ...and you must, and whip it good...

...also some Metallica tune called "Seek and Destroy"... I'm sure no one here has heard of it... Cool OK, I hadn' t heard of it until this week, but now that I've heard it, it sounds pretty good...

P.S. Hey almost forgot, also looked up "Smells like Teen Spirit". You know, "Nevermind" is now 20 years old. I had to pay my respects...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 10:11:04 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #623 on: October 04, 2011, 09:55:32 PM »

pink floyd dubstep.
Kinda like techno, but with some trancey feelings with it.

It's Pink Floyd month or something like that.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #624 on: October 07, 2011, 12:05:44 PM »

It's my last day of my month of free Sirius XM (from that class action suit, since we cancelled our subscription after July 29th, 2009). Goodbye to The Boneyard, Hair Nation, Octane, Raw Dog, Blue Collar Comedy Tour, 70's/80's/90's on 7/8/9, alternative music channel (don't remember the name), Pearl Jam Channel, Margaritaville, jazz channel (also don't remember name), etc.... It's been fun... I'll remember you all fondly, just not so much "Liquid Metal"...

Well folks, I guess it's back to CD's and MP3's - old school!
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #625 on: October 07, 2011, 06:07:15 PM »

Radio sucks these days. I only listen to classic stations 95% of the time.

I hope you dance by Lee Ann Wolmack. I used to win karaoke contests with this when I was a kid.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #626 on: October 12, 2011, 11:25:01 AM »

"Amerika" by Rammstein, and now "Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon; I've got my Pandora stations on shuffle.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #627 on: October 15, 2011, 02:09:57 PM »

werewolfs of london? I thought they had a vampire problem.

Anyway, some nightcore version of fighting dreamers. not bad.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #628 on: October 23, 2011, 01:43:30 PM »

Maybe now, it was the other way around in '81.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #629 on: October 29, 2011, 07:12:49 PM »

I can imagine. Welp, listening to the End game album by Rise Against. Not bad, and sadly it makes prefect sense.

Shall I grant your wish?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43
  Print  

Jump to: