City of Amnesia
May 21, 2018, 07:05:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39
  Print  
Author Topic: The "What Was The Last Thing You Bought?" Thread  (Read 120667 times)
Ace of Spades
"Gigolo Joe" (ref: Pimp Char)
Global Moderator

« Reply #405 on: December 07, 2010, 08:59:52 AM »

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Who's afraid of The Big Bad Wolf?
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #406 on: December 07, 2010, 02:39:36 PM »

The catchphrase is "cool story bro".  And somehow that troll didn't work on her anyway

Whatevs. I'm not too serious with my trolling.

Hey dudes I know Cyrillic. The bottle says... Damnit it has the translation right underneath. DAMNITTTT!

The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #407 on: December 07, 2010, 08:56:46 PM »

I challenge you to take on my Iiado!

(I bought more White Out)

Ok. Whats and Iiado?

Edit:
You mean iaido? Um, I didn't study that. Just bloody maiming and the like.

Basically it's a japanese samurai quickdraw. I have a book about it somewhere. It's the specific sword style I use.

Am I the only one who's still wondering why he needs White Out to do this???

I've never dueled with bokken, but I've dueled with a (tipped) fencing foil, and was told I'm pretty good. I've made mock weapons, though (a mock dagger - a plastic silver butterknife with a wrapped handle/end, and a kind of mock sawed-off - a broken axehandle, with anodized nail trigger and hammer). I've dueled with "lightsabers", but I'd rather skip the severed limbs. Besides, I respect any sword-wielder, who slaps unworthy opponents with the flat of the sword rather than cut them down.

Hey dudes I know Cyrillic. The bottle says... Damnit it has the translation right underneath. DAMNITTTT!

I know, that takes all the fun out of it... Kind of like when you hear something in multilingual format, and just as your about to translate, they start the spoken english.

Oh, and back on topic, I got an A&W Bacon Cheeseburger and two lemonades (one for Mrs. Negotiator). I also wouldn't mind getting a crossbow or compound bow...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 08:58:24 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #408 on: December 08, 2010, 12:14:25 AM »

I'm a caffeine junkie, and I'm out of Mountain Dew White Out. I was making that post relevant.

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #409 on: December 08, 2010, 12:25:51 AM »

Cigarettes. Because when paired with coffee the stimulants combine into some insane megazord kind of a deal which allows me to either murder rita repulsa's monster or finish papers. Possibly both..like some kind of a fugue state.

I know, that takes all the fun out of it...

Whats neat is being able to read it, but then having absolutely no notion of what the actual meaning of the word is, because you forget pretty much all of the limited russian you knew in the first place. Actually 'neat' is probably describing it wrong, it kind of sucks
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 06:58:22 AM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #410 on: December 08, 2010, 03:40:52 AM »

OK then.

I got Taco Hell, as Char calls it. And 2 packs of MTG cards.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #411 on: December 10, 2010, 06:34:57 PM »

^^^^
That's OK Yuko, I also call it Taco Hell, due to my Alaska Air Force buddy. When we were all hanging out and hungry, he used to say "Well, there's Taco Hell and Pizza Sl..." Oh wait, I can't say that! There are ladies present...

I bought batteries for a Christmas bulb tester (I've already used it on two strings of lights, and so far, so good). I also got Parmesan Crusted chicken (and a steak for Mrs. N.) at TGIFriday's.

I'm a caffeine junkie, and I'm out of Mountain Dew White Out. I was making that post relevant.

Oh, that "White Out"... I was thinking what the Hell?!?  Huh But no, that make's more sense... I have the sudden urge to acquire a bokken, or at least a Nerf sword. I usually get my energy from loud, harsh music, since I already down enough coffee and black/green/white/chai tea that any more caffeine would have little affect... BTW, I also bought some pomegranite-flavored green tea... It's good...

Cigarettes. Because when paired with coffee the stimulants combine into some insane megazord kind of a deal which allows me to either murder rita repulsa's monster or finish papers. Possibly both..like some kind of a fugue state.

See, Sharp gets it... I once saw "Fugue state"... They rocked hard... Nah, maybe it was Gecko State?  Cool
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 07:47:04 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #412 on: December 10, 2010, 10:27:32 PM »

^^^^
That's OK Yuko, I also call it Taco Hell, due to my Alaska Air Force buddy. When we were all hanging out and hungry, he used to say "Well, there's Taco Hell and Pizza Sl..." Oh wait, I can't say that! There are ladies present...
I actually like to call it "Piece`a Sl..." Oh...yeah...there's likely underage virgin ears present.

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #413 on: December 11, 2010, 01:51:37 AM »

Hehehe. Virgin, yes. Underage? Hell no.

But I just won this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220706579887&si=OAd0sIQYlKlYczyOl6s23qL7i04%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I has win time now? I'm going to sell the ones I already have. Which is red and blue, but I'll keep the others.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #414 on: December 11, 2010, 04:46:40 PM »

Got a haircut/beard trim Monday. Went out for lunch Tuesday, and picked up a few Christmas presents from the local book store, along with a couple books for myself, including the new Orson Scott Card.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #415 on: December 17, 2010, 04:55:55 PM »

I haven't a clue what to get people this year, and some gifts were not in my budget, so it's mostly gift cards or restaurant gift cards. We did get gifts for my nephew and nieces.... This will be my nephew's first Christmas...

Wendy's came out with new fries - they now have the skins still on and covered w/sea salt. I like them... Got a 1/4 lb. bacon cheeseburger, fries, and a root beer, because Wendy's serves Barq's, and caffeinated root beer pleases me greatly... Especially on bowling nights...

Hey, I forgot to mention that. I've payed $10 per league night on about every Thursday since early September (excluding those on or near holdiays). My scores were something like 149/157/99... What the hell?!? Yeah, sometimes I struggle with the 3rd, but my average is like 143... After last night, we're on Christmas break...

After bowling, stopped at "Big Lots!" a local odd-lots store, to look at the Christmas stuff. Got cheap LED lights to fix our light-up buck. Also, more dish soap because it's my turn to wash...

My wife treated me to breakfast last weekend at Denny's, where I preceeded to order coffee, a pancake platter, and, because they have them during the holidays, a chocolate peppermint shake (my wife tempted me when she got the vanilla one). Suffice it to say, the caffeine/maple syrup/milkshake (with crushed candy canes) has made me a resident of this state, too. Oh, and J. S. Bach lays down some awesome fugues... Cheesy Maybe, next time I'll go caffeine/maple syrup/milkshake with some Bach... Whoa, no maybe that's too much at once - my head might explode...

Update 12/20/2010: A ticket to TRON Legacy... Wait, did I pay my buddy back yet? Please see the "Bootlegged Film" thread for my review. (Granted, not bootlegged, but it's the only movie thread...)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 03:03:35 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #416 on: December 22, 2010, 06:46:40 AM »

Was gonna go see True Grit, but the earliest showing was at 5:00, and that's the same time the buses stop running here while school's not in session, apparently.

As for actually buying stuff, I've been pretty busy with Christmas shopping, though I still have to find something for my little sister and grandparents. I wanted to get my aunt and her boyfriend a pair of Bottle of Wine Glasses, but they're sold out literally everywhere I looked. But then I saw these, and just thought they were too awesome to pass up.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #417 on: December 22, 2010, 06:26:49 PM »

Darn office blocking tech. Just a second, let me search Internet images. Wow...
And I thought the 22 oz beer at a local restaurant was a cool thing. Now the bottle of wine glasses are a cool idea, but the "winesteins", man. They're slick...

I finally finished my Christmas shopping for Mrs. Negotiator's gifts Monday night. I had a coupon from Victoria's Secret (Um...I don't know, maybe they like me?), so I bought what any other husband would for their wife...Pajama pants and a small perfume! Hah! Hey, you say, those pajamas don't have a top...Indeed. No, I bought her a top, too...just somewhere less expensive. I also got her music and some scented lotions. I agree with Jeff Foxworthy, though. Only girls are concerned with the scents in a room. With guys, if there's a "scent" in the room, it's probably a bad one that we're trying to remove... Grin Once I got home Monday, I found out I went over my budget a little, so I returned a TV DVD last night. That's it, though. I'm done...at least until the after-Christmas mayhem. Grin
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #418 on: December 23, 2010, 10:58:53 PM »

New car battery, Exide brand from Aid. Now my car ROARS to life. Fucking sweet.

No more of that merpmerpmerp broom.

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #419 on: December 23, 2010, 11:02:32 PM »

Was gonna go see True Grit, but the earliest showing was at 5:00, and that's the same time the buses stop running here while school's not in session, apparently.

I kept thinking that wasn't out yet

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39
  Print  

Jump to: