City of Amnesia
April 18, 2024, 10:13:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 NHL Playoffs  (Read 4286 times)
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« on: April 17, 2008, 11:55:34 AM »

Last night, the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Ottawa Senators 3-1, completing the sweep (4 of 7 games), and becoming the first team to advance to the second round.

Lots of talent on both teams, but the Penguins just flat-out played better. Revenge is sweet...
Mike
soap

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 12:03:32 PM »

Fuck the Rangers.
Fuck Sean Avery. If Scott Stevens or Ken Danyeko were still playing, Avery would already be hospitalized.
ESPECIALLY fuck Scott Gomez.

I'm convinced the Rangers specifically built their team this year with one thing in mind: "How can we beat the Devils?"
They beat us all but once during the regular season but really weren't all that spectacular against the other 28 teams.

edit: i guess there's no swear filter anymore?
Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 10:59:03 AM »

Well, being tied at 2 against Nashville is a bit of a crisis of my own. Hopefully we can take the next two and be done with the first round.

The three most hated words in television: To Be Continued...
Mike
soap

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 01:38:11 PM »

Well Montreal beat Boston, so the Bruins are eliminated
Washington and Philadelphia are playing Game 7 tonight. I'm going to root for the Capitals because the Flyers are assholes who play dirty and used to have Eric Lindros.
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 12:10:15 PM »

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 02:26:12 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 02:19:03 PM »

Well Montreal beat Boston, so the Bruins are eliminated
Washington and Philadelphia are playing Game 7 tonight. I'm going to root for the Capitals because the Flyers are assholes who play dirty and used to have Eric Lindros.

Darn, Philly is still in it. Yeah, I want to see them out, too. Lindros was a jerk, too...

The Penguins are up two up on New York, and now they go to MSG. Looks like Hal Gill dealt a little "street justice" on Avery in Game 2. Avery was up to his usual tricks, provoking Fleury at the Pen's goal. Fleury got fed up and hit Avery inside his leg, but before Avery could jump him, Gill took him to the boards. Nice...

Update: Wow, some classic Jagr playing in Game 3. I was on the edge of my seat, but the Penguins pulled through for a 5-3 victory, and a 3-0 lead in this series. Here's hoping the Penguins can...um...y'know in Game 4...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 02:29:12 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 11:43:33 AM »

The brooms were out last night in Denver as the Wings swept the Avs and turned out to be the only ones to do so this round as the other three match-ups are all 3-1. It seems most likely that Dallas will be the Wings opponent in the conference finals.

dominusofdeath
Uchuu Kaizoku

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 04:37:42 PM »

As a Wings fan. GO WINGS. As a hockey fan. Go SHARKS. I want to see Marleau, thornton, grier and rooenick get a cup. ALso Jaromir Jagr is a failure. I want it to be like
Penguins Sharks for the cup and see the Sharks win.
Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 10:17:36 AM »

Well, we have the finals set up now. Wings and Penguins, game 1 8pm Saturday night at The Joe.
Predictions anyone?

The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 08:22:58 AM »

No way! How in the world?!? Huh Well folks, I guess there's going to be a Game 6...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 08:32:49 AM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 11:21:56 AM »

Yeah, goaltender interference my ass. Not having those penalties called could have kept the overtime momentum in the Wings favor enough where they could have scored first and won.
Looks like we're going to have to lift the cup in Pittsburgh

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 11:07:18 PM »

Well won it we have. Those last few seconds had me worried, but all turned out well anyway.
Zetterburg was awarded the Conn Smythe trophy as the playoff MVP.

The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 12:52:38 PM »

Yeah, goaltender interference my ass. Not having those penalties called could have kept the overtime momentum in the Wings favor enough where they could have scored first and won.
Looks like we're going to have to lift the cup in Pittsburgh

Yeah lot's of bad calls and no-calls on both sides (ahem, Mr. Roberts?)... Have to give it to the Wings, they played well. Don't count out the Penguins, though. For "unseasoned" players, they showed some real ability (Fleury finishes with a .925), and played with heart. They'll hoist the cup soon... For now, though, congrats Wings.

Well won it we have. Those last few seconds had me worried, but all turned out well anyway.
Zetterburg was awarded the Conn Smythe trophy as the playoff MVP.

Yeah in the Osgood vs. Zetterburg argument, I have to pick Zetterburg. He really earned it...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: