City of Amnesia
April 18, 2024, 03:18:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54]
  Print  
Author Topic: That Film You Bootlegged Recently, What Is It?  (Read 171424 times)
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #795 on: March 27, 2012, 07:02:48 PM »

Well that sucks.
Friday I saw Captain America with my mom. it's really good and so I can recommend it.

I decided to watch Big O all over again. I started at episode 5 yesterday and have watched all the way through 16. I do not know what sleep is I swear. Also in the Japanese version of Big O Shwarzwald actually speaks German from time to time. And Dorothy is far more emotional and insulting. She calls Roger an idiot at one point, using colorful language for her, and if it weren't for the fact I was trying to be more serious about understanding spoken Japanese I would totally have missed it.

Well after watching those tonight I'll watch the episode of Once upon a time I missed Sunday.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #796 on: April 17, 2012, 12:40:48 PM »

Movies this weekend: Bits of Anchorman and most of Snatch (it was during a social for one of my orgs, so it was kind of hard to sit down and watch all the way through (Snatch is still awesome, in case anyone wasn't aware)).

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #797 on: April 21, 2012, 11:12:52 PM »

Have no idea what Snatch is, but I'll give it a watch.
Tried to watch something called Svengooli tonight. It's kinda like Elvira's Movie Macabre, but it makes less sense because Svengooli isn't as funny as Elvira in my honest opinion. The movie being shown was Dracula's Daughter. Not too bad.

And kinda nice news, I finished watching Big O again and I UNDERSTAND HOW IT ENDED! Maybe my understanding isn't prefect, but I figured out what all the fake Rogers and the whole metropolis book where for and why the last episode was a jumble. Remind me next weekend when all my finals are over to get back on a write a synopsis.

I suggest before next week you all read some Issac Asimov, particularly the first robot detective novel, which if memory serves is called caves of steel.

Oh yeah, I also watched some of I robot, and was like "This makes no sense". So screw you bad holly wood directors for not reading the book you base the movie on. For those of you who have seen the movie and not read the book, i robot is about a female robopsychologist telling stories of her past to a reporter. Not one of these stories is violent in the least, so where the whole "robots are gonna rise against us" thing comes in I have no idea. It more then likely comes from robots of dawn, which I haven't read yet.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #798 on: May 03, 2012, 10:33:52 AM »

And kinda nice news, I finished watching Big O again and I UNDERSTAND HOW IT ENDED! Maybe my understanding isn't prefect, but I figured out what all the fake Rogers and the whole metropolis book where for and why the last episode was a jumble. Remind me next weekend when all my finals are over to get back on a write a synopsis.

I suggest before next week you all read some Issac Asimov, particularly the first robot detective novel, which if memory serves is called caves of steel.

Well then I definitely have to check out the subbed Big O, because even though I got some of the ending, I still felt as if there were some missing details. Of course, I'll have to balance that out with my subbed Transformers: Masterforce watching (I'm really trying to give it a chance). I'll see if I can also check out "Caves of Steel"...

Oh yeah, I also watched some of I robot, and was like "This makes no sense". So screw you bad holly wood directors for not reading the book you base the movie on. For those of you who have seen the movie and not read the book, i robot is about a female robopsychologist telling stories of her past to a reporter. Not one of these stories is violent in the least, so where the whole "robots are gonna rise against us" thing comes in I have no idea. It more then likely comes from robots of dawn, which I haven't read yet.

"I Robot" was based on a non-Asimov short story called "Hardwired", which was then sprinkled with some elements of Asimov (3 laws, US Robotics, Sonny, Spooner, the Dr. etc.). As a suspenseful mystery, it worked for me, but Asimov absolutely hated it.

He was insulted by Hollywood giving his story the action/violence/Hollywood blockbuster treatment (what he called "eye-sci-fi", because it's all for looks, and there's not much to contemplate). I think Bicentennial Man was made more in the spirit of Asimov... Really, I don't mind someone "toying" with an authors story/style, as long as it doesn't insult their principles. Actually, the robots rising up was in keeping with Asimov, just not the violence.

I once again had some amazingly good fortune. After my local comic book shop ran out of free "The Avengers" movie passes (May 1st sneak preview), one of my brother-in-law's co-workers found it at another branch about a half hour north. They apparently see less business, and had plenty of passes.

Slightly delayed by our drive, dinner stop, and my BIL stopping at the shop to buy a comic (no problem, it was a cool comic), we got into the 2nd LONG entrance line. We still got in (sans our cell phones - placed by the ushers in paper bags - to be retrieved after the movie), but didn't get much of the free stuff. We each got a poster, and my BIL managed to get a free pin set, but I didn't mind much because I got to see an ~$8 for free (likely more than that, since it was 3D IMAX).

I feel that it would have rocked just the same in standard non-3D format. Yuko, if your mom thought Thor was awesome, then she'll consider this movie EPIC! Good action, dialogue, and really fleshed-out characters. I just want to remind everyone (and most Marvel-fans already know this) - please don't leave the theater until the end of the movie...the very end of the movie...yes, watch all the credits, too.

Also, I did manage to see the movies in order, because my BIL lent me Captain America Monday night. What was cool was that Captain America's story was still fresh in my mind, because "The Avengers" picks up right where that movie left off. So cool...

« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:31:47 AM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #799 on: July 03, 2012, 06:17:05 PM »

Brave in RealD

It was more entertaining than I expected, though I think I still liked Tangled a little better.

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #800 on: July 04, 2012, 06:34:46 PM »

Saw Brave with my mom not long ago. Wasn't bad, but I think I missed something plot wise.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #801 on: August 11, 2012, 08:16:01 PM »

Saw both The Dark Knight Rises (IMAX) and Total Recall this past month. DKR was really good, but references in Recall kept me from being able to judge it objectively.

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #802 on: August 13, 2012, 02:03:48 AM »

Saw Serenity, the movie with Nathan Fillion in it. I have to watch firefly now, but I can never find the series.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #803 on: September 20, 2012, 04:31:49 PM »

You saw the movie before the series? Seems like a bad idea to me.

Looks like it's all on Hulu.

Oh, last movie I saw was a rewatch of Avengers in 3D. Going to see MIB3D tomorrow or Saturday night.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54]
  Print  

Jump to: