City of Amnesia
April 16, 2024, 01:31:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54
  Print  
Author Topic: That Film You Bootlegged Recently, What Is It?  (Read 171299 times)
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #780 on: October 07, 2011, 06:13:04 PM »

And youtube isn't?

I saw the last episode of tiger and bunny a while ago and it left me feeling meh. I mean, yeah cool final battle, except it ended in like 5 seconds. I'm still wondering if it's coming to the states.

Spooky buddies, that newest air bud spin off movie. I wasn't even entertained. Only reason I watched was mom and sis both needed to relax and I suggested family movie night.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #781 on: October 12, 2011, 11:21:43 AM »

Last movie I saw was Horrible Bosses.

Yeah, been busy the last six weeks or so.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #782 on: October 29, 2011, 07:03:23 PM »

Pirates on stranger tides. It's not a canon pirates movie, but it wasn't bad.

I bought pirates 4 for my sister. And she was happy, which is great cause she'd been depressed for the past few weeks.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #783 on: November 01, 2011, 12:14:40 PM »

Thor. It was epic... Now I've got to see Captain America...

While returning "Thor", I almost had an epic adventure myself:

I rented it with a free rental coupon after bowling on Thursday, Oct 6th. I watched it the next night, and walked upstairs to talk to my wife (about 10:30), but she was taking a nap on the couch. So, I rested on a chair. I then accidently napped myself. I woke up at 11:45...the movie was due at midnight!  Shocked I threw on my jacket and shoes, grabbed the DVD, and my keys, wallet, and cell phone, and zipped to the video place. It's two valleys over from our hill, and I took as many non-STOP-sign roads as possible (the route there zig-zags alot, so I usually allow extra time), ending up next to an auto parts shop in the same valley as the video store. The video store was 4 stores up and to the left... However, no lefts allowed from where I'm at. So, I did what any man would do - turned left into the auto parts store lot, parked the car there, and ran like the wind (except for a thin strip of land parallel to the 40 MPH road - I walked carefully there). I got to the store, out of breath, dropped "Thor" in the night box, and walked back to my car. I took out my cell phone (my only clock), wincing while reading the time. (I thought I would read 12:01, 12:02...) It read 11:58 PM... Whew!  Smiley Apparently, their clocks are synched the same, because I never got a late notice... I was very lucky - I don't and I won't make a habit of this.
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #784 on: November 05, 2011, 08:27:15 PM »

On this subject my little sister very literally tried to bootleg a video, and had no idea it was illegal. So she came to ask me if I trusted the site she tried to get it from. Told her no and got to the laptop she tried that on. Luckily it redirected her to a site to download software and that's where it ended.... So my sister is tech illiterate and almost did something illegal. Gee I feel great.

But as to what I've been watching, Bleach and Naruto mainly.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #785 on: November 09, 2011, 07:18:57 PM »

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

Watching the two parts back to back was pretty awesome, especially on a 32' screen.

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #786 on: November 12, 2011, 12:18:50 PM »

Tried to watch Snow White, was like, meh? the fuck did I like this for as a kid kinda felling after watching 5 minutes of it.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #787 on: January 24, 2012, 11:43:51 AM »

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked. Even though the latest pop tunes sound kind of meh when made into "Chipmunk music", it was OK. (The LMFAO sounded OK, but no hamsters from the Kia Soul LMFAO/HALO Commercial. However, the Kia Soul LMFAO/HALO commercial was part of the previews, so that was cool, and rather appropriate). If you've seen the other Chipmunk movies, you'll probably like it, or if you've seen the old 80's cartoons, and wouldn't mind watching an "87-minute Chipmunk episode".

I forgot, sometime back when I rented Just Go With It, I rented Marmaduke. It was alot better than the commercials made it sound.

Also, I didn't bootleg anything, but I did borrow the Incredible Hulk from my brother-in-law before Christmas. As always, Stan Lee makes a cameo. It also makes reference to the Avengers, as many recent Marvel movies have.

Wow, not much in theaters now. Unless there's a "field trip" to the Phatom Menace in 3D, my next movie will likely be a rental...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 12:03:18 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #788 on: February 03, 2012, 10:29:46 PM »

Went to see underworld awakening for my 21st bday. Was great, but one scene in the movie everyone in the theater went eww. Me along with them.

Shall I grant your wish?
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #789 on: February 19, 2012, 03:03:21 AM »

Gah! Where the hell are you people?

Anyway went to an anime insomnia meeting tonight with a friend. And watched Durarara!, Revolutionary girl Utena, and Ika Masume the squid girl. Last one made me laugh so hard I thought I was going to need oxygen. At the same time I thought I was going to end up seeing hentai through the whole thing. Surprisingly none was present.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #790 on: February 25, 2012, 04:58:54 PM »

Yawn... Sorry, I'm here... I haven't gotten many opportunities to login recently, with plenty to do at home and work (no school, but I'm learning about programming new applications at work, and it includes "homework", and reviewing C++).

Hmmm, I thought the only "gross-out" stuff in underworld would be horror-type stuff. Are you talking about another type of gross-out, like gross-out humor, or just something really weird? No need to elaborate if it was too gross...

As I expected, I missed the Phantom Menace 3D "field trip". However, according to my brother-in-law, except for the Darth Maul 3D glasses, it didn't seem worth the money (not scene-wise).

I haven't checked out any anime in a while, but I'm watching subbed episodes of "Transformers: Masterforce" (27 of 43), interspersed with new episodes of "Transformers: Prime" from The Hub (which is basically "The Hasbro Channel"). Sort of an anthropology lesson via cartoons, complete with actual translations of some lines (Example: Line translated as "I'll take it to heart" was literally "it is etched into my liver"?!? Fortunately, not all translations are that weird...)

Back on topic, it's still very likely that Captain America will be the next movie I see (rental), hopefully before The Avengers hits theaters... We also got some free rental credits from our TV service, so we might see what's good on there (maybe I'll find the Captain on there?). Take care...
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #791 on: March 08, 2012, 12:56:35 PM »

redbox is giving away a free rental, so my family and I will watch something Sunday. As for right now, latest thing I watched was the English version of xxxHolic. Why is Watanuki's voice so annoying in English?

Saturday I'm going to another anime insomnia meeting. More anime!

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #792 on: March 10, 2012, 07:41:56 PM »

I didn't think it was that annoying, but I watched in English before Japanese.

Last movie I watched would have been a rewatch of The Muppets (still hilarious). Been catching up on some of my anime DVDs (Ga-Rei-Zero, One Piece) and the latest shows airing this season (Bodacious Space Pirate, Nisemonogatari) over spring break.

I'd really like to go see The Lorax, but I don't know if I'll be able to find anyone to go with.

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #793 on: March 18, 2012, 09:12:14 PM »

I saw Thor again with my mom. I have finally convinced her that Marvel movies with real people are awesome.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #794 on: March 27, 2012, 02:40:31 PM »

It's funny how things work out sometimes. Still haven't seen Captain America yet, but last week (sorry I always so post late), I found out about one cool offer using Disney DVD points - a free movie pass. My brother-in-law told me about the offer, so I let him use one of my codes (didn't seem like Mrs. Negotiator would like it), and I used another. To make a long story short, I saw John Carter for free, and no, it's not bad at all. I liked the story, I liked the characters, I liked the dialog, and I liked the action. All this, and only one obvious Disney cliche in it. Not bad.

Hey, I never mentioned it (or perhaps I blocked it out), but some time ago, a friend of mine told me about one of the worst DVD rentals he's ever scene, and then insisted we had to watch it. It was called Birdemic. It was really bad. Really, really bad... Avoid it at all costs. I couldn't even have fun tearing it apart... So many wasted minutes...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:55:12 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54
  Print  

Jump to: