City of Amnesia
April 18, 2024, 08:21:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 54
  Print  
Author Topic: That Film You Bootlegged Recently, What Is It?  (Read 171435 times)
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #285 on: July 13, 2008, 07:44:34 PM »

Spoilers Continue
Hellboy is a terrible shot, he says as much in the first movie.

I don't remember anything about the first movie, except for Kroenen. If Hellboy'd said that he was a terrible shot once the jumping bean was released, that would've been good. But he didn't!

Why was he carrying a baby? Same reason he blasted himself out of the window -- he wants to be liked and accepted and to be a hero.

That, I can see.

Besides, movie logic -- they wanted a big monster to fight.

No excuse.

At least you didn't ask about why the prince was in that scene, talking to HB on the top of the hotel sign, which I thought was pretty obvious but is a common question I've seen elsewhere.

That didn't bother me, but my gf was annoyed that Hellboy didn't try shooting the prince just then. I don't remember seeing Hellboy run out of ammo.

Jill would've killed the redshirts, and Abe, if she'd flame on'd right off.

Which is why she should've said right off, "Get out, I'm going to fry them all."

Besides, killing BPRD redshirts is a kind of a running joke, I've heard. In the one BPRD graphic novel I've read, they were just cannon fodder.

That'd be fine, but they took too long to die. Too long like the hallway scene.

Last one I've seen answered by someone else, and went something like "do you take the bullets away from a police officer just because a criminal might get it?" Dude was clearly convinced his people could kill his son, otherwise he wouldn't have sent them all to their death.

I see. The king should've had his men examined for stormtrooper syndrome. Then again, that's to be expected.

The real inconsistency there is why didn't the princess challenge her brother? I mean, what is he going to do, kill her? [/quote

Good point. But I'd say the reason for her not challenging the prince is that, when it comes to her brother, the princess just can't say no. If you know what I mean.

Big Money
Supergreen

« Reply #286 on: July 13, 2008, 09:58:26 PM »

Well now you're just nitpicking Tongue.

What's wrong with you? What you screamin' for?
BZZZZ!
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #287 on: July 14, 2008, 12:54:49 PM »

The Simpsons Movie:
Very entertaining even to this day... If you see the special features, they mention that everything was "drawn" directly (not scanned) into an animation system by animators, allowing them to finish the movie faster. Interesting, but I guess we can't buy any animation cells, huh?  Huh

Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End:
Mike: I see what you meant about this third Pirates film. Instead of feeding us the backstory a little each movie, they try to shove all of it and this film's story into our heads at once. Concentrate on one and lose the other... Not too much fun trying to keep up with everything... Still mildly entertaining, though, and I did like some aspects of the ending.
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #288 on: July 16, 2008, 04:33:43 PM »

Get Smart

I quite enjoyed it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 04:35:17 PM by EyeOfPain » Logged

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #289 on: July 17, 2008, 02:55:16 AM »

Omigosh, me too!! That part we're he mooned the world was hilarious, as was his man love scene. Shocked The kids in the theater screamed! HAHAHAHA Grin

Ninomiya sucks at dancing, but everything else is perfect...... Cheesy
Wingnut

« Reply #290 on: July 17, 2008, 03:39:51 PM »

I'm off to see WALL-E in a few minutes, so I'll let you know later how it was.

The three most hated words in television: To Be Continued...
Big Money
Supergreen

« Reply #291 on: July 18, 2008, 02:40:33 AM »

Heath Ledger scared me shitless, the movie was superb

What's wrong with you? What you screamin' for?
BZZZZ!
Hobo
The Pan

Peter Banning

« Reply #292 on: July 18, 2008, 02:48:13 AM »

Dark Knight.

Was sad about how certain parts near the end went down, but incredibly awesome movie.

Have to fight.
Have to fly.

Have to crow.
The Big Finale
A Dark Knight
Administrator

« Reply #293 on: July 19, 2008, 07:09:33 AM »

WALL-E at 5:20. It was fun, but not as ZOMG MINDBLOWING as people kept tell me.

The Dark Knight at 12:01. The mind-blowing that WALL-E failed to accomplish happened here instead. The only thing that ticked me off was how Joker uses face-paint instead of having his skin bleached, but that little nitpick aside, there was quite literally nothing I can complain about.
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #294 on: July 19, 2008, 03:37:11 PM »

The only thing that ticked me off was how Joker uses face-paint instead of having his skin bleached,

I thought that made him more interesting, more freakish. More real. This joker didn't need some freak accident to get the way he was.

there was quite literally nothing I can complain about.

It was perhaps a little too long.

I want The Dark Knight to take Best Picture 2008.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 04:30:04 PM by R. Daniel Olk 01 » Logged

The Big Finale
A Dark Knight
Administrator

« Reply #295 on: July 19, 2008, 06:19:42 PM »

I thought that made him more interesting, more freakish. More real. This joker didn't need some freak accident to get the way he was.

Um, either way, he's a sociopathic clown. It's better, personally, to go full out with characters like that. There's a concept called Too Much Of A Good Thing, and I think Joker's appearance embodied too much realism in this film.

Here's the question to be asked: which is scarier? A killer with chemically deformed, bone-white skin, or a killer with haphazardly applied, blotchy face paint?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #296 on: July 19, 2008, 06:50:35 PM »

I've gotta say, there's something creepy about a guy who applies make up everyday to hide his scarring.

There were a couple parts that surprised me, but it was fuck win.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
seraphjei
Bravo!

« Reply #297 on: July 19, 2008, 08:15:30 PM »

Looks like I can finally die in peace, thank you Batman.

Aeternum vale
My Girl
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #298 on: July 19, 2008, 09:27:32 PM »

Now all I have to do is mentally photoshop Schwarzwald over the Joker and add some domes and my life's dream is fullfilled.

...I haven't seen Dark Knight yet, which is pissing me off. I really have to see it within the next week.

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #299 on: July 19, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »

Here's the question to be asked: which is scarier? A killer with chemically deformed, bone-white skin, or a killer with haphazardly applied, blotchy face paint?

I think the latter's scarier, because the former is something you'd expect from a cartoon villain, and it just makes me smirk and say "oh of course. He fell into a vat of dreaded CHEMICAL-X!"

Saw it a second time, and I enjoyed it even more. Probably because I wasn't watching from the front row.

Must see Watchmen. Also, that Smashing Pumpkins song was perfect for the trailer.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 54
  Print  

Jump to: