City of Amnesia
April 17, 2024, 09:23:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raven's Nest (Armored Core Discussion)  (Read 12474 times)
Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 09:25:25 PM »

Being an MT for only one mission doesn't quite cover the MT experience to become a Raven adequately enough.

Take AC3. There was an MT partner you could choose whom I believe was called Rogue. It was a red Bipedal Medium MT. You can choose her, or others, like Apple Boy, who was in a different type of MT. After a while, they become AC pilots. When Rogue became an AC pilot, she sent you an e-mail stating such and you could pair with her, now in an AC.

Point is, you didn't just pair with her once in an MT. She had to work her way up. I think that there should be an Armored Core where you do the same to get that same feel. I thought up another name for the idea, too. Armored Core [Rising].

Oh, and I wanted to add this about Armored Core 3:
Like Armored Core and Armored Core 2, you are given a trial mission to see if you are talented enough to join the mercenary group dubbed Global Cortex. New features within Armored Core 3 include consorts (additional allies that can be obtained to assist you in a mission), detachable weapons (thereby lessening your total weight and increasing speed), and a new Core classification; Exceed Orbit (EO) which sacrifices the power of Overboost and allows you to deploy a built-in, autonomous weapon on your Core.

And, for classic players, if I remember correctly, the Global Cortex emblem is an unlockable emblem in the newer games.

And to clear the confusion (I hope), I was mostly responding to the part about a test and the coordinators saying something about having potential. But I can't find AC3 right now. I think that most of the AC games have some sort of "test" for the first mission, to serve as a tutorial. Also, AC4 and AC4A have tutorials all to themselves.

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 11:42:16 PM »

Ah, okay. I see what you were saying. Just shoulda been more clear.

Being an MT for only one mission doesn't quite cover the MT experience to become a Raven adequately enough.

My concern is that it just might get old. Since an MT can't do all the things an AC can.

Come to think of it some more, though, multiple MT missions could work. Each mission would focus on a different core aspect of AC control. One mission would be in a light MT biped, which would familiarize you with dodging missiles and jumping around, getting in to slice things. Another mission would have you piloting a jet-fighter type, which would zoom around very fast and familiarize you with boost and dodge mechanics. The third mission would place you in a heavy MT, giving you a taste of some heavy firepower, providing target practice with unguided weapons. I like that a LOT.

I liked "Ascent" more so than "Rising."

Your wiki addition looks good to me.

Char Aznable
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 07:20:15 PM »

I'll do a little more research into the specifics for my Wiki addition after I get back from my trip. I'm going out of town this weekend to go to my dad's house.

I only thought up Rising because it might make more sense to the average person, but Ascent sounds more Armored Core.

Another thing that I thought would be a bit interesting, after playing AC4A so much, is to pilot an Arms Fort, aka the big mean weapons that you hate to take on.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 07:26:45 PM by snakemarcato13 » Logged

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Char Aznable
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 11:03:48 PM »

One thing that I forgot to mention at all before pertains to radar.

Before, you had two options: find a head part that has a radar on it. The radar will have a slow refresh rate and usually only tell you where targets and friendlies are, and only if the targets are ACs or MTs.

The other option is to devote a portion of your back to have a good radar with a much higher refresh rate, some detect organic forms, missile detection and tracking, et cetera.

Now, in the newer games, you don't need to seek out a special head part to have a radar. They still have the radar on your back, but you don't really need it. In AC4A, I don't run a single radar part on my back, and I don't pick out any special head. I still have what I need to succeed on my radar: target location, friendly location, and missile location.

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 04:08:51 PM »

Speaking of heads with radar's. I loved making scout type AC's. Usually gave them a pistol type weapon (which I don't think AS 4 and AC 4A have them), and some advanced radar. It was lots of fun, but it only worked on certain missions i.e ones with not a lot of fighting.

Char Aznable
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 11:19:11 PM »

Aaaaaactually, there are pistol weapons in the two. Not an overabundance of them, but they are in the game nonetheless. Including a revolver. I don't normally use pistols. I should give them a try to have a larger weapon diversity as far as what I can personally use for weapons.

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 02:25:22 AM »

ah you are indeed correct, I must have forgotten lol. I do remember them being kinda pointless, but that Revolver one was pretty swell.

Char Aznable
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 12:17:30 AM »

I miss the old Flamethrower, but since they removed the heat system, it's kindof pointless. If they still had the heat system, I could finish this mission I'm still stuck on.

Professor Paper

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 06:07:55 AM »

I'm only really experienced in AC:4 and ACfA (For Answer) when it comes to Armored Core. So really I call myself a Lynx more than a Raven. I've tried the earlier games (The AC3 series to be exact) and I am completely lost because of the WAY different control scheme.
Char Aznable
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 01:54:14 PM »

Yeah, I can't use the old AC3 control settings, and AC Last Raven isn't much better, but at least it's a two stick format. It's hard to play the older games when you play the newest two.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: