City of Amnesia
April 25, 2024, 03:37:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya  (Read 5137 times)
The Ghost Of Ember
In ur maze, killin' ur pac-man

« on: July 31, 2007, 11:07:39 PM »

I was expecting Galatea to start this thread, what with the sig and avatar ensemble. In any case, I recently got a chance to watch some of this series. I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed. It's not that it's bad in any way, quiet the contrary, I'm enjoying it a great deal, and the Phoenix Wright episode was Twue Wub. So why am I disappointed? I dunno, with all the hype I guess I was kind of expecting to be blown away with EXTREEEMEEEE!111one quality. Maybe I simply haven't got to the explosion o' anime ecstasy yet.

It's witty, well animated, and doesn't shy away from fanservice, but the hype for it needs toned down a bit, in my opinion. It's good, and if I have a chance I might add it to my collection, but it hasn't rocked my socks completely off yet. I think it would make an excellent starter anime, for using to introduce friends to the medium.

Mike
soap

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 11:15:15 PM »

I saw the 1st episode....
It was ok. I guess I have to see more of it to get into it. But it didn't seem as super-awesome as I was led to believe.
It was also subbed which probably killed a lot of the humor.
Galatea
The Ultimate

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 11:24:43 PM »

I suppose i could have started the thread but seeing that not many people here have seen the series i thought i shouldn't. Just seeing the first episode can't do much for any body, the whole series is in the wrong order (on purpose) so that the ending is actually quite dramatic. I'm hoping that the second season comes out soon!

seraphjei
Bravo!

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 12:03:25 AM »

This anime is painfully entertaining. I've seen it three times. Twice in original order, once in sequential order. If anything I love the music from this show. I just like the voice acting cast. Kyon's voice actor is ridiculously fun to listen to, plus his narration is so cynical apathetic at times you can't help but laugh. I praise Aya Hirano for her contribution as Haruhi as well, shes my hero.

Aeternum vale
My Girl
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 12:49:52 AM »

Someone told me this was some drivel about high school kids, then someone else said it was about something wildly different like parallel universes exterminating each other through coexisting, then I heard its not about that its about the first thing.

Where I'm going with this is I've seen none of it, and dont get why its so widely praised by the internet (then again...its the internet)
DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 12:53:33 AM »

Quote from: 36
Where I'm going with this is I've seen none of it, and dont get why its so widely praised by the internet (then again...its the internet)

Maybe if you watched it you would see why it's so praised? I don't know, I'll give it a whirl, but I'm still spending money on my MASSIVE DRAGON BALL COLLECTION. Absolutely everything manga, anime and movie for Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and even Dragon Ball GT.
War.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
Galatea
The Ultimate

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 02:05:23 AM »

You should make a thread for it, i'm into dragonball as well!

DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 01:40:41 AM »

Quote from: 20
I suppose i could have started the thread but seeing that not many people here have seen the series i thought i shouldn't. Just seeing the first episode can't do much for any body, the whole series is in the wrong order (on purpose) so that the ending is actually quite dramatic. I'm hoping that the second season comes out soon!

How is watching a show in the wrong order supposed to be entertaining? I view that as shoddy storytelling, not any significant amount of insanely great entertaining skill.
War.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: