City of Amnesia
September 20, 2017, 03:07:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi. This is Shn275.  (Read 11121 times)
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 09:08:33 PM »

Actually I passed eng 101 with an A+.
If I'm writing a paper organizing my ideas is incredibly easy. All the info I have on the paper comes to mind and flows from my fingers to the keyboard. It seems so easy.
However when thinking of how I should formulate things, my brains get a little confused. For example I have ideas on how to write a 10 disc rpg (like anyone would buy that). I have tons of races, battle tactics and exp gains in mind, but it is hard to word it just right. I can type out the idea, but then my brains hurt, because of all the thinking to word it just right. And then some how I still screw up what I meant to say. Sometimes I do that when I'm typing as well.

And I so want to get that book, but I can't afford it right now. Maybe with my next paycheck I can get it used.

Shall I grant your wish?
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 01:21:12 PM »

Wait, are you having problems with crafting a plot, or with explaining technical concepts? With your talk about classic literature and videogame plots, I thought you wanted help with crafting a plot. It seems that I wasted my time and effort giving you my hard-earned experience.

I passed eng 101 with an A+.

Okay? We're all rather intelligent here, and I assume that includes you, too, so you don't have to defend your honor or try and impress me, or whatever. Anyway, from what you're saying, English 101 hasn't helped you very much with what you really want to accomplish.

With that said, congratulations.

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 01:37:32 PM »

what I have problems with is formulating new concepts when I type.
I can type up any old rpg's battle and exp type gain, but I want to make my own and make it work.
this is sorta how I want to say it "at the end of each battle the experience is counted as such: total damage to enemies, less damage to you, no damage=special extra exp, battle types + magic types= exp toward skill used, use of basic attacks or party death= -exp to an extent, limit attacks= limit exp and rage skills= rage exp."

Doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm trying to write that in English, but I tend to get this gibberish instead. I know what it means, but few other people will make sense of the gibberish about experience gain after battle. It's worse when I try to write about exp gain during battle and on the world map, or while adventuring. It's completely gibberish at that point.
I also have the beginning, first chapter and end of the rpg I'm trying to make already written up, but what I want to come between is hard for me to write about.

Shall I grant your wish?
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 06:45:21 PM »

what I have problems with is formulating new concepts when I type.

Good lord, you're frustrating me. I ask if you want help writing plots, and you say yeah. So I write a detailed post with helpful suggestions that share my experience, and you don't even acknowledge it. Instead, you imply that you don't actually don't need any help because you got a good grade in an intro-level English class (wow, amazing!), but oh actually what you wanted was advice for writing technical papers.

Gah! Do you understand the problem, here? Cuz I've just had an epiphany. The problem isn't that you're inconsiderate or dense, or bad at organizing your thoughts. It's that I care waaay too much about these forum posts, or this forum in general.

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 07:17:24 PM »

Ohhhhhh...I think I see whats going on here. Or I believe I know what yuko is driving at, anyway

Theres really no tutorial or instructions for coming up with ideas, sorry.

To entirely contradict that, read the four articles written by the author of this http://www.channel101.com/articles/article.php?article_id=11

It goes into all sorts of stuff like Campbells theory of the monomyth, and it's written in a style directed towards people who wanna make 5 minute long shorts, but the basic tenants probably can be applied universally. (Also I for whatever reason was just skimming these earlier so it popped into my head)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 07:21:17 PM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 07:20:47 PM »

Oh wait some of that post seems about game design.

...Uhh...for actual game design go look up interviews with...I dunno, warren specter or something, I guess? I have none on hand. I thought you explicitly meant plot.

That link still might be helpful, I mean cause in the rpg the levels all have to further the plot..so possibly would be designed in a manner reflecting the stages of the story.

I know nothing of programming and have never written anything of value (well..nothing literary in nature. Ask me to write a history paper and according to grading and such you just get the trumpets out and throw a parade. But fun creative stuff I never have done) so I dunno..but you asked for suggestions.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 07:28:46 PM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 09:41:37 PM »

Sharpshooter, I followed that link and stayed glued to the six-part story tutorial, with brief intervals to write notes, for about two hours. On this Friday night with nothing to do (sob!) you have saved this young man from destruction. Inflammatory sometimes, but a real smart-guy genius just as often, is Sharpshooter005. My hat's off to you.

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 12:46:56 AM »

OH. Well pleased it helped/interested someone. Figured it'd be good to bring up considerig the conversatiom

Insulting yet smart..thats how I try to play it!

..Sorry, as usual I'm drunkposting. I'm glad I helped with that link, it made me almost wanna become creative.

But again Yuko...plot is hard. Sorry.

Plot..or a GOOD one....yeah if you wanna write something, I'd say read my link and then do it.

But if it sucks, or if people give criticism...listen to it.

You dont wanna be B^U
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:59:43 AM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 05:45:58 PM »

Hey guys... could we perhaps move that particular line of discussion to a new thread? This is supposed to be a thread for Shn275's animation work.

kthxbye

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Shn275

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 02:16:33 AM »

Sorry for the lack of updates.  Been real busy.  Anyway, quick update posted.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 02:23:54 AM by Shn275 » Logged
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010, 07:06:06 AM »

The forum is basically dead except when I drink and then insult people, and thats like every other month.

So you're not missing anything
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 07:08:12 AM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2010, 05:24:05 PM »

An update was posted? You don't mean in the first post, do you? I don't see anything new...

Shn275

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 09:45:44 AM »

Yeah, sorry.  It's just a couple of videos at the bottom showing off the Gigadeus and the Chromebuster demonstration.  To keep people interested in the project, I'm getting ready to release a playable tutorial that demonstrates a few of Big O's actions (i.e. movement, jump mechanics, hip anchors, defense, melee combat/projectiles, etc.).
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2010, 10:01:55 PM »

Oh man, hip anchors. I forgot those things existed. I'm always excited by the underused or unsung abilities of things.

Except for the machine cannons. Those are boring. Missile Party would be awesome if you could somehow control their pathing, à la the RPG in Half-Life.

Did you post your video of the Solarium demo? That was pretty sweet. Nightgown especially.

Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2010, 11:59:55 AM »

Considering that I click on the link to obtain your games from SBO and get a fail message, is there any other way to obtain the Big-O games?

And I concur with R. Dan, the Nightgown was a nice touch.

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: