City of Amnesia
November 18, 2017, 04:24:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Kekkaishi  (Read 5301 times)
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« on: June 17, 2010, 12:18:36 PM »

So, has anyone watched this show or even know that it was on at all?

I actually caught an episode last week and I'm rendered buttered to why AS picked this up. While it's not super slow paced, it's not exactly action packed. And Viz, stop using Vic, please.

Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 05:07:39 PM »

I saw that it was on, but didn't watch it. Is it worth the time?

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 07:10:38 PM »

It's not a bad show by any means, but I can't really say it's really anything more than pretty average stuff. I can't see it lasting very long on AS.

EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 05:53:27 PM »

I've been watching since it started airing a month ago. It's an alright show so far, but it's too soon to make any real judgment.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 07:13:37 AM »

Still watching the show, and no surprise that the show has been a total rating train wreck. Gonna be interesting to see how long it stays on the air.

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 01:27:16 AM »

Is this the one where its a guy drawing boxes in the air that kill obligatory giganti-demons, or was that a commercial for something else
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 08:32:05 AM »

Is this the one where its a guy drawing boxes in the air that kill obligatory giganti-demons, or was that a commercial for something else

Indeed Sharp. I guess AS wanted to have a show that might catch the Inuyasha crowd but at the same time utterly bomb. AS just needs to stop picking up anime.

EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 06:33:57 AM »

I don't think they "pick up" anime anymore. More like Viz is using them as an outlet to advertise their DVDs that may or may not be released in full.

I don't have any sources on that, but I can't imagine them paying for Kekkaishi.

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 10:02:01 AM »

I don't think they "pick up" anime anymore. More like Viz is using them as an outlet to advertise their DVDs that may or may not be released in full.

I don't have any sources on that, but I can't imagine them paying for Kekkaishi.

Ah true enough.

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 04:04:35 AM »

Yeah they're probably picking up whatever is cheapest since apparently the anime ratings aren't terribly good.
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 09:53:43 AM »

Yeah they're probably picking up whatever is cheapest since apparently the anime ratings aren't terribly good.

More than likely. I remember a while back Bleach was getting around 500k viewers but it didn't last. Kekkaishi on the other hand...not so much. I can't imagine it getting over 200k viewers as it's slow and frankly horribly uninteresting.

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 02:42:24 AM »

The best ratings they ever had, for japanese cartoons and not in-house/bought the rights from networks were for Inuyasha.

And so we end up with more crap, and the blame there can just be laid on the viewers.

Ghost in the Shell, FLCL (Well..bad example cause as I've said, I heard the numbers for that were very strong.), Big O. It's the fault of animu fans that these did not hit it out of the park. Welcome to t.v., 99.99% of the demographics advertisers target love abject crap.

Hate the audience (the higher ups aren't saints, you know my feelings about some of their choices)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 04:23:40 PM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 05:28:02 PM »

So is this anime based on a manga by the same name by any chance?
I've read the Kekkaishi manga, but I have no idea if it ties into this show. Is the main character a kid that has a demon dog and wants to be a cake baker?

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 03:15:01 AM »

Yes, he still wants to get the girl to smile by baking cakes. At least, in the first ten or so episodes.

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 04:11:09 AM »

then I am aware of the basic premise of this anime. I have read the first 3 manga. I wasn't aware he was baking castle cakes to make the girl he fancies smile though. I just thought he liked doing it.

Shall I grant your wish?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: