City of Amnesia
April 25, 2024, 03:21:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: exhaustion, how do I fix it?  (Read 3743 times)
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« on: December 17, 2010, 06:01:27 PM »

So I suffer from exhaustion. It doesn't matter how much or how little I sleep, I'll always feel bad in the morning. It doesn't help that in the last few days I've been woken up by my mom yelling at whoever is on the other end of the phone.

So besides giving up caffeine and sleeping pills are there other options to fixing this? I can't take sleeping pills and if I give up caffeine I'll get deprivation headaches. I've been thinking about making myself so tried that I can't move so that when I wake up he next day I'll feel better. But is that a good idea?

Does anyone else suffer from constant exhaustion? And if you do how do you fix it?

Shall I grant your wish?
Tifaria
Your Friendly Neighborhood Cynic

Your friendly neighborhood cynic

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 07:34:15 AM »

Well, why are you taking sleeping pills if you suffer from exhaustion?  That's probably part of the problem.  You can wean yourself off caffeine and that will stop the headaches.  I don't see how making yourself so tired that you can't move will solve the exhaustion problem.  You should probably see a doctor, honestly.  I was having trouble with sleeping too much over the last year, and it turned out I'm anemic and have very low levels of B-vitamins in my system, so I've been getting B12 shots and it seems to be helping.  Seriously, see a doctor. 
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 09:43:43 AM »

I suffer from exhaustion sometimes, but that's because I don't get enough sleep.  Sad You should probably see a doctor about it, just to be safe.

Assuming no medical issues, proper exercise will give you more energy over time, and also make you more tired at night due to the exertion. Unfortunately, due to some recent events, I haven't gotten enough gym or exercise time. However, when I did exercise regularly, I noticed that I had more energy, I fell asleep faster at night, and I felt more refreshed after waking up.

You can wean yourself off of caffeine without issues. (When needed, I either drink less coffee, or dilute it with more milk.) Also, every now and again, I'll drink some Chamomile tea at bedtime, and that helps me to sleep.

I wouldn't mess with sleeping pills. The only sleep aid I've ever used is Chamomile tea. Once, when I had a bedroom with one window, I would draw the shade and close the door, even at night, making the room completely dark. I found that helped me sleep more soundly. (Maybe the street lights were too bright? Caution: Be careful not to run into stuff.  Smiley) Also, if the room is cold, I put one or more blankets on the bed because I find I sleep better when I'm warm (sometimes too well Grin).
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 05:47:51 PM »

Ok. When I get health insurance again I'll go see a doctor.

I'm not on sleeping pills anymore. I used to be because even with exercise I was up till 5am. I quit taking them a few months ago and it helped me sleep better, weirdly enough.
And I wish I could make my room completely dark. My grandparents had a freaking street light installed in our backyard. They live next door, and had it installed so they could get from their house to mine in the dark. But their not even here half the year. Plus they don't go out at night anymore.

The only window into my room is on the stairs up to my room. But my mom is reluctant to get me blinds for some reason.

Chamomile tea sounds pretty good about now. I'll try drinking it when I go to bed tonight.

Shall I grant your wish?
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 09:21:32 PM »

Disable the light?
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 09:59:05 AM »

Disable the light?
Yeah right. When I asked my mom about doing that when my grandparents aren't here she had a fit.
I slept better last night. I had hot chocolate before going to bed. So that probably helped.

Shall I grant your wish?
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 11:31:48 AM »

Well your life sucks. Sounds like you've got to make a stand of sorts.

How does I cured exhaustion?

Tifaria
Your Friendly Neighborhood Cynic

Your friendly neighborhood cynic

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 08:03:53 AM »

Ok. When I get health insurance again I'll go see a doctor.

I'm not on sleeping pills anymore. I used to be because even with exercise I was up till 5am. I quit taking them a few months ago and it helped me sleep better, weirdly enough.
And I wish I could make my room completely dark. My grandparents had a freaking street light installed in our backyard. They live next door, and had it installed so they could get from their house to mine in the dark. But their not even here half the year. Plus they don't go out at night anymore.

The only window into my room is on the stairs up to my room. But my mom is reluctant to get me blinds for some reason.

Chamomile tea sounds pretty good about now. I'll try drinking it when I go to bed tonight.

Wait, I'm confused.  The only window to your room is on the stairs?  Is that outside your room, then?  Can... can you just close your door? 

If the light is that bothersome, could you possibly appeal to your grandparents instead of your mother?  Maybe they could talk to her about disabling the light.  Otherwise, maybe you could convince her to let you get some blackout curtains. 
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 10:44:09 AM »

I don't have a door, well I do, but the door frame is 11' and to get into my room you have to put the stairs down, meaning you can't close the door and get out again. I live in the loft, so the only window in my room is on the stairs entering it. The only other door in my room leads to the attic, and that's squirrel country. Plus there aren't many floor boards in the attic. One wrong step and you could end up in the kitchen.

Last night I was up till 3am. I figured I wasn't going to get sleep, so I went downstairs, sat in my lazy boy and listened to Metallica with my zune. 10 minutes later I went back to bed and slept like a baby.

Of all the things to help me sleep I didn't figure Metallica to be one of them.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 12:03:56 PM »

It's because the old pills just knocked you out, almost like an anesthetic, so you never enter REM sleep. You're not really sleeping effectively until you enter REM sleep.
New ones only make you relax, in the hopes that you'll forget your stresses and drift off to sleep.

Maybe you could just place an towel over the window? She's probably afraid someone will get seriously hurt in the dark, with the stairs and all.
If worse comes to worse, just cover your eyes with something. It doesn't necessarily have to be one of those sleeping blinds people use. I've covered my eye's with a towel when my wife has gotten up at 5AM, and I didn't need to get up until 6AM. However, with the winter weather, we now get up around the same time, so I can check the driveway and street (they're both steep), and clean the driveway if necessary.

Last night I was up till 3am. I figured I wasn't going to get sleep, so I went downstairs, sat in my lazy boy and listened to Metallica with my zune. 10 minutes later I went back to bed and slept like a baby.

Of all the things to help me sleep I didn't figure Metallica to be one of them.

Music has a way of clearing your mind of all stress. Even loud, guitar-heavy metal, filled with lots of "Yyyy-eah-uhs!" Once the stress is gone, nature takes over. I've personally fallen asleep after listening to CD's/mp3's. One time I even slept through the last few tracks of a CD, and the player auto-shutdown...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: