City of Amnesia
April 25, 2024, 03:11:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Made in PCF  (Read 21400 times)
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2011, 09:50:15 PM »

Well the military took control until a general election in September, and suspended the constitution (which makes opposition illegal), and everyone found that satisfactory, so the situation stabilized. We're probably exerting pressure on the military behind the scenes, so I predict the elections will actually occur.

It was funny, identifying all the obsolete US armor in the Egyptian arsenal.

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2011, 10:12:52 PM »

Well it stabilized and now the militarys in there, so thats good. Hopefully it doesn't go all bananas once the election occurs.

I wonder where Mubaraks going to run off to. I know he used to visit Germany for medical checkups...let them deal with the potential blowback of him crashing there.
Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 07:58:21 PM »

Sharp, without the internet, you couldn't troll. And...I did have some of my fetishes without the interwebs. Okay. All of them.

My biggest question is, why does Egypt apply to us? We need to stop trying to be the police of the world because that's why other countries hate us these days (that and we're Capitalist Pigs).

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 08:17:07 PM »

Sharp, without the internet, you couldn't troll.

Most valid point thus far.

My biggest question is, why does Egypt apply to us? We need to stop trying to be the police of the world because that's why other countries hate us these days (that and we're Capitalist Pigs).

Most of the countries that hate us are either artifacts of the Cold War, as you mentioned, or angry over our support of Israel. Egypt matters because it will either mean religious takeover and policies arrayed against us and our allies, or a democracy that is less philosophically opposed to our own. Egypt also controls the Suez canal.

Every powerful country uses spies and networks to influence the world in their favor. They use force if they can or if they must. It's simply that, as the only major power right now, our efforts are felt most widely and deeply.

You would favor isolationism. I'm unfamiliar with the merits and drawbacks.

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2011, 10:42:21 PM »

Sharp, without the internet, you couldn't troll.

Most valid point thus far.

Telegraph

Hell yeah, goin old school up in this bitch

Every powerful country uses spies and networks to influence the world in their favor.

This is why I don't understand why that freaky quasi-albino who made wikileaks is being lionized by people

Ooooh, you made a blog proving countries spy on each other. There is a reason espionage has been nicknamed the worlds second oldest profession

"BUT HILLARY CLINTON TOLD THE STATE DEPARTMENT TO CONDUCT SURVEILLANCE ON NORTH KOREAN DIPLOMATS" (or whatever the "STUNNING REVELATION" was). And? Shit, my response to that is job well done.

(Wikileaks has probably killed people by the by, the whole "release lists of Afghani informants" has, I'm sure, probably ended with one of the people giving info being murdered as a reprisal.)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:52:38 PM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: