City of Amnesia
May 01, 2024, 04:48:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anime Rumor Control Office  (Read 21563 times)
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2011, 11:53:46 PM »

I would have expected that many Power Rangers in one place to create some kind of tear in the Space-Time Continuum...
I think it does later. That's a 2 hour special thing I think. I don't care though. I'm going to watch it cause that is just awesome.

Shall I grant your wish?
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2011, 12:31:59 AM »

http://www.animenews.biz/ghost-in-the-shell-solid-state-society-3d-screening-in-march-2011-5445/

The gist of this is they're planning to, I guess remake, ghost in the shell: solid state society but in 3-d. Or the wording of the article sounds like remaking, unless they just mean redoing the visuals to conform to 3d.

So that..sounds needless and open to being botched
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 12:34:24 AM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2011, 03:29:47 PM »

Yeah, that does sound kinda messed up.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2011, 09:14:12 PM »

Have you seen Ghost in the Shell 2.0 (the remastered version, not the sequel)? They'll fuck up the visuals as much as they want. :|

My animé, manga, and figure collections
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2011, 12:47:04 PM »

wasn't there a Japanese made transformer anime in 2001?

Quite a few actually. But the one in 2001 was Transformers: Robots in Disguise and it was pretty damn lousy. Actually most of the Japanese Transformers have been pretty much crap. i would also like to point out that Japan is also responsible for this as well...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Kiss_Players_%28franchise%29

Oh yeah, they created lots of stuff after the American series ended after 3 seasons, 1 movie, and 1 mini-series (which would have been the 4th season):

An OVA - Scramble City - which basically forgot the 1986 movie. Then TF:Head Masters, which I just finished watching, and wasn't too bad. Then Master Force, which I'm currently watching, but heard it's meh. Then these...
TF:Victory (heard good things about), Beast Wars & Beast Wars Neo (heard it's good - except for the bad Neo fandub, which is still so bad it's funny), Beast Machines, Car Robots (AKA Robots in Disguise - meh), the Unicron Trilogy (Armada / Energon / Cybertron), and finally TF:2010, where they finally acknowledge "Oh yeah, that 1986 movie did happen"...

Meanwhile, we've got the movies (slightly above meh...slightly), TF:Animated (OK), and TF:Prime (Just saw 5-part pilot, but awesome start...). I love how Bay never greenlighted Arcee in 2007 because, scaled-properly, she would be 9' tall, and how could that work? So, what do Kurtzman/Orci put in TF:Prime? A 9' Arcee that transforms into a motorcycle. Ha! Of course Bay had no qualms about making an Optimus Prime that looks like Energon's Rodimus... TF:Prime has also got Winston Zeddemore in it, and that's a plus...

Kiss Players looks like a pervert's Binaltech/Alternators. I wouldn't touch it with a 10' cattle prod, which I'm certain probably shows up in its pages. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:16:27 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2011, 01:11:50 PM »

And didn't Japan animate the original Transformers cartoon?

Japan only provided the animation. Story and what not was done by Hasbro. I actually prefer the co-pro's as they bring the best of both worlds in to play. Even Japan has full control, we end up with Kiss Players.

Yeah, Sunbow, who also drew the 1980's GIJoe (but not the movie, which was beautifully animated by Toei). Granted, I only finished Scramble City OVA & Head Masters so far, but I still find, even when keeping an open mind, I mostly like the American characterizations...

Two Takara toy lines - one which was supposed to contain mini Micronauts pilots (ex. 1984's Optimus), and one line of everyday items (ex. 1984's Soundwave) - were merged together by Hasbro, who then wrote the entire backstory. (Hey, I guess they made the 1st TF ret-con...Smiley)

Because this deserves it's own post.

Mmmm, I guess...if you like that sort of thing...snarf snarf... Just kidding! It looks awesome...

Because even though it isn't anime you still have to watch it.

Y'know, in the few times I've seen Power Rangers, I've never really been a fan of their hyper-speed ownage. I'm more of an old-school Ultraman smackdown man myself.  However, I like this concept...an epic Power Rangers battle... Cool... OK, they gained a couple cool points from me. Just a couple...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:42:13 AM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2011, 12:00:19 AM »

A friend of mine in high school had a thundercats t-shirt (or I think that was the logo, she explained it once if I recall)

This is my entire familiarity with that show

Have you seen Ghost in the Shell 2.0 (the remastered version, not the sequel)? They'll fuck up the visuals as much as they want. :|

They should re-dub the first movie using whoever did the majors voice in the series and the second movie

Because the voice actress they got for the first one sounded like she was nearly overdosed on valium, its just like this flat monotone for 90 minutes.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:04:44 AM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: