City of Amnesia
April 23, 2024, 02:01:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Homefront  (Read 9675 times)
Ace of Spades
"Gigolo Joe" (ref: Pimp Char)
Global Moderator

« on: February 05, 2011, 02:29:22 PM »

Read about this about a month ago and it looks real promising, coming from the co-writer of Apocalypse Now and Red Dawn.

Overall Plot:
A failing U.S. economy forces the United States to the point of Martial Law. Meanwhile, North Korea annexes South Korea, Japan etc. into The Greater Korean Republic. When the UN falls and Mexico closes it's borders to Americans. The Koreans launch a new satellite to replace the American GPS system-- it was a lie. The Satellite turns out to be an EMP emitter that takes down the entire United States power grid. Allowing a full scale invasion of the former U.S. and making it into a police state, while a resistance forms to take back the American republic.  

Who's afraid of The Big Bad Wolf?
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 09:16:06 PM »

Huh I didn't know John Milius was still working

(Also I've heard the character of walter in big lebowski was based on him)
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 09:37:48 PM »

?.?
Um can I get n explanation please?
Is this some form of government conspiracy or post apocalyptic type writing? Where the story is based on survival.

Shall I grant your wish?
Ace of Spades
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 09:43:52 PM »

?.?
Um can I get n explanation please?
Is this some form of government conspiracy or post apocalyptic type writing? Where the story is based on survival.

It's an FPS releasing next month for multi-platform.

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 01:35:48 AM »

Oh it's a game.

I figured it'd be a movie (considering they're remaking red dawn, I just assumed he was going "Oh yeah, NOT SO FAST")

Also I didn't realize, probably because he was uncredited, that he also worked on the script for dirty harry. The whole monologue about the .44 was his doing.
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 01:35:52 AM »

Overall Plot:

Urge to kill, rising...

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 02:04:15 AM »

The part about Japan falling...yeah I can see that.

Their standing military is less people than the population of detroit (I am not remotely kidding, google that shit, I'll wait...ah, you're back. I know, right? ).
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:07:14 AM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 02:20:25 AM »

Really, DPRK would have to be riding on a wave of Chinese support and aggression.

And our allies would have to be sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

Aaaand South Korea has a fairly large and modernized military.

Aaaaand who's to say our military would sit idly by without taking a hawkish stance? Proactively stomping an upstart North Korea would be a great way to create short-term economic activity and national solidarity.

Too many holes. It irritates me.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:22:58 AM by R. Daniel 01 » Logged

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 02:55:56 AM »

China would probably try like hell to mitigate it, if things go topsy turvy with the korea situation they'd be facing an onslaught of refugees and they do not want that headache (or this is what the prevailing wisdom seemed to be during that recent bout of tensions).

Korea vs Japan vs China is plausible in that...well hell they hate each other. Japan thinks they're the real culture and the others are scum, Korea from my understanding thinks the same, and China...actually I don't know about them, I'm sure they're still a bit miffed at Japan (not like they don't have a damn good reason, sup nanking)

Japan just has a real odd small-man complex from what I can tell.

Aaaand South Korea has a fairly large and modernized military.

They sure do love screaming at us for having a presence there except oh wait, said presence/the aid is part of why the ROK forces are what they are. We're "pig disgusting" until Pyongyang threatens to begin shelling Seoul, then suddenly its a different story.

Also who the hell uses starcraft as a training tool. "Spawn more overlords" is not a valid tactic when people are actually being shot. It'd be like if we forced recruits to play silent hill 2 because hey..who knows, maybe suddenly the battlefield will get all foggy and you'll need to beat manifestations of your personal guilt with a length of pipe.

Too many holes. It irritates me.

Honestly it sounds like red dawn retooled so its about Asia.

(I've never seen all of red dawn, its corny as hell but the parts I did see..oh I'll give it a pass its pretty entertaining. How can you not like patrick swayze leading a successful resistance movement comprised entirely of one high school class)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:07:52 AM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 07:56:02 AM »

Korea from my understanding thinks the same

Pretty much. Korea is big on taking Japanese things and coming up with long winded BS about how Korea was really the originator and giving it to Japan, but then they forgot said thing, so Japan taught it back to them.

Example: The Japanese sport of Kendo, which has been around in some shape or form for ages has been co-op'ed by Korean since the 40's with their version called Kumdo. They claim that Korea magically forgot it, but Japan re-taught it to them. Not to mention copying Japanese swords, Chinese swords, and hell, even European swords.

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 05:38:58 PM »

(sup nanking)

Look up Unit 731.

Japan just has a real odd small-man complex from what I can tell.

Well, they are a relatively small island nation. They need their Lebensraum.

We're "pig disgusting" until Pyongyang threatens to begin shelling Seoul, then suddenly its a different story.

This is why I love people.

Also who the hell uses starcraft as a training tool. "Spawn more overlords" is not a valid tactic when people are actually being
shot

Do you have ANY IDEA how many additional pylons the North is hiding? We have to close the supply gap no matter the cost.

Honestly it sounds like red dawn retooled so its about Asia.

Of course. The difference being the Soviet Union and its allies constituted an actual superpower, so I could accept the premise of them occupying us.

(I've never seen all of red dawn, its corny as hell but the parts I did see..oh I'll give it a pass its pretty entertaining. How can you not like patrick swayze leading a successful resistance movement comprised entirely of one high school class)

I know, right? It sounds so awesome... but from what I've seen, the story doesn't reach epic scale.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:23:45 PM by R. Daniel 01 » Logged

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 05:42:05 PM »

So I guess I'll just play this FPS when it hits the shelves. But do I buy online or from a retailer?

Shall I grant your wish?
Ace of Spades
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 07:52:49 PM »

Overall Plot:

Urge to kill, rising...

I wrote this thread after minimal sleep alright.

So I guess I'll just play this FPS when it hits the shelves. But do I buy online or from a retailer?
It's launching for the PS3, XBOX 360 and the PC March 15th via all vendors online and retail.

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 11:15:49 PM »

I've watched a few videos on this and while the story seems neat in a campy sorta way, the fact it is a FPS, a genre that has been done to death this gen...not sure if want.

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 11:37:11 PM »

Real life inspiration for the game's "Goliath Autonomous Weapons Platform," or whatever they called it:

PopSci picture.

Globalsecurity.org description.

On a semi-related note, even if we don't adopt the M8, I hope it continues to live on in our videogames, and our gun-safes.
... and our hearts. <3

I'll betcha it shows up in this game, too.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: