City of Amnesia
April 18, 2024, 07:00:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Big O in SRW  (Read 48052 times)
Wingnut

« on: August 24, 2007, 08:33:20 PM »

It is a rather sad fact that Big O has only made an appearance in one game (Destiny or just D).
The post apocalyptic setting has a lot to do with it, much like Gundam X in SRW which has only been in two games (Alpha Gaiden and R). Plus, Big O can't fly or go into space, which most SRW mechs can.
Pity really as Big O is a potential powerhouse unit if it could be upgraded to fight in those environments. Strong mêlée and ranged weapons, but like most super robot types, not much on dodging. Thus, the strong arm shields. Roger as a pilot is also a strong character and would be very interesting to see his professionalism play off the more hot blooded type pilots. Also with the way SRW sometimes works with enemies becoming allies, we could even have a final battle that has Roger and Schwarzwald teaming up against Alex and Big Fau.

The possibilities are great, but sadly I don't think any of it is going to happen.

Enjoy a video of Big O in action in SRW: D re-enacting the end of episode 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh5Uk2JAYII

The three most hated words in television: To Be Continued...
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 09:25:15 PM »

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RegnirpE3yA <- O.o

2) ...personally, I think Big O is the perfect candidate to star in its own video, or at the very least make it into some of the other mecha games (ARE there other mecha games?). I had about 1/4 of a video game planned out back on PCF.... the only thing missing is which console would be better suited to it, and he rest of the plot/stages of the game. I bet ya, if Bandai started designing a Big O game, they'd find one hell of a market!

3) I would pay money to see Rog go up against some of the Gundam pilots.

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
The Ghost Of Ember
In ur maze, killin' ur pac-man

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 01:04:31 AM »

I believe there's a translated script to this game (the GBA one), on it's GameFaqs page. I would've loved a translation patch for it, but I didn't see one back when I was looking for it, so it probably doesn't exist. I got a chance to play it for awhile, but couldn't get past the... second or third battle? I don't remember, the whole 'language barrier' thing was keeping me from getting into it.

I read the script but was overall unimpressed. Roger had a friendship going with Treize of Gundam Wing I think. Dorothy was understated, and Angel was more akin to Beck in a sort of friendly nemesis/person with no scruples role. Except more spying and less giant robot building. Schwarzwald was most disappointing of all, because without the backdrop of the city without Memories, he loses his mystique and becomes merely a bitter old man who thinks humanities going to die anyways so might as well speed it along...

I believe that Roger at least appeared for another game, a Dreamcast game that was later ported to the PS2 I think. It was Super Robot Wars style, but enlarged to include a wider range of the (Bandai?) characters. There was one infamous screenshot floating around of Spike Speigal and Jecht Black of Cowboy Bebop fame sitting in Rogers living room talking with him (!), which, if it was ever translated and voiced, would probably result in a time paradox.

Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 01:31:51 AM »

Mr. Finale and I would like to point out it's JET, not JECHT. "THIS IS NOT FINAL FANTASY X" ....And also....

There was one infamous screenshot floating around of Spike Speigal and Jecht Black of Cowboy Bebop fame sitting in Rogers living room talking with him (!), which, if it was ever translated and voiced, would probably result in a time paradox.

GREAT SCOTT!

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
The Ghost Of Ember
In ur maze, killin' ur pac-man

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 01:55:03 PM »

Quote from: 6
Mr. Finale and I would like to point out it's JET, not JECHT.

WELL.

UH.

Shut up.

I didn't even like Final Fantasy X...

Galatea
The Ultimate

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 06:39:29 PM »

I would pay money to see Rog go up against some of the Gundam pilots.

I would sell my house to see that!

TamerBill

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 09:54:22 PM »

Quote from: 12
Enjoy a video of Big O in action in SRW: D re-enacting the end of episode 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh5Uk2JAYII

Man, it's a small internet. That's my video; I uploaded it the other day to show a Big O fan what Sudden Impact looked like in D.
Big O definately needs to be in another SRW, especially as I could never really get into D. The space thing isn't really a problem; Boss Borot's in space all the time, and he's not even airtight. Even Bonta-Kun makes it in space and that's just a suit....
Galatea
The Ultimate

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 06:46:11 PM »

Wow, i just noticed that they had dorothy with pigtails and the roger dude with really short pants on (holy shit!).

Big Duo Enthusiest
Big Duo, Big Duo Kaizer Duo Trinity-not bigo.d.f.

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 10:26:57 PM »

I have been tring to get a copy of the game. And this game did come with an exclusive BIG-O SD figure.

making a new one
shadowdorothy

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 01:55:52 PM »

there are about 4 games big o is in. srw r, sunrise world war, srw alpha + alpha 2

i've got 3 of those downloaded and sunrise world war for the ps2. if i ever figure how to up load these things you can get them in a torrent from me.

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 03:23:03 PM »

there are about 4 games big o is in. srw r, sunrise world war, srw alpha + alpha 2

i've got 3 of those downloaded and sunrise world war for the ps2. if i ever figure how to up load these things you can get them in a torrent from me.

Let's not forget the creations of Shn275! They're not challenging enough to call full-fledged games, but they're still fabulous.

shadowdorothy

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 11:21:01 PM »

yuppers. o and i forget taisen d, w and ex big o is in also.

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 09:57:43 AM »

Actually, if you read my first post, Big O is only in SRW D. If anyone says it is in any other games, they are lying.

The three most hated words in television: To Be Continued...
shadowdorothy

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 10:46:21 PM »

am not. i accutlly got (very few) screenshots! now if i could just figure how to configure them.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 10:57:24 PM by shadowdorothy » Logged

DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 06:00:07 AM »

Something tells me you're fighting a losing battle here, Shadow D. Wingnut knows his mecha it seems, and I shan't argue with the man about it (although I maintain the assertion that Gundam SD Force is and will always be awesome and superior to Gundam Wing).
War.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: