City of Amnesia
May 18, 2024, 03:56:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Least Favorite Anime  (Read 31527 times)
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2008, 09:41:53 PM »

Quote from: Bllue
Monica Stori sucked as Kurau,ok, i'm sorry.

I thought she did a decent job...

neoncoyote: Not even G Gundam? That was the only Gundam I was ever able to handle.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2008, 12:26:26 AM »

And to keep this on topic. I really like Gundam Wing but the other Gundams just bored me. I think I may have only like Gundam Wing to laugh at Dorothy Catalonia's eyebrows.

I hold contempt for all things Wing, with the exception of Tallgeese and this game.

You should download an emulator and play that game right away. Even my gf plays it. A lot. Therefore, so should you.

It's called, "Shin Kidou Senki Gundam W: Endless Duel."

It'd be hard to list my least favorite anime, because I've seen loads of shitty anime. But I'd have to say that among high-profile anime series, Inuyasha takes the cake as my least favorite.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 12:45:06 AM by R. Daniel Olk 01 » Logged

Xel
High Prosecutor

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2008, 01:33:49 PM »

I recall that S-cry-ed just ANGERED me for some reason when it was on. I'm not even sure why anymore. I must've blocked it out. I never, ever could get myself to like DBZ, but then I think it's probably the case that I was too old for it to charm me by the time my cousin tried to get me into it.

Bleach strikes me as the type of series that would be great if it would just FUCKING END. Like, 50 episodes max. I'd probably like it. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a series over 50 episodes of ongoing continuity that I didn't think turned to stale poo quite quickly.

We don't talk about Inuyasha. Or... I don't. Because I could launch into a rant that'd last for ages on why that series pisses me off. |D

Big Money
Supergreen

« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2008, 02:20:51 PM »

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a series over 50 episodes of ongoing continuity that I didn't think turned to stale poo quite quickly.

this is the truth right here

What's wrong with you? What you screamin' for?
BZZZZ!
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2008, 03:13:24 PM »

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a series over 50 episodes of ongoing continuity that I didn't think turned to stale poo quite quickly.

We don't talk about Inuyasha. Or... I don't. Because I could launch into a rant that'd last for ages on why that series pisses me off. |D

Ha, yeah. Big Money seconded this, and I third it.

Save Big O somehow has an entry on urbandictionary, and it mentions the members being unsympathetic towards fans of other series. Your RAGE towards Inuyahsa amuses me now, even though I sympathize, since apparently that legacy lives on.

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2008, 06:15:43 PM »

Ha, yeah. Big Money seconded this, and I third it.

And I will Fourth it.

InuYasha could have easily been done in 40-50 episodes, yet was allowed to continue for 200+ episodes with random demon showing up and InuYasha spamming his newly acquired move he learned 2 episodes ago, that combined with an overall awful cast of characters. If their was a template for making a cliche' riddled anime, then InuYasha is a prime example, and the only interesting character was Sesshomaru if ya ask me.

Bleach strikes me as the type of series that would be great if it would just FUCKING END.

Bleach started out pretty cool but after it hit episode 40, it did a death dive into the sea of mediocrity, well that and the animation varied by huge degrees episode to episode. I swear 1 episode had decent animation but the the very next episodes animation was so bad, everyone and everything barely passed for 3rd grade scribbles.

Well basically anything in Shonen Jump is destined to run 200 episodes+, no matter how stale it gets.

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2008, 04:47:46 PM »

an overall awful cast of characters. ... the only interesting character was Sesshomaru if ya ask me.

I agree with your whole post, and this interested me. I thought the characters made no sense. All of them seemed like variations on the same theme: small, hyper, precocious. Nobody had any dignity except for Seshoumaru. I guess Kikyo was supposed to have that, but then her haughty formality just makes her inaccessible. And Kikyo's sister was Kung-fu Adventure Granny.

I guess they were they trying to appeal to a female audience this way? Did they want female viewers to fawn over the cast, then identify with Kagome, the level-headed mom holding the others together with her straightforward and "real" attitude? The independent modern gal? That's the only explanation that comes to mind. But it seems like you'd have to be awfully full of yourself to identify with Kagome, surrounded by idiots, villains and juveniles wherever she goes.

Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2008, 03:29:35 AM »

I absolutely loathed SD gundam. Gayest gundam I've seen. My opinion....
G Gundam is jsut too classic to lose its place in the hall of good shows...

Ninomiya sucks at dancing, but everything else is perfect...... Cheesy
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2008, 06:04:27 AM »

an overall awful cast of characters. ... the only interesting character was Sesshomaru if ya ask me.

I agree with your whole post, and this interested me. I thought the characters made no sense. All of them seemed like variations on the same theme: small, hyper, precocious. Nobody had any dignity except for Seshoumaru. I guess Kikyo was supposed to have that, but then her haughty formality just makes her inaccessible. And Kikyo's sister was Kung-fu Adventure Granny.

I guess they were they trying to appeal to a female audience this way? Did they want female viewers to fawn over the cast, then identify with Kagome, the level-headed mom holding the others together with her straightforward and "real" attitude? The independent modern gal? That's the only explanation that comes to mind. But it seems like you'd have to be awfully full of yourself to identify with Kagome, surrounded by idiots, villains and juveniles wherever she goes.

Whatever audience it was designed to appeal to it worked, as sad as that is, they still show it on AS and has it ever been taken off for longer than a month, cause it certainly doesn't seem that way. I tried to relate to one of the characters, I really did, but it's hard to like a character when they are so generic and stereotyped. InuYasha is dull and your run of the mill Shonen hero, Kagome is your generic Shonen heroine, Miroku is the typical perverted holy man, and Sango had the most potential to be interesting, yet they squandered any hope of her being interesting with that horrid excuse of plot point by the name of Kohaku.

I'll probably catch hell for this, but I can't stand Fullmetal Alchemist. It started out pretty decent and all, but really fell apart fast and Edward honestly pissed me to no end, although that was thanks to Vic Mignogna. The other voices in the dub where spot on though, I really liked Travis Willingham as Roy, and Aaron Dismuke as Al. Speaking of Vic, the stardom that came with his role as Ed, really went to his head. I've chatted with him a time or two at various cons, and seriously he can't stop talking about himself, Fullmetal Alchemist, or Jesus, although I had the privilege of watching a yaoi fangirl troll Vic, it was a thing of beauty, and I lulz hard.   

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2008, 12:24:05 PM »

Inuyasha: I don't remember the secondary characters' names, and haven't seen more than I could stomach, so I can't agree or disagree.

About Fullmetal Alchemist, it seemed sterile and by-the-numbers.

Edward honestly pissed me to no end, although that was thanks to Vic Mignogna
Yeah, jarring. Sounds like it's from a guy that's twice the apparent age of the character.

Anyway, we both agree that Fullmetal Alchemist really should've been more like Straight Jacket.

I've chatted with him a time or two at various cons, and seriously he can't stop talking about himself, Fullmetal Alchemist, or Jesus, although I had the privilege of watching a yaoi fangirl troll Vic, it was a thing of beauty, and I lulz hard.

Heh. Spill the beans! Give some details. Do you remember the conversations?

A challenger approaches:

Gun X Sword.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 12:25:39 PM by R. Daniel Olk 01 » Logged

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2008, 02:23:41 PM »

Heh. Spill the beans! Give some details. Do you remember the conversations?

lol. It's been a year or so, but talking to Vic is like talking to a robot. You can strike up a conversation with him, and it goes down hill quickly, cause one second you ask him what he likes about being a voice actor, and then he starts yacking about Fullmetal. Also, someone asked him if Fai was gay... oh boy, the shit hit the fan then, and going as far as to make up a BS story about how he meet with clamp to talk about yaoi being bad, and how they need to stop using it. His fan club is also bat shit insane. Encyclopedia Dramatic has an article on Vic, if you want some more good stories.

Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2008, 05:16:56 AM »

*gasp* Ididn't even know there was another page when I last posted!
Now, I love Inuyasha. Don't throw tomatoes at me though, because I can't stand how long and redundant it is anymore. I take it in moderation, like i should do for chocolate. I think the main problem is that the length made it annoying. that made the internal strife get old really fast, and kagome was just ... fail.

And I'm really sorry, Monica RIAL is the actress I don't like. She'd really bad at doing kids voices, that's what I should have been more clear about. Though you guys probably don't like Monica Stori either, she's the voice of Hamtaro's owner and Kagome. *dodges tomatoes*

Vic is hard to talk to. Of course, my only experience is through e-mail, but he was polite, you know, absolutely no personality in his responses. I'll pull one up, maybe...

Xel
High Prosecutor

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2008, 09:08:21 AM »

Haha, Gaddes, I ended up checking out the article and the epic cosfu post linked there; all I have to say is wooooooow. Hours of entertainment, that was. Though strangely, it really left me wanting to attend an anime con again. Perhaps I'll have to take advantage of Anime Detour's proximity in April...

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2008, 12:34:20 PM »

Haha, Gaddes, I ended up checking out the article and the epic cosfu post linked there; all I have to say is wooooooow. Hours of entertainment, that was. Though strangely, it really left me wanting to attend an anime con again. Perhaps I'll have to take advantage of Anime Detour's proximity in April...

lol, glad you enjoyed it Xel. I took me over 5 hour of reading and nonstop laughing when I first discovered it and having witnessed some of it first hand, I have to say, Vic is way to popular for his own good..I mean a Vic plush toy...really. Also youtube has some creepy videos of Vic and his fan club.

Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2008, 04:08:06 AM »

I had a friend who was obsessed with Vic. You can imagine how much fun that was...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: