City of Amnesia
May 05, 2024, 09:26:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Full Metal Alchemist  (Read 11865 times)
Citizen Nine
The Hustlin' Neo-Realist

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 01:20:20 AM »

Quote from: 4

Normally I wouldn't explain, but because its you Nine, I'll make an effort.

FMA has the whole "Hey everyone's happy and so and so OH WAIT EVERYONE IN THE TOWN GOT BONEITIS"

I remember that happening once.
Thank you, Money~

And that was one episode. One stand alone, filler episode. Like, it had nothing to do with the entire plot on hand really. You're doing the same thing as Sharpie/me, watching at most three episodes and generalizing the whole series based of that accordingly.

Although, I will admit there is a lot of melodrama from time to time and its does a terrible job at comedy, but the boys go through a lot of shit and the story is still damn good.
Peace.

All this guerrilla warfare in Arabia is cutting into my drinking...
:: Cuaron, Coppola, Hitchcock, Kazan, Kubrick, Kurosawa, Lean, Scorsese, Welles, Wilder ::
DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 01:34:31 AM »

They seek the one stone... to rule them all! I mean, come on, the story is great, and yeah, it's cheesy at times, but at least it ended and didn't suffer from horrific Inuyasha Syndrome, where they'd spend a hundred episodes in search of one goal and never get anywhere.
War.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
Mewtwo
Lord of Psychics

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 02:16:53 AM »

Quote from: 19
They seek the one stone... to rule them all! I mean, come on, the story is great, and yeah, it's cheesy at times, but at least it ended and didn't suffer from horrific Inuyasha Syndrome, where they'd spend a hundred episodes in search of one goal and never get anywhere.
War.

True that and the movie? It just ended the whole thing perfectly, despite being open-ended, I doubt they would continue the series any further but it should stay that way.

"Soon, it will be like you've never existed at all..."
[/b]
paul1290

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 05:46:05 PM »

Fullmetal Alchemist is definitly one of my favorites. The story is good and the art style is very colorful. Some of the important characters are a bit hard to keep track of, but other than that it's a very good anime.

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 11:05:52 PM »

FM isn't bad nor is very good either. It's an average show, still a fun watch though.

EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 03:28:03 AM »

Quote from: 60
True that and the movie? It just ended the whole thing perfectly, despite being open-ended, I doubt they would continue the series any further but it should stay that way.

Someone else who liked the movie ending? Very nice.

One of my favorite shows on [adult swim], and the manga's even better. I'm not current with the Japanese releases, though.

Anybody else thinking about getting the season sets when they're released?

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Citizen Nine
The Hustlin' Neo-Realist

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 05:50:14 PM »

Quote from: 81
Anybody else thinking about getting the season sets when they're released?
I'm pretty sure all the episodes are out already on DVD, and have been for a while now.

Watching the series again on adult swim made me realize how much I enjoy FMA, and the last three episodes are up next.
Peace.

All this guerrilla warfare in Arabia is cutting into my drinking...
:: Cuaron, Coppola, Hitchcock, Kazan, Kubrick, Kurosawa, Lean, Scorsese, Welles, Wilder ::
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 06:57:03 PM »

They have been on DVD for awhile, yes, but FUNimation will start releasing boxsets containing about four discs each in the coming months (they've already re-released the singles under a lesser price point).

Lately, I've only been paying attention to [adult swim]'s Saturday block, so I haven't been watching it this time around. I'm sure I'd still love it, though.

Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 10:56:20 PM »

there was a warning when i typed this... anywho, the movie made a class full of anime-niacs cry.... and poop all over themselves with some extreme emotion...

Ninomiya sucks at dancing, but everything else is perfect...... Cheesy
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 07:29:21 PM »

I've been watching the Season One, Part Two episodes lately; some of the interactions between Ed and Al are really touching.

The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 11:32:09 PM »

Actually, it's back on Adult Swim Saturday, before Samarai Champloo and Big O. This one was about the thief using alchemy. Now I've already seen a few episodes that were touching, and several that were all out hilarious, and I would definitely put that one at the top of the hilarious stack.

I like the fact that Ed and Al aren't just brother's by definition, they also act like brothers: They care about each other one minute, and then try to beat the hell out of each other another minute...

That's probably what got me to like Gurren Lagann...
shadowdorothy

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2008, 11:58:13 AM »

dead people getting reincarnated, people doing the reincarnations and all of it blowing is all i got to say.

Big Money
Supergreen

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2008, 02:05:19 AM »

I didn't ever reply again, but no, I've seen more than that one episode, and the whole tone of the series is too melodramatic, and to artificially depressing for me. Like, without that, which is really forced, the show has some cool things in it, but... it could have had less to do with just trying to have terrible thing after terrible thing happen to move the story along.

What's wrong with you? What you screamin' for?
BZZZZ!
DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2008, 08:22:12 AM »

I didn't ever reply again, but no, I've seen more than that one episode, and the whole tone of the series is too melodramatic, and to artificially depressing for me. Like, without that, which is really forced, the show has some cool things in it, but... it could have had less to do with just trying to have terrible thing after terrible thing happen to move the story along.

Vile brings up a pretty good point. A lot of the negative events in FMA did seem forced, when you look back on it. Did anyone else think that, seeing the show?
War.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 03:47:26 PM »

woo bringing this topic back.

There's an official trailer for Full Metal Alchemist ... series 2! out and about on the interwebs (Youtube as well). The official launch for the second FMA series is April of this year.  Supposedly it's not a continuation (like after the plot of Shambala) but rather a retelling of the series closer in line with the manga continuity.

Should be something to look forward to.

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: