City of Amnesia
May 18, 2024, 02:47:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Most Obvious Question...  (Read 9689 times)
Mike
soap

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 11:39:16 PM »

The first anime I can remember seeing was Zieram. That was pretty cool.
I saw Galaxy Express 999 when I was like 12, and it was incredibly confusing. Mostly because I was 12.
There was some movie I saw once, where this old guy was put in a special bed that took care of all his needs, but then his mind took over the bed and it started absorbing other machinery and made a giant body out of junk and cars and stuff. Then it met another similar junk robot that was made by an old woman in a similar computerbed...I forget what it was called, but it was cool.
DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 04:03:24 AM »

OH! I forgot Heavy Metal. How could forget that? The animation was phenomenal.
War.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 06:08:53 PM »

We seem to be getting off topic...  Undecided
What do you kids tell your parents?

Ninomiya sucks at dancing, but everything else is perfect...... Cheesy
DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2007, 09:24:23 PM »

What should I tell him? My dad loves Ghost in the Shell, Gundam MS 08th Team, Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z... Astro Boy. So I don't have to justify myself to him, or to anyone for that matter.
War.

Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 06:35:14 PM »

Lucky...
I only am able to watch because my 6 year old brother watched cartoons all day any way.

DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 01:08:38 PM »

Well, I draw. A lot. And I enjoy watching animation and different cartoons to see different styles and methods of storytelling in action. It's interesting, really.
War.

DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 08:30:51 AM »

I also noticed I never said WHY I like anime. I think this picture explains it all:

This is every comic book geek's battle royale fantasy come freaking true.
War.

Mike
soap

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 10:40:48 AM »

I think that picture made me pee a little.
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 10:52:25 AM »

...is that a good thing?

My animé, manga, and figure collections
shadowdorothy

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 01:05:05 PM »

i cant remember. it was ether Dragon Ball or G Gundam.

Mike
soap

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 11:43:30 PM »

yes. It was a good thing.
Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 12:16:13 AM »

I think that picture made me pee a little.

>_>.... i have a girl in anime club whose mom thinks anime is the root of all evil. that makes her not even try to participate in the discussions about a field trip, which technically has nothing to do with anime... What the hell....I want to slap her mom.

neoncoyote
The Fashionista

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 05:14:54 PM »

This sounds a little weird-- but I'm actually not that into anime. I really only watch(or more like re-watch) few anime because I'm sick of the generic stuff like Gurren Lagann, Lucky Star, etc.

Saying that, I'm into stuff with plots that are different from what I've seen before. Take Big O for instance. Besides falling in love with it when I was like... 9, it's much different than what I've watched before.

I also enjoy Red Garden oh so very much. It's the series I have spent the most money on buying all the the DVDs, the artbook, mangas, etc. I know GONZO sucks, but I enjoyed it very much. It's like Gantz but with chicks, less aliens, and no head exploding(sadly).

True fact, I like anime set in America. It's easier for me to remember the names. :X Red Garden was fun because all the names were American and it took place in New York... and I enjoy stuff set in NY.

Other than that; I don't really have an appeal to anime. I've sort of "grown out" of it? Not age-wise, but there was much more interesting things for me to do it seemed.

❝Men have been taught that it is a virtue to stand together. But the creator is the man who stands alone.❞
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 07:12:30 PM »

Interesting.

Didn't like Gurren Lagann? That could turn into an ugly debate if you're not careful. Watch out! I'll agree that it's rather generic for substance. But as for style, I think Gurren Lagann is the recent champion. How much Gurren Lagann have you watched?

Red Garden! I saw a review for that, and it did look interesting. Though I'm a little wary. If a bunch of fashionable Manhattan girls constitute the main cast, it could get... obnoxious. What's your say on that?

I think I'm going to like your taste in animé. Exploding heads are great... when used sparingly!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 07:20:45 PM by R. Daniel Olk 01 » Logged

neoncoyote
The Fashionista

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 07:23:07 PM »

Yeah, but I can said I tried it at least and didn't judge it like most people. Viral is the only good thing about it though, ohoho. I only watched a few episodes here and there though but I really couldn't get into it. I don't mind people who are into it though! It's not like I'm all OH U SUQ CUZ U LEIK GURREN LAGANN. The show just isn't really my forte.

Red Garden can get a little obnoxious at times actually. There's a few episodes where one of the characters is just a drama queen and complains about OH BAWW I'M DEAD AND I CAN'T GET OVER IT before she actually DOES get over it. Another character is just plain annoying, but she eventually shapes up and stops being a coward. It's more of a drama than SUPER action, but it's still good. Also, the somewhat drag queen lesbian character adds to the effect and the art is really nice too.

Yes! I also enjoyed Speed Grapher which also had a nice exploding head effect.

❝Men have been taught that it is a virtue to stand together. But the creator is the man who stands alone.❞
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: