City of Amnesia
May 05, 2024, 07:35:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ghost in the Shell Uber Thread  (Read 27797 times)
The Baker St. Irregular
ROCK. ROBOT ROCK.

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2007, 10:54:10 PM »

According too Richard Epcar, the VA for Batou and several other sources have said that the Laughing Man OVA (the first season shorted into OVA form) won't have the Animaze cast but is in fact done by The Ocean Group. This isn't the first time Bandai has done this, Char's Counter Attack had an Animaze dub way back in 99, but then redubbed with ocean.

http://www.crystalacids.com/

What? Eww.

Besides, why would I need that OAV aside from getting it just because I am that much of a whore for Ghost? (I am, but still...)

DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2007, 02:48:16 AM »

PROTIP: FUNDING OCEAN GROUP ONLY ENCOURAGES OCEAN GROUP.
War.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
Citizen Nine
The Hustlin' Neo-Realist

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2007, 10:15:18 AM »

...why is the Laughing Man season being formatted into OVA form anyway? Its quite fine the way it is.
Peace.

All this guerrilla warfare in Arabia is cutting into my drinking...
:: Cuaron, Coppola, Hitchcock, Kazan, Kubrick, Kurosawa, Lean, Scorsese, Welles, Wilder ::
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2007, 07:18:49 PM »

It reminds me vaguely of how they released x-files dvds only containing the episodes revolving around the overarching conspiracy plotline.

I'm guessing thats what this is, just the laughing man episodes without the "stand alone" ones.

AKA: They want money
The Baker St. Irregular
ROCK. ROBOT ROCK.

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2007, 10:27:16 PM »

This is one series where the fillers don't suck ass! D:

Galatea
The Ultimate

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2007, 06:55:00 PM »

quite true, but they're not called 'filler' episodes but 'stand alone' which sounds cool. i especially liked the one where motoko and batou were in belgium.

Citizen Nine
The Hustlin' Neo-Realist

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2007, 10:08:16 PM »

quite true, but they're not called 'filler' episodes but 'stand alone' which sounds cool. i especially liked the one where motoko and batou were in belgium.
...to be picky, it was Germany. But your point reminds the same, yeah.
Peace.

:: Cuaron, Coppola, Hitchcock, Kazan, Kubrick, Kurosawa, Lean, Scorsese, Welles, Wilder ::
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2007, 12:38:42 AM »

OK, I've seen a handful of episodes of GITS SAC and the "2nd" series, and as cop/spy/special forces shows, they're very good, in both animation and story.

However, I've missed the philosophical stuff so far. Maybe it just hasn't "hit" me yet.

It seem's similar to the first Armitage III OVA (I've heard the 2nd one sucks, but curiousity might get me to watch it someday). Armitage's philosophical ideas were "How organic can you make a robot before you consider it a human?", and "How robotic can you make a human before you consider it a machine?" It also questioned whether machines should still be considered expendable when they become more human. Like GITS, it also had a cop/special forces feeling to it.

I guess that's the thing except for the episode with the cyberized security guards. I don't remember another where someone questioned the human/machine threshold.

I wasn't sure about the AI tanks before, but they're starting to grow on me. Cool
seraphjei
Bravo!

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2007, 12:59:11 AM »

Buy me....
Ghost in the Shell fans, unite. Your favorite killer spider is back once more, as Bandai is delivering a newfangled version which stands 9.5-centimeters high and connects to your PC via USB. Apparently, this creature comes bundled with software which enables it to play back voice messages and fire up mini-games when it's not emitting sounds through the built-in speaker or catching your eye with its integrated LEDs. Unfortunately, it looks like this creature won't actually be uncaged until next February, but that'll give you some time to save up the ¥13,440 ($115) that you'll need come launch day.

Aeternum vale
My Girl
Hobo
The Pan

Peter Banning

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2007, 05:37:50 AM »

I really want to get one, but I don't think I could convince myself to spend that much on, well, that.

Have to fight.
Have to fly.

Have to crow.
The Baker St. Irregular
ROCK. ROBOT ROCK.

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2007, 07:12:58 AM »

HOOK IT TO MY VEINS

EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2007, 06:09:21 PM »

The Tachikomas have always been, and always will be awesome.

Final Negotiator: You'd really have to watch the entire series to get the full philosophical ideas of The Laughing Man (1st Gig) or The Individual Eleven (2nd Gig). Or, you could just watch those stories collected into two hour chunks. I think Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - The Laughing Man just came out on DVD.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2007, 05:48:04 AM »

Am I the only one here who liked the Puppet Master story over the Stand Alone Complex gigs?
War.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
Citizen Nine
The Hustlin' Neo-Realist

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2007, 12:42:44 PM »

Am I the only one here who liked the Puppet Master story over the Stand Alone Complex gigs?
War.
...I hope so, because the Individual Eleven arc in 2nd GIG is far superior in just about every aspect in my opinon.
Peace.

The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2007, 03:07:15 PM »

Ghost in the Shell fans, unite. Your favorite killer spider is back once more, as Bandai is delivering a newfangled version which stands 9.5-centimeters high and connects to your PC via USB. Apparently, this creature comes bundled with software which enables it to play back voice messages and fire up mini-games when it's not emitting sounds through the built-in speaker or catching your eye with its integrated LEDs. Unfortunately, it looks like this creature won't actually be uncaged until next February, but that'll give you some time to save up the ¥13,440 ($115) that you'll need come launch day.

Cool. You know, I would love to see a video game where you and The Tachikomas square off against the pink spider things from The Big O Acts 23 & 24. Absolute carnage! Vegeta, back me up on this one... Would it not rock?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: