City of Amnesia
May 05, 2024, 09:49:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ghost in the Shell Uber Thread  (Read 27798 times)
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2010, 06:47:01 AM »

So...does the cybernetic body age along with the brain, or did they just stick her brain into an adult body right then and there (which would be sort of weird), or were there multiple upgrades throughout her life? Same goes for the terrorist leader (Kuze? I think was the name?).

Like whats confusing me, and again I think I'm misremembering it, is if she grew up being cybridized...yeah do they ever explain how its even possible to 'grow up' if its just "Scoop out brain, put in mechanical corpus, end of procedure"

I remember this, being fully glued to the screen during every GitS episode. Matoko mentioned that she underwent periodic body transplants. It's left to the viewer to realize why: I assume, to ensure she experienced some form of  normal growth during childhood and adolescence, and also to adapt her brain case and neurological connections to a growing brain. Advanced as GitS technology is, it doesn't look like they have cyborgs that can grow.

edit: I stick to my "Ishikawa was just super-super good at future googling plus access to crazy black-ops hacking techniques" theory, as I've mentioned on many occasions he is to that show what the chloe character is in 24. The hand-wave "internet did it" character.

I agree this is a  good explanation. Future-google!

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2010, 07:01:32 PM »

I remember this, being fully glued to the screen during every GitS episode. Matoko mentioned that she underwent periodic body transplants. It's left to the viewer to realize why: I assume, to ensure she experienced some form of  normal growth during childhood and adolescence, and also to adapt her brain case and neurological connections to a growing brain. Advanced as GitS technology is, it doesn't look like they have cyborgs that can grow.

I saw an episode of it, a couple of weeks ago, where my question is explicitly answered and I guess I'd just forgotten about that episode..they only air them at 5 am on saturday, so its been a while since I've watched it.

(In the last episode of the first season, Batou makes some comment about a watch shes saving, and mokoto says something along the lines of "I had my brain transplanted into different bodies as required". So the implication was the brain/consciousness ages, and gets put into bodies matching its age. I suppose)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 07:09:58 PM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: