City of Amnesia
May 18, 2024, 02:47:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Death Note  (Read 28752 times)
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2007, 09:50:20 PM »

Honestly, I think Light's supposed to sound like an average school kid, since besides being a bit smarter than most, he is. I'm sure Swaile grow into the role as the show goes on, and will probably mature a great deal after episode 25, or whenever it is.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2007, 03:11:34 PM »

light is in college, right?

Ninomiya sucks at dancing, but everything else is perfect...... Cheesy
seraphjei
Bravo!

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2007, 08:38:51 PM »

light is in college, right?

He's in his third year which is the equivalent of a senior at the start of the series. He graduates then becomes a college student for about half the series. The latter half he is in his twenties.

Aeternum vale
My Girl
DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2007, 01:05:29 PM »

Damn it, I need to follow this, if only to know what the crap everyone is talking about. This, and play Portal. I think I'll watch the live action version, see how it is.
War.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2007, 01:09:59 PM »

I think I'll watch the live action version, see how it is.

Don't waste your time with the live-action. It's ho-hum. Are you reluctant to watch the animé because of its length? It's generally worth the entertainment you'll get.

Oh! Light's voice actor sucks. Thats why. Nothing wrong with Death Note being on Adult Swim, Light just sounds like a wuss.
This, and then some. I was thinking the exact same thing. I mean, he doesn't sound like anything I pictured at first, which was some egotistial, slick, know it all with a god-complex (hi, Xy-poo >_> ) but he just sounded like an over the top schoolboy.

Have you two heard the Japanese voice actors? They sounded very, very well chosen. I'd watch the whole series over again, if only the American voice actors had the same sound.

Since Death Note, Light's voice actor has been popping up in all sorts of similar roles. Code Geass and Gundam 00, as far as I know. I guess Death Note really made him.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 01:19:51 PM by R. Daniel Olk 01 » Logged

Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2007, 07:09:54 PM »

Light is in college in the live action. Yay! I made 30 dollars showing it so far!... it's not that much, oh well.

Ninomiya sucks at dancing, but everything else is perfect...... Cheesy
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2007, 12:45:47 PM »

Oh! Light's voice actor sucks. Thats why. Nothing wrong with Death Note being on Adult Swim, Light just sounds like a wuss.
This, and then some. I was thinking the exact same thing. I mean, he doesn't sound like anything I pictured at first, which was some egotistial, slick, know it all with a god-complex (hi, Xy-poo >_> ) but he just sounded like an over the top schoolboy. Anyway, I might get used to it the more the series goes on, but yeah. Sounds terrible at the moment.
Peace.

Yeah, Light's voice was unusually meek, considering the great power he had been given. I don't know if this is on purpose, to give a "wolf in sheeps clothing" appearance to him, or to make it easier to partner his character with the shinigami. (If he was egotistical, he may have ignored the shinigami's guidance.) Yeah, I'm also dealing with the bad voicing for the sake of the story.

On the other hand, they picked the perfect voice for Ryuk. I'm surprised that Brian Drummond didn't take some jobs away from Steven Blum, when doing character voices similar to Ryuk. Maybe Brian should do some voicing for X-Men's Wolverine?

.The Final Negotiator.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 08:26:34 AM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2007, 10:46:37 AM »

Hmm. having had a chance catch an episode, I have to say, Ocean has problems with long shows. The dub overall is pretty decent, but however much like InuYasah, the dub is pretty typical TV fair. Pass. Ocean is capable of doing amazing dubs however, watch Black Lagoon.

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2007, 11:28:54 PM »

I've only started watching this, and really I'd just like to point out the "epic potato chip eating..OF DEATH" scene in the episode that just aired is goddamn hilarious.
Big Money
Supergreen

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2007, 07:48:54 AM »

I've only started watching this, and really I'd just like to point out the "epic potato chip eating..OF DEATH" scene in the episode that just aired is goddamn hilarious.

I watched this for the first, maybe only time last night/this morning, and yeah, this was pretty awesome. I could see where'd I'd get to watching this show, it looks nice, and the monster thing's Vegeta, right? I just don't watch too much tv anymore, and am unwilling to commit >.>...

What's wrong with you? What you screamin' for?
BZZZZ!
The Big Finale
A Dark Knight
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2007, 09:03:53 AM »

I watched an episode of it a while back and it didn't hook me, but the Dramatic Chips part definitely has me wanting more Death Note.
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2007, 05:53:42 PM »

. . .the monster thing's Vegeta, right?

Cheesy

To be honest, I don't hear it, but that could be because I haven't watched Dragonball Z in ages.

Based on reading the manga, I'd say Death Note gets better. Ryuk's definitely been my favorite part of the anime, though.

DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2007, 07:37:20 PM »

. . .the monster thing's Vegeta, right?

Cheesy

To be honest, I don't hear it, but that could be because I haven't watched Dragonball Z in ages.

Based on reading the manga, I'd say Death Note gets better. Ryuk's definitely been my favorite part of the anime, though.

Depends. Funimation's doing Death Note, right? If so, it is all too likely to be Christopher Sabat portraying the... monster thing. He likes to do those monstery-person thing voices.
War.

EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2007, 09:45:17 PM »

Nope, it's Viz with The Ocean Group. And Brian Drummond voices Ryuk, the "monster thing."

DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2007, 09:46:11 PM »

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAANND!!

So, we have Death Note like this?
War.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: