City of Amnesia
May 05, 2024, 05:33:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood  (Read 2814 times)
Sharpshooter005

« on: February 13, 2010, 07:04:11 PM »

..Begins airing tonight on Adult Swim.

I'm sure theres probably some fans so I figured "Hey, why not make a topic for it?"

I personally drifted away from the show because it was on right around when ghost in the shell:stand alone came on, and comparing "Hahaha what, they turned a guy into a bird" with GITS...well I've made my liking of the latter pretty clear in the past. Then shortly after that I..just sorta stopped watching anime mostly (I saw some of gurren lagaan when sci-fi aired it. Wow thats like the anti evangelion, instead of everybody crying the four or so episodes I saw were "HELL YEAH WE GOT GIGANTIC DEATH MACHINES". Welcome respite for gainax..or did gainax not make that one, I know FLCL was supposedly made partially to wash the taste of Anno's depressing idiocy out of their collective mouths)

But I'm an insomniac, and this is on late so maybe I'll drop the embargo and watch it. Cause it's really SO HARD to pick up a remote, yeah.

Apparently this hews closer to the source material, with which I'm entirely unfamiliar. Is it better? Should I give it a shot?

edit: It's also on Hulu, apparently...or I just saw it on there when seeing if they uploaded the latest episode of something else entirely unrelated.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 07:08:01 PM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 09:48:27 PM »

I watched a fansubbed first episode with a friend, but we couldn't get through the first ten minutes. They never sufficiently introduced the main character, that stupid blond kid. It doesn't matter that I already know the basic story, the episode had a complete lack of structure and a godawful sense of "humor." They must have figured, many people already love the franchise, and since they are largely going to be the ones watching this retelling, introductions just aren't necessary.

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 11:24:49 PM »

The only think I know about FMA: Brotherhood is that it's closer to manga.

Edit: Ok, so I watched it. Dub is good but much like the first one, Vic really, really overacts. Also, they really wore the short jokes out already. I think I counted a "haha Ed is short" jokes every 15 seconds. All in all, wasn't overtly impressed, then again the original FMA is dreadfully overrated in my book.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:26:53 AM by Graham Aker » Logged

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 10:49:24 AM »

Oh so its pretty much everything I disliked about the original then.

Welp
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 07:17:15 AM »

Oh so its pretty much everything I disliked about the original then.

Welp

Totally. In fact I heard it doesn't really change much until episode 15ish, then it starts being more like the comic.

Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 05:44:12 PM »

Having seen the end, when I saw a commercial for it, I went "Oh...well...all they can do is retell the same damn story. I mean, with the way it ended and all..." And pretty much decided it wasn't worth my time.

Apparently, according to Graham here, I'm right. I watched the first one almost all the way through, missing an episode or two or four, then they kept rerunning it like InuYasha. At that point my sentiments became the same: We've seen it...5 times through already (InuYasha more) so...TAKE IT OFF AND PUT COWBOY BEBOP ON IN ONE SLOT, BIG-O IN ANOTHER, AND SINCE INUYASHA TOOK A WHOLE HOUR, PUT SOMETHING ELSE IN! HELL, BRING BACK S-CRY-ED FOR ALL I CARE!

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: