City of Amnesia
May 05, 2024, 10:50:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Funi edits a show about loli Vampire, Drama ensues.  (Read 7837 times)
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« on: March 05, 2010, 08:45:20 PM »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-05/funimation-addresses-dance-in-the-vampire-bund-edits

Seems Funimation is drawing heat over editing a show about a Vampire loli who get's an oil massage in episode two. I think Funi made the right call honestly. Also lol at the ANN on DVD forums. I'll sum up the entire thread on this issue. "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!"

"Its pedophile trash. That's all there is to it." Afax from the ANN forums telling it like it is.

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 10:27:37 PM »

Hahaha, at first I thought this was going to be about Moonphase. Oh, loli vampire shows on Funimation. How they multiply. Not that I have any beef with Moonphase.

Just looking at that promotional image for Vampire Bund makes me agree with you, Graham. It looks like an official illustration. Standing next to that, nobody could legitimately defend themselves.

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 02:07:27 AM »

Hahaha, at first I thought this was going to be about Moonphase. Oh, loli vampire shows on Funimation. How they multiply. Not that I have any beef with Moonphase.

Just looking at that promotional image for Vampire Bund makes me agree with you, Graham. It looks like an official illustration. Standing next to that, nobody could legitimately defend themselves.

lol, you should see the Image they have on the ANN Encyclopedia about it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10948

I also love the guys on the ANN forums grasping for straws trying to defend the oil massage scene in episode 2. " w-well, it's party of the story" is the most common defense. Like it changes the fact that it's still creepy as hell, and apparently, there's an uncut version as well. I can only imagine what thats like.

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 02:04:14 PM »

... I find it weird anyone actually cares about what anime has in it honestly. If you don't like what you see then don't watch it, simple, no need to ruin the fun for everyone else.
I find it strange they get upset about a kid getting a massage. I mean sure it's a little girl, but it's just a massage. It isn't like it's loli hentai or anything sexual. Yes I realize that a massage can be seen as sexual, but I highly doubt that's what the creator intended. Otherwise I highly doubt funi would have produced it.

Then again, to each his own.

Shall I grant your wish?
Mike
soap

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 03:01:51 PM »

Most anime now is crap anyway. It's like they take a big list of things that seem to be popular and/or sell well, and throw them all together into a soulless show without anything creative.

And people still lick it up like crack.
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 04:02:42 PM »

It's like they take a big list of things that seem to be popular and/or sell well, and throw them all together into a soulless show without anything creative.
Sounds like the creator of Inuyasha. Guess what she's working on now? A girl "falling in love" (or disgruntled admiration) for a half-shinigami. Oh and there's a perverted sidekick... and maybe a cute dog.

Rehashing was never so profitable. Seriously, apparently it works for Anime and not Hollywood.

Also why are people complaining about the edit? They probably already have the fan-subs or RAWs to th0e episode already.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 04:07:45 PM by Professor Vogler » Logged

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 04:12:26 PM »

Most anime now is crap anyway. It's like they take a big list of things that seem to be popular and/or sell well, and throw them all together into a soulless show without anything creative.

And people still lick it up like crack.

Pretty much this. Every new season in Japan brings more garbage. One of the lulzist is Nyan-Koi, a harem show where everyone turns into cats. Top notch work as always Japan. Although, I would like to see the second season of Darker than Black.

R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 07:12:48 PM »

Also why are people complaining about the edit? They probably already have the fan-subs or RAWs to the episode already.

So true! Sooooo true.

Pretty much this. Every new season in Japan brings more garbage.

You guys are starting to sound like curmudgeons. There will always be buttloads of derivitave crap media, and always a few shining stars. This shall never, ever change. The crap-to-treasure ratio may fluctuate from year to year, but there will always be more crap.

I highly doubt that's what the creator intended. Otherwise I highly doubt funi would have produced it.

What was it Lex Luthor said in Superman Returns...? WRONG! Look at the cover art. That's exactly the intent.
If you don't like what you see then don't watch it, simple, no need to ruin the fun for everyone else
Wow, Yuko-san. I'm surprised that you would say that. Shows how little I know. I suppose people would say, along those lines, is that it's all fantasy and not reality.

I still think Vampire Bund's choice of promotional imagery is a prime case of self-sabotage.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 07:15:50 PM by R. Daniel 01 » Logged

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 08:15:41 PM »

You guys are starting to sound like curmudgeons. There will always be buttloads of derivitave crap media, and always a few shining stars. This shall never, ever change. The crap-to-treasure ratio may fluctuate from year to year, but there will always be more crap.

lol. I've been watching the ANN cast a bit to much, which kinda reminds me of my current opinion on most anime these days. Some good stuff, but for the most part, it's mostly crap lately. I am looking forward to the Trigun movie though.

I still think Vampire Bund's choice of promotional imagery is a prime case of self-sabotage.

And the one in the ANN is actually on of the safer images. I googled that shit up to see what other images could have been used. Good thing they didn't use the one with the main character standing around in a g-string with her neck collar covering her loli boobs. They show is just creepy.

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 09:26:13 PM »

If you don't like what you see then don't watch it, simple, no need to ruin the fun for everyone else
Wow, Yuko-san. I'm surprised that you would say that. Shows how little I know. I suppose people would say, along those lines, is that it's all fantasy and not reality.
Why does it surprise you I would say that? I tell my little sister that all the time. If you don't like it, or if it scares you, don't look or leave the room.
And quite frankly yeah, it is all fantasy. It's a Vampire child for Pete's sake, and yes the images are rather hentai esquire. Does no one here watch Negima? Negima is way worse then one loli vampire chick. I love Negima, but the content is questionable. I mean come on, 32 girls who are shown undressed and a little boy who keeps walking in on them. Funi made that, but it was never intended to be seen as hentai (mostly because steam, ribbons and other stuff covers them).
Also Mike is right. A lot of anime out there today is crappy. DBZ killed itself (though the Buu saga was kinda funny), Inuyasha is dead, even Gundam suffocated itself for a while. Anime today just kills itself. But the Mecha anime this year does look promising. Doesn't mean it'll be good though.

Shall I grant your wish?
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 10:16:52 PM »

Inuyasha is dead

They made 26 new episodes. However, I'm strongly against the way they are doing it. Cramming 18 Volumes of Manga into 26 episodes is crazy.

Gundam suffocated itself for a while.

Gundam has been going down in flames the last few years. If sunrise wants to keep making AU's then that's all fine and well, but I'd love to see an AU similar to Gundam X. Meaning, I don't mind the team of Gundam formula, I just don't want them flipping around while the grunt MS's slowly move around getting one shotted. Gundam X was also awesome in the fact that it was pretty close to UC Gundam as any of AU's have ever been. I'm hoping we see more UC Gundam as well.

EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 11:16:05 AM »

I find it strange they get upset about a kid getting a massage. I mean sure it's a little girl, but it's just a massage. It isn't like it's loli hentai or anything sexual. Yes I realize that a massage can be seen as sexual, but I highly doubt that's what the creator intended. Otherwise I highly doubt funi would have produced it.

It's not just a massage, though. The main character rubs oil down the front of a little girl's half-naked (nearly entirely naked) body. I'll probably wait to see how the edits turn out before I cry foul.

And FUNi didn't produced it, just picked it up for a North American release.

Although, I would like to see the second season of Darker than Black.
Second season is no where near as good as the first.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:20:13 AM by theEND » Logged

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 02:35:06 PM »

a show about a Vampire loli who get's an oil massage in episode two

Also apparently Japans now also fucking obsessed with vampires then? Oh thanks, mormon broad that wrote those awful books. Now you've made that place even weirder.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 02:41:33 PM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
Mike
soap

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 08:02:45 PM »

a show about a Vampire loli who get's an oil massage in episode two

Also apparently Japans now also fucking obsessed with vampires then? Oh thanks, mormon broad that wrote those awful books. Now you've made that place even weirder.
It was better when Japan's vampires were magnum-wielding Nazi hunters.
Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 09:10:01 PM »

It was better when Japan's vampires were magnum-wielding Nazi hunters.
That was a vampire crazy everyone could get into.... except for Nazis.

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: