City of Amnesia

Illegal Residential Sector => Smith Mansion => Topic started by: R. Daniel 01 on February 08, 2011, 01:08:48 PM



Title: Patlabor
Post by: R. Daniel 01 on February 08, 2011, 01:08:48 PM
I love the movies. They're like GitS, and nearly perfect. They're slow-paced, mature, and gorgeous.

I'm in the middle of watching the third movie. The second movie was 99% perfect. It had some abstract discussion and some carnal truth. Only problem was the basic premise. It was too standard for the genre: hawkish shadow-organisation wants Japan to usher in a regional arms race. The story stayed completely within the bounds of a few units, and Japan, and gave the protagonist too little screen-time. Rather modest, dontcha think? It felt a bit hollow to me.


Title: Re: Patlabor
Post by: Brooklyn Luckfield on February 09, 2011, 05:45:45 AM
I love the first two Patlabor movies. The third one is kinda meh.

I also enjoyed the TV series. It sucks CPM utterly fell on their face trying to release it over here but considering it was CPM, it's not to surprising.