City of Amnesia
April 25, 2024, 02:33:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tekkon Kinkreet (Tekkon Concrete)  (Read 4216 times)
Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« on: February 14, 2009, 01:44:17 AM »

Well, I heard of this movie a while ago, and managed to find it raw, but I could barely understand so I stopped about five minutes in. As I am typing this, I have another tab open with a subbed version waiting for me.
Here's a link to the wiki:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekkon_Kinkreet
Pretty much it's about some crazy street urchins. The artwork is as equally crazy as the characters, and the music has already gotten my attention. If you've seen it or heard of it, tell me what you think Smiley

Ninomiya sucks at dancing, but everything else is perfect...... Cheesy
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 01:16:13 PM »

Wow, this thread hasn't been touched in at least 120 days.

A friend of mine showed me the manga. I haven't watched the movie, but I've seen the DVD at my video rental place.

Stories that focus on nihilistic little punks... don't usually interest me. Nonetheless, there's just so much energy and creativity poured into it that I think it deserves a look by anyone.

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 03:09:46 PM »

I might rent this just for kicks.

Also Michael Arias is seeming one of those rare breed of people that has moved to Japan and haven't made a total ass out of themselves. Unlike this guy... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debito_Arudou

EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 09:12:33 PM »

Guy really does sound like an ass.

Well, I haven't seen Tekkon Kinkreet. Looks interesting, but probably not my cup of tea.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 10:41:57 PM »

Arias is some kind of hero. To reach across the East-West divide and build legitimate success, that's very cool.

Arudou sure is an ass. He definitely has unwarranted self-importance. I guess it's admirable to try and move Japanese culture away from xenophobia... but every society is inevitably going to have it, and moreover, his approach is obviously wrong.

Really, a white guy with a Japanese divorcee? He's the worst possible example! If I were a Japanese guy, I'd be thinking, not only is he another obnoxious American, his divorce implies he's a troublesome man to the core. Worst of all, he's taking our women away from us!

I bet Arudou's reason for divorce was something obnoxious and political.

Probably, it would take a collection of guys like Arias to acheive Arudou's goal.

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 08:14:36 AM »

Indeed R.Dan. Arias seems like a cool dude, who tries to reach across the pond and build success.

Arudou on the other hand seems to be trying way to hard to change things that just aren't going to change. His huge unwarranted self-importance doesn't help matter at all. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: