City of Amnesia
March 29, 2024, 01:12:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fangirls of Rosario+Vampire, Chobits  (Read 7231 times)
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« on: November 13, 2010, 09:23:58 AM »

Dunno how many of you guys watched Rosario+Vampire, so I'll explain. It's a supernatural harem show. Human male goes to a monster academy, gets involved with a bunch of hot monster girls, whom he saves with his words. In turn, they constantly save him from other monsters. They also fight one another over his attention.

Sounds typical, and yet this show has plenty of female fans. I asked some of them why.

Q: I have a question. Why do you think Rosario+Vampire is popular with the ladies? I have my guesses, but I want to know from a fangirl herself.

A: I guess it's because it's a lovey-dovey-like anime and very funny Smiley

A: Umm hi. I am like Mizore teh most, and the anime is all bout girls soo xD She's sexy, shy and powerful what more is there to say? Wink

A: i actually dont watch that stuff any more, and i was never really a fan lolz my ex made me watch it and i just liked the art that went
along with it. but i'm guessing its probably the soap opera feel to it, women like drama and romance and shows like that deliver it in an interesting and new way than they do here in north america, its like the modern girl soap opera i guess.

Only asked one female Chobits fan so far, and I'm hesitant to ask more, because Chobits creeps me out.

Ace of Spades
"Gigolo Joe" (ref: Pimp Char)
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 12:23:43 PM »

I must concur from my own observations old chap-- equally or fewer panty shots than in Colorful.

Who's afraid of The Big Bad Wolf?
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 01:23:01 PM »

Than in Colorful? As usual, I have no idea what you're saying. I'm pretty sure you just enjoy trolling me.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 01:28:39 PM by R. Daniel 01 » Logged

Randolf
I Am Not Alone

Live life.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 07:00:21 PM »

Than in Colorful? As usual, I have no idea what you're saying. I'm pretty sure you just enjoy trolling me.
Colorful is... well, colorful. Colorful as in an epilepsy-inducing, mixed-media mishmash of underwear, breasts and ugly guys freakin' out over them.

So... yeah, it would, in fact, be difficult to not make an anime with fewer panty shots.

Disclaimer: I have not, in fact, watched Colorful, but have seen enough promotional materials, screenshots and reviews to get a reasonably trustworthy impression.

I have not watched Rosario+Vampire either, so I'll shut up now.

Addendum: On second thought, I'm no longer even certain if Colorful was an anime. I know it showed on Adult Swim for a while, and may have been at least partly their abomination. Others may know better.
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 07:09:44 PM »

I see. There was a clip on YouTube. Yep, looked like Adult Swim material.

Ace of Spades
"Gigolo Joe" (ref: Pimp Char)
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 02:48:26 AM »

Colorful as in an epilepsy-inducing, mixed-media mishmash of underwear, breasts and ugly guys freakin' out over them.

But it's the facial expressions that make it worth a few yucks Randolph.

I see. There was a clip on YouTube. Yep, looked like Adult Swim material.
Yes R. Daniel old bean, the show was on G4's late night Barbed Wired Biscuit block-- until the darkness turned it into a husk of what it used to be.

Who's afraid of The Big Bad Wolf?
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 05:44:05 AM »

Wellll, since you called me "old bean," all is forgiven. Smiley Still not too relevant to the topic, though. Now if COLORFUL had a large female fanbase, that'd be interesting. And baffling, and partially hilarious, and indicative that a lot of ladies have secret guy-brains inside of them. And that's the best!

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 04:48:54 PM »

I like the episode where the zeppelin full of undead whermacht gets shot down

Oh wait.
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 04:59:06 PM »

You misspelled wehrmacht. Loser. Jeez.

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 01:44:28 PM »

So I just started reading Rosario+Vampire. I've read a little chobits.

The reason Chobits is popular with the ladies, IMO, is the love story aspect. I like it for the art style. Clamp is just awesome.
The reason I like Rosario Vampire is less the panty shots and the fighting/ crazy fun time ness that the manga has.

I've never watched either anime. Manga over anime except in the case of Big O and XXXHolic. Yuko isn't as dramatic in the manga as in the anime.

Shall I grant your wish?
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 05:48:37 PM »

The reason Chobits is popular with the ladies, IMO, is the love story aspect. I like it for the art style. Clamp is just awesome.

The system goes on-line August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to get into fan-service scenarios that entice weeaboos. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 05:57:59 PM »

It is my hypothesis and direct experience that Chobits fangirls are lovers of/desperate for/inexperienced with sex.

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure the plot is some dude trying to bang a cylon realdoll so yeah

weeaboo fangirls are like a specialized brand of screwy. There was a thread I made about that on a previous iteration of here (well, yaoi ones specifically).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: