City of Amnesia
April 25, 2024, 03:02:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Full Metal Alchemist  (Read 11844 times)
Mewtwo
Lord of Psychics

« on: August 14, 2007, 05:09:34 PM »

Possibly my favorite Anime of all time, with my favorite Anime character ever in it, Edward Elric. What do you guys think of it? Discuss.

"Soon, it will be like you've never existed at all..."
[/b]
Galatea
The Ultimate

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 05:47:59 PM »

DO NOT WANT!

seraphjei
Bravo!

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 06:15:12 PM »

As far as anime goes, Full Metal Alchemist is way up there. It's a great show and definitely worth a watch. I don't think the movie did the ending justice. I sense future milking. We will see.

Aeternum vale
My Girl
Delirious

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 06:16:34 PM »

I love FMA!!  Except for the Wraith arc, (which I know is important) I love the whole thing.  I don't know why I don't like the Wraith story, but it always gets me down.  My favorite homunculus is probably Greed.  It's been a while since I've seen it but he seemed to me to be the least concerned with the Philosopher's Stone and just wanted to learn how to live forever.

I really need to track down the books and read them, too.  I've almost got all the videos, I've got the three sounds tracks, and the movie.  I need to track down the movie soundtrack, too.  I think I'm a bit obsessed, yes?  Wink
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 10:50:31 AM by Delirious » Logged

Citizen Nine
The Hustlin' Neo-Realist

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 06:19:21 PM »

Big FMA fan myself, and I still need to watch the movie.

I've been reading the latest chapters on the Internet though and the latest one is pretty good which deals with Hohenheim. And for the hell of it, I'm reading the manga that comes out in bookstores too, even though I'm way beyond that.

Favorite episodes anybody? Mine would have to be the last three episodes and when Greed is killed. Damn, he was an awesome character.
Peace.

All this guerrilla warfare in Arabia is cutting into my drinking...
:: Cuaron, Coppola, Hitchcock, Kazan, Kubrick, Kurosawa, Lean, Scorsese, Welles, Wilder ::
Mewtwo
Lord of Psychics

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 10:55:34 PM »

Hey guys, here's a little something my friend whipped up, its an FMA AMV, and I got to tell ya, its much better then the usual AMV that's out there. Here's a link to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt3yD0k__Vg

"Soon, it will be like you've never existed at all..."
[/b]
Citizen Nine
The Hustlin' Neo-Realist

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 02:03:23 PM »

Quote from: 20
DO NOT WANT!
You never explained this by the way?

Anybody here keep up with the manga at all? Until the Greed arc, it pretty much stays the same and then the anime goes its own route. The manga has a lot more, but that's just me. Anyone else?
Peace.

:: Cuaron, Coppola, Hitchcock, Kazan, Kubrick, Kurosawa, Lean, Scorsese, Welles, Wilder ::
seraphjei
Bravo!

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 02:56:17 PM »

Quote from: 27

Anybody here keep up with the manga at all? Until the Greed arc, it pretty much stays the same and then the anime goes its own route. The manga has a lot more, but that's just me. Anyone else?
Peace.

I never read the manga. How EXACTLY do the two diverge? No Dante I assume?

Aeternum vale
My Girl
Citizen Nine
The Hustlin' Neo-Realist

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 03:10:12 PM »

Quote from: 47

I never read the manga. How EXACTLY do the two diverge? No Dante I assume?
In a number of ways actually...

- There's no Dante, the main villain hits way closer to home.
- The Homonucli differ; Wrath is King Bradley, not Izumi's child, Sloth is a huge Hulk-like creature not the Elrics mother and Pride hasn't been revealed yet.
- The way the Homonucli are created is different as well and have different properties in general.
- Characters' fates differ as well: Shou Tucker and Lust are dead, Yoki is alive and others. Hughes is dead though and Marcoh is still alive.
- Maria Ross was charged with killing Hughes even though it was Envy morphed as well. She fled Central though.
- Alphonse can use alchemy like Edward because he saw the gate and remembered everything in a sense.
- Edward and Alphonse spend a lot of time apart, resulting in different things happening to them.
- A whole set of characters are revealed, such as Lin and his group, Armstrong's sister (whose in the Army with him) and others.

There's a bunch more, but just from that you can how the anime differs from the manga after a certain point.
Peace.

Galatea
The Ultimate

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 07:08:04 PM »

It is just one of those deep down in your heart feelings that one does not need to explain yet still wishes to point out that the subject presented is of no interest to them. So in order to compensate for this psycological phenomena, one uses the term "DO NOT WANT" which can be presented in many forms. For example:

Citizen Nine
The Hustlin' Neo-Realist

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 09:55:22 AM »

It is just one of those deep down in your heart feelings that one does not need to explain yet still wishes to point out that the subject presented is of no interest to them. So in order to compensate for this psycological phenomena, one uses the term "DO NOT WANT" which can be presented in many forms. For example:
I don't see an example, the link isn't working I guess. Didn't know there was suppose to be a picture either until I clicked the link to quote this.

Also, if you are interested in FMA, why did you post in the thread in the first place?
Peace.

Big Money
Supergreen

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 02:21:58 PM »

DO NOT WANT!

Hafta say I agree here... There's parts of the show I like, what with the symmetry with the 7 sins and what have you, and the fact that one of the characters is a suit of armor, but really this show was waaaaaay to melodramatic for me to keep up with. It was like Scrubs or something.

I hate Scrubs.

What's wrong with you? What you screamin' for?
BZZZZ!
Citizen Nine
The Hustlin' Neo-Realist

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 04:07:29 PM »

Motherfucker, did you just compare FMA to Zach Braff's Scrubs?

Explain how or, however you Internet jockies say, stfu or gtfo.

Did I do it rite?
Peace.

Mike
soap

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 04:11:58 PM »

Hey, I like Scrubs.

I only saw FMA a couple times, and it seemed pretty good despite the fact that I had no idea what was going on. Like the one where they were inexplicably in the Real World during WWI.
Big Money
Supergreen

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 05:32:25 PM »

Quote from: 27
Motherfucker, did you just compare FMA to Zach Braff's Scrubs?

Explain how or, however you Internet jockies say, stfu or gtfo.

Did I do it rite?
Peace.

Normally I wouldn't explain, but because its you Nine, I'll make an effort.

FMA has the whole "Hey everyone's happy and so and so OH WAIT EVERYONE IN THE TOWN GOT BONEITIS"

I remember that happening once.

What's wrong with you? What you screamin' for?
BZZZZ!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: